rombot stucks in start when checking for ingamefunctions

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Rintintin

rombot stucks in start when checking for ingamefunctions

#1 Post by Rintintin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:06 pm

I used rombot for months but from one day to another it gets stuck in in start.

Its the phase when it checks for the ingamefunctions:

Code: Select all

Testing 'ingamefunctions' macro. If it gets stuck here, please update the 'ingam
efunctions' by copying the 'ingamefunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the g
ames 'interface/addons' folder.
The game client did not crash.
I already reinstalled:
- ROM - the game itself
- micromacro (V1.03)
- svn checkout of rombot (rev 761)
- copied the latest ingamefunctions to the addon folder.

i don't know what else i could do.

rock5

Re: rombot stucks in start when checking for ingamefunctions

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:18 pm

It's not a problem with ingamefunctions because otherwise it would have got stuck before printing "The game client did not crash". It prints "The game client did not crash" when it does the error callback. Usually that's when it has an error but there is no error message. Strange. Have a look in the log.txt file in the micromacro folder. Maybe it printed an error in there.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Rintintin

#3 Post by Rintintin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:44 pm

I really did a lot of test in the past days. And now it seems to be fixed. All I had to to is change the startbot.bat

this is how it looks like NOW.

@echo off
SET folder=%~dp0
START ../../micromacro.exe "%folder%/bot.lua"

It even starts up faster.. Maybe it's worth to determine, it it should be checked if it can be submitted to SVN.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:47 am

So you are saying "FOR /F "tokens=1 delims=" %%A in ('cd') do SET folder=%%A" doesn't work for you? That's strange. Maybe it has something to do with the version of Windows you are using. What version are you using? Is there anything unusual in the bots folder name?

It doesn't matter though. Your solution is definitely a more elegant solution. I think we can change the bat files to use this new method. We can even simplify it further like this

@echo off
START ../../micromacro.exe "%~dp0/bot.lua"
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Rintintin

#5 Post by Rintintin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:09 am

rock5 wrote:

@echo off
START ../../micromacro.exe "%~dp0/bot.lua"
Hell yes. The shorter the better. :D

I'm using windows 7 64bit. But there are more strange thing going on. The Bot does not accept any key inputs when the game window has the focus. It need to click the black rombot windows when I'd like to pause or stop the bot with END/CTRL+L

in the past i was able to control three instances of Runes of magic with three seperate bots. But now rombot ceases working when Runes of magic is started more than once. All in all i assume its an issue with windows that there is something installed or running that prevents the proper function of the the bot in a strange unknown way.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 am

It sounds like an issue with micromacro. What version of micro macro are you using? Is it 1.03?

Rintintin

#7 Post by Rintintin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:32 pm

read my first post, please. It should be mentioned all in there.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Sorry about that.

The code that checks for ctrl-l being pressed and checks which window is active, is in micromacro. That's why I suspect it. Maybe you can download a fresh copy of mm and see if it works.

Rintintin

#9 Post by Rintintin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:38 am

I found that piece of software that hooked into rombot in a nasty way:

Syngergy - a software KVM-Emulation that is use to control two computers with only one/mous/keyboard. Especially the related windowsservice messes it all up.
http://synergy-foss.org/

I changed the startupmode to MANUAL and everything is, as it should be.
It's all that simple

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 am

Interesting software. I saw something like that once but it was advertised as corporate software and wasn't free. Nice to see a free one.

Rintintin

#11 Post by Rintintin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:17 am

yes you're right. But related to rombot it's a pain. I think you'll confirm, if you would install it.

chesterfield

#12 Post by chesterfield » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 pm

6:24am - The 'ingamefunctions' folder, in the games 'interface/addons' folder, i
s out of date. Current version is 5, you have 7. To update, right-click the 'int
erface/addons/ingamefunctions' folder and select 'SVN Update' or copy the 'ingam
efunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the games 'interface/addons' folder. T
hen restart the game.

i have take it.it does not function

:|
i cant english
Attachments
ingamesfunction ordner.jpg
Micromacro.jpg

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:00 am

Seeing as it is asking for version 5 I'd say your bot installation is corrupt. Right click the 'rom' folder and do an 'TortoiseSVN/Revert'.