rom bot not working..

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kovert

rom bot not working..

#1 Post by kovert » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 am

whenever i start the rom bot and run rom/bot command it gives a error saying
"cannot open scripts\rom/bot.lua: No such file or directory"
i have the latest update of everything but still its not working. Haven't played rom for a few months have some stuffs changed recently ??
Thank you will appreciate some help :)
would have posted a an image but apparently external links are considered as spam...

rock5

Re: rom bot not working..

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:40 am

It looks like you didn't install the bot. Micromacro is not the bot. It is the Lua interpreter that runs the bot which is written in Lua. You need TortoiseSVN to download the bot from the svn repository. There are some svn instructions here.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... structions

Plus, this was the wrong section to post this topic. Like it says at the top of the section page,
This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kovert

#3 Post by kovert » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:33 am

sorry i didn't knew that its the wrong section.
But anyways rom bot is installed and i have used it for a long time before i left game briefly. It worked perfectly 4 months ago but now its not working. And i have also update the file with SVN update. Something else is wrong with it.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:19 am

If you manually look in the 'micromacro/scripts/rom' folder what do you see?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kovert

#5 Post by kovert » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:14 am

there are the .lua files and some folders... and yes there is also the bot.lua file so its not really missing... but still it wont work...

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:30 pm

You sure bot.lua is in this folder "micromacro/scripts/rom/bot.lua"? I don't know what else could cause that error except the file being missing. It might be a security issue. Windows has been known to interfere with accessing files. I never experienced anything like that myself but there have been reports about problems with having the micromacro folder on the Desktop. If you have it on the desktop, try moving it.

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Right-click the bot.lua file, select "Properties". You should see the full path listed under "Location:" that looks like this: D:\sync\micromacro\scripts\rom
What does that line say for you?

You should also attach your log.txt file from the micromacro folder.

chesterfield

#8 Post by chesterfield » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 am

Administrator wrote:Right-click the bot.lua file, select "Properties". You should see the full path listed under "Location:" that looks like this: D:\sync\micromacro\scripts\rom
What does that line say for you?

You should also attach your log.txt file from the micromacro folder.

Wed Oct 23 08:30:17 2013 : Processor Type: 4X AMD or Intel x64 @2833MHz, OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Wed Oct 23 08:30:17 2013 : User privilege level: Administrator
Wed Oct 23 08:30:17 2013 : Lua glues exported
Wed Oct 23 08:30:17 2013 : MicroMacro v1.03
Wed Oct 23 08:30:17 2013 : Loaded plugin 'lxp'
Wed Oct 23 08:30:17 2013 : Keyboard layout: US English
Wed Oct 23 08:30:28 2013 : Executing script 'bot.lua'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wed Oct 23 08:30:28 2013 : cannot open scripts\rom/bot.lua: No such file or directory
Wed Oct 23 08:30:28 2013 : Execution error: Error reading file
Wed Oct 23 08:30:28 2013 : Loaded plugin 'lxp'

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:20 am

Did you right-click the rom.lua file, click 'Properties' and see what it had for 'Location'?