Failed to cast warning

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
883Dman

Failed to cast warning

#1 Post by 883Dman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 pm

After running my bot for a time (hours/overnight often) MM starts getting a bunch of failed to cast and aborted messages, my character dies, I accrue horrible debt. Is there a way to sound an alarm or terminate the client like with the processmonitor (love that) when it gets x-amount of failed to cast or aborted in succession?

noobbotter

Re: Failed to cast warning

#2 Post by noobbotter » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Maybe your character is running out of mana which can cause a fail to cast message?

883Dman

#3 Post by 883Dman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:34 pm

It's a scout, but it will happen on any class. My guess is MM loses track of the cooldowns and can't cast because it thinks everything is on cooldown even when it isn't. It's probably a "memory fatigue" issue corrupting the bot. I doubt anything except a reload will fix it. I'm just hoping to find a way to detect it and kill the client b4 mobs eat me while I'm having my seizure.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Is the client still up and running when you get back to it? Are you using the normal bot attack process or have you customized anything such as the unstick functions?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

883Dman

#5 Post by 883Dman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:09 pm

I usually find my guy facedown and the last attack incomplete in MM window. I use normal attack functions. Nothing special except catch cavy and use goody

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm

It's hard to come up with a solution that will work unless we know what is going on. I suspect this is one of those times when we are not going to be able to figure out what is happening because it happens when you are away from the computer.

There is no facility for doing something if it fails to cast a certain number of times but I thought it triggers an unstick event if it fails to cast too many times. Are you seeing unstick events on the console? If so you could use the unstick functions Lisa set up a while ago. Just create an unStick3(), unStick6() or unStick9() function somewhere, such as the waypoint onload, and it will be run on the 3rd, 6th or 9th unstick respectively.

Let me see, what else? Maybe you are putting yourself into a situation where you get attacked my multiple mobs that are obstructed by obstacles and it is somehow getting stuck alternating between these mobs. When you find him face down, are there obstructions around it? Does it usually happen in the same place? Does it happen with different waypoint files in other locations?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

883Dman

#7 Post by 883Dman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:45 pm

There are no obstacles. It just happened, but it started a couple minutes later while I was fiddling with the screenshot. Note in the screenshot it fails to complete the attack. I just sat down and my guy was standing there doing nothing. Luckily there are NPCs to kill the mobs or he woulda died. It did seem to self-correct given time. I'll check out the unstick function and see if that might be useful, but it happens in various locations in different zones.
Attachments
mm.jpg

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:24 pm

In that screenshot it looks like the mobs are dying. The fact that it says "aborted" may just be a mistake in what it prints. I've noticed lately that I get aborted messages like that but it is actually using the skills and working properly. Although a side affect of this is, because it says aborted, it thinks the skill wasn't used and then tries to use the skill again even though it's on cooldown. It doesn't seem to happen all the time so it's hard to bug fix. Restarting the script often fixes it. That said, the failed to cast messages might be a separate issue. It would help to see a screen shot of the console when it has the issue that causes it to die.

883Dman

#9 Post by 883Dman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:28 pm

Yeah that one wasn't exactly like the ones that cause me to die. Those were a string of failed casts. The aborts are certainly because the mob dies. I notice it all the time when the bot kills something but it doesnt die before he start the next attack/spell. If I die I'll get a screenie of the failed casts

BlubBlab

#10 Post by BlubBlab » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Which rombot version you use 883Dman ?
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

883Dman

#11 Post by 883Dman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:17 pm

here's a screenie of one just happening. Lucky i saw him beating on a bird with his stick b4 he died/
Attachments
mm2.jpg

BlubBlab

#12 Post by BlubBlab » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:04 pm

I don't mean the that I mean the reversion number of your bot.(lua script)
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

883Dman

#13 Post by 883Dman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:26 pm

MM 1.03 Rombot: 3.29

I just realized there are 2 different things happening. 1: The bot fails to acquire a new target and rombot hangs mid-cast. I think there is an example in my first screenie where you see the last command doesn't complete. Bot just stands there. If I tab to a new target it will run over and auto attack but fail to use skills. 2. is the recent screenshot where it starts to just fail to cast. I think there is a correlation with lag. I had bad lag at the time. I think maybe the lag through the program's recognition of the the cooldowns off. Not sure. It's interesting.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 pm

I think lag is the top likely cause for theses issues. What made you suspect lag? Was the game stuttering? If so, was it also stuttering when running between waypoints between fights?

883Dman

#15 Post by 883Dman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:46 pm

I was having a hell of a time in siege on my scout. (getting the pew pew sound without the actual action). character "locking up" and having to swap gear to move again, other player complaining of my lag porting in siege. Obviously the character in question wasn't in siege but it did occur (this time) immediately before it started. I noticed this zone is bad for lagging out over time as well. (Sarlo).

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:11 am

I was getting *aborted* alot in my KS runs recently on a private server, I was having ping issues so I just put it down to lag as opposed to anything else.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:50 am

That may be the case with 883Dman, or not, I don't know. The reason I asked those questions is because when I was getting some aborts I had low fps which indicates a problem local to the PC. I don't believe lag can cause low fps.

So if 883Dman is getting lag with big pings then there really isn't anything we can do. But if he is getting stuttering with low fps then something is happening locally. We might be able to address that.

beanybabe

#18 Post by beanybabe » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:52 am

Did anyone ever figure this out "Failed to cast" It started happening. it seems to be happening most of the time. I tried micromacro 104 105 and rom bot few versions. bot seems to work otherwise. it just will not attack.

I tried using default profile just changed the autoelete factor and mob levels. I kept waiting to see if anyone else posted a problem.

cokebot

#19 Post by cokebot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:48 pm

similar problem here, my bot get stuck sometimes after killing a mob and everytime it happens the last attack was incomplete in MM window

beanybabe

#20 Post by beanybabe » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:24 pm

I found this in the lantuage.lua I am trying to figure were the 82 points to must be a table or something, need to find the code generating the error.
[82] = "=> * aborted *\n",