Sascilla Steps Zone Quests

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Myaaa

Sascilla Steps Zone Quests

#1 Post by Myaaa » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:59 pm

I nearly always do this zone, it seems easier for me to level my second class here, and then just grab the Logar outfit, or leave it out completely... :)
So, I started to make this, but I haven't finished yet sadly.
I run into a bit of a problem on how to interact with the Wooden Box, in Fogur Marsh... since it isn't an NPC... anyone can help me out on that? I'm sorry if it is a stupid question, I only made one waypoint file before, and that had only harvest points in it... :D
The file btw is going all the way until the wooden box... and Rock5's QuestHelpers is required for it to work.
Attachments
reifort01.xml
(27.67 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

rock5

Re: Sascilla Steps Zone Quests

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Um... I believe questhelpers belongs to Bill D Cat.

There are basically 2 functions you can use to interact with objects; player:target_NPC and player:target_Object.

target_NPC is basically equivalent to just double clicking the object. It doesn't wait for it to finish and only tries once. Even though it's called "NPC" it can be used on objects that just require a click.

When you need to click an object and wait for the casting bar to clear and maybe try again until the object disappears or target multiple objects, you should use target_Object. The arguments are a bit complex but the function is more versatile when needed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Myaaa

#3 Post by Myaaa » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Well, I used target_NPC with the box, as you just need to complete a quest with "talking" to it, and then start the next one, but when I tested it out, it said that the npc wasn't found and cannot be targeted... There may be a problem with the id, createpath inserted? It didn't write the name beside it, as usual. :?
And I'm sorry I took away the credit from Bill D Cat, I just remembered your name, because you edited it last... :oops:

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Try starting rom/getid and confirming the id/name.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Here's the waypoint file I was working on a while ago for the same zone. You can use it to compare how I did things with the way you attempted them. Both seem to work pretty good, so if you want to just borrow a few ideas or not I won't mind either way. :-)

Edit: Added second file that covers Rose Caravan to Mentha Caravan. Nov 23, 2014
Edit: Added third file that covers Mentha Caravan to Gurla Caravan. May 10, 2015

My userfunction_questHelpers is here: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=6016
Attachments
SS_01_ReifortCamp.xml
Reifort Camp to Rose Caravan
(33.76 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
SS_02_RoseCaravan.xml
Rose Caravan to Mentha Caravan
(20.38 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
SS_03_MenthaCaravan.xml
Mentha Caravan to Gurla Caravan
(23.72 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Last edited by Bill D Cat on Fri May 22, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bill D Cat

#6 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Just a bump because I added the second waypoint file to the previous post.

Bill D Cat

#7 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun May 10, 2015 7:31 am

Sorry it's taken so long, but I took a break from RoM for a bit to deal with some real life issues. I'm back to playing a few days a week now and hope to have more time to work on this zone collection of waypoint files. For now, here's the third installment in the series that will cover quests in Mentha Caravan up to Gurla Caravan.

sauhard

#8 Post by sauhard » Mon May 11, 2015 1:51 am

Weclome back!
Satisfaction is the end of desire!!

Bill D Cat

#9 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat May 23, 2015 9:55 am

Here's the next installment in this quest chain series. This will complete the quests at Gurla Caravan with the exception of Wild Mane, and finish at the Ailic Expedition camp.
Attachments
SS_04_GurlaCaravan.xml
Gurla Caravan to Ailic Expedition camp
(26.97 KiB) Downloaded 214 times