Bill D Cat's userfunction_questHelpers file

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Bill D Cat

Bill D Cat's userfunction_questHelpers file

#1 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri May 22, 2015 5:21 pm

This thread will always be the one that gets updated whenever I make a significant change to my questHelpers file. There are functions in here that are available for anyone else to use in any waypoint file that you create. I place no restrictions on its use, so feel free to use, modify or ignore it as you see fit.

Current version: 2.3

Functions include:

moveAndGather() -- Function to locate an object, move to it, and gather it.
targetAndUse() -- Function to locate an object, move to it, and use a specified item on it.
killForQuest() -- Functions to hunt and kill required number of specified mobs until the corresponding quests are complete.
CatchMobSetup() -- Sets up onPreSkillCast and onSkillCast to check the targets HP and use an item if the HP is lower than the given percentage.
SureAcceptQuest() and SureCompleteQuest() -- Functions to try and Accept and Complete quests during a structured waypoint file. Failure to successfully accept or complete a quest will pause the bot to allow you to fix the problem.
swapClass() -- Function to allow you to change your classes at any housekeeper.
Attachments
userfunction_questHelpers.lua
Version 2.3 (July 20, 2015)
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Last edited by Bill D Cat on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bill D Cat

Re: Bill D Cat's userfunction_questHelpers file

#2 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Update: Version 2.2

moveAndGather(): Now emulates player:target_Object() but without the combat interruption check. This allows you to try to complete a gather, even if you get attacked. However, once the casting bar is actually interrupted, your character can fight back if the waypoint mode is set to NORMAL or RUN. The change was needed to allow you to gather the statue of Princess Morfantas at the end of the Taffrock instance while being attacked by the elite.

CatchMobSetup(): Did some adjusting to this function to make it a bit more stable. The bot will capture mobs more efficiently and not kill them as often. Added a few more skills to the disabled list.

swapClass(): Added a function to allow you to change your classes while talking to a housekeeper. This will work inside or outside your house.

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Update: Version 2.3

Missed a check in the CatchMobSetup() when clearing the settings and re-enabling the skills.

noobbotter

#4 Post by noobbotter » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 am

BillDCat,

Have you ever made a modified version of the createpath.lua to use your functions?

Bill D Cat

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:11 am

No, I haven't. There were just too many variables involved to do so. Such as the killForQuest() function accepting between 1 and 3 different mobID's/questID's. It was just easier for me to copy/paste the command where needed when I was generating my waypoint files.