Warriior (Lightning Burn Weapon)

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Pippy

Warriior (Lightning Burn Weapon)

#1 Post by Pippy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Can anyone write me so it self buffs lightning burn weapon when it wears off? And does anyone know how to use a macro using the bot so I can do my warrior rotation with it? Thank You!

rock5

Re: Warriior (Lightning Burn Weapon)

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:41 am

Why, doesn't it work properly? It's already set up in skills.xml database so all you should have to do is add it to your profile. If it doesn't work properly tell use what it is doing (or not doing).

I can't comment on macros because I've never used them. Maybe someone who does can comment. Or maybe you could try reproducing the sequence in your profile skills.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Pippy

#3 Post by Pippy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:25 am

rock5 wrote:Why, doesn't it work properly? It's already set up in skills.xml database so all you should have to do is add it to your profile. If it doesn't work properly tell use what it is doing (or not doing).

I can't comment on macros because I've never used them. Maybe someone who does can comment. Or maybe you could try reproducing the sequence in your profile skills.
Can you help me write it? Because I don't know how, I want it so you cast "Lightning Burn Weapon" as a buff and recast it when it wears off is that possible? If so can you help me write it? :D

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:44 am

So you have absolutely no idea how to add skills to your profile? Have a look at the default.xml profile. See how other skills and buffs are added. Just copy one of those lines and modify it for the new skill. It's not that difficult. If you still can't do it, show us what you tried and we'll see what you did wrong.

If you don't know enough of the basics of using the bot then I suggest you read some of the bot wiki. http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... le=RoM_Bot It's out of date but it will show you the basics.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Pippy

#5 Post by Pippy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:01 pm

rock5 wrote:So you have absolutely no idea how to add skills to your profile? Have a look at the default.xml profile. See how other skills and buffs are added. Just copy one of those lines and modify it for the new skill. It's not that difficult. If you still can't do it, show us what you tried and we'll see what you did wrong.

If you don't know enough of the basics of using the bot then I suggest you read some of the bot wiki. http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... le=RoM_Bot It's out of date but it will show you the basics.
I get how you add skills, but when I add the Lightning Burn Weapon it doesn't recognize it as a skill (buff) that's the problem im having because I don't know how to add a new and how to rebuff it when it hits 0sec because if you activate the Lightning Burn Weapon when theres still a time on it, it will just take it off.

Pippy

#6 Post by Pippy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:48 pm

This is what I got but its not working.
<skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_BURN_WEAPON" id="490062" type="buff" target="self" />

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Is that what you are trying in your profile? That doesn't look like the other skills in your profile, does it?

Pippy

#8 Post by Pippy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 pm

rock5 wrote:Is that what you are trying in your profile? That doesn't look like the other skills in your profile, does it?
My other skills look like this <skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNINGS_TOUCH" hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" /> but when I put <skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNING BURN WEAPON" hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" /> it doesnt work...........

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Sound like the skill isn't working properly. Normally buffs get reapplied when they disappear. You are right that the problem might be related to it turning off when cast twice. Not many skills do that. Make sure you don't use the 'rebuffcut' option on the skill in your profile.

The only thing I can think of to try is to cast it manually in one of the events, eg. onPreSkillCast or onSkillCast. But of course that means it wont be checking it all the time.

If you want to try it, try this,

Code: Select all

<onPreSkillCast>
    if not player:hasBuff(622996) then
        player:cast("WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_BURN_WEAPON")
    end
</onPreSkillCast>
Add that to you profile. To use the 'cast' skill you still need to add the skill to the profile but you might want to disable it so it wont conflict with this code. Just add autouse="false" to the profile skill.

<Skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_BURN_WEAPON" hotkey="MACRO" priority="10" autouse="false" />
Good luck.

I can't really fix it because I don't have the skill to test it.

McGuffin

#10 Post by McGuffin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Pippy wrote:
rock5 wrote:Is that what you are trying in your profile? That doesn't look like the other skills in your profile, does it?
My other skills look like this <skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNINGS_TOUCH" hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" /> but when I put <skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNING BURN WEAPON" hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" /> it doesnt work...........
Should it be WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_BURN_WEAPON with the underscores?

Pippy

#11 Post by Pippy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:29 pm

McGuffin wrote:
Pippy wrote:
Should it be WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_BURN_WEAPON with the underscores?
whoops ya i just forgot to type the underscores here, but i have it in the profile and it still doesnt work.

McGuffin

#12 Post by McGuffin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 am

Which ID is being used in your skills.xml?

Pippy

#13 Post by Pippy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:41 pm

McGuffin wrote:Which ID is being used in your skills.xml?
The point here is that I don't know how to write it with the ID ><, the ID for this buff is 490062

McGuffin

#14 Post by McGuffin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Pippy wrote:
McGuffin wrote:Which ID is being used in your skills.xml?
The point here is that I don't know how to write it with the ID ><, the ID for this buff is 490062
In skills.xml you should have a line like this...

<Skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_BURN_WEAPON" id="499990" type="buff" buffname="622996" target="self" />
or

<Skill name="WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_BURN_WEAPON" id="490062" type="buff" buffname="500162" target="self" />
I am guessing only one will work so try changing it. To verify the buffname create a macro and use this code...

/script i=1 while UnitBuff( "player", i) ~= nil do name, __, __, ID = UnitBuff( "player", i) SendSystemChat(name.." "..ID) i = i + 1 end
run the macro while Burn is active and check what the ID is in the chat window. If it is 622996 then use 499990, if it is 500162 then use 490062.

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 pm

No, Ids don't matter as long as the name is the same. hasBuff compares the names, not the ids.

McGuffin

#16 Post by McGuffin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:04 am

rock5 wrote:No, Ids don't matter as long as the name is the same. hasBuff compares the names, not the ids.
In skills.xml? I just changed the ID for Shadowstab and my Rogue stopped using it.

ETA: NVM, I see what you are saying. The buffname does not matter. I don't have a W/M so was going by what IP said. There are 4 IDs for this skill, I'm guessing 2 skill IDs and 2 Buff IDs. I was guessing that only one skill ID would work and to figure which, check the buff ID.

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 am

I mean it compares the names gotten from the ids. So if a skills id changes after a patch, as long as the name didn't change, it will still work. If you change it to any old id, of course it wont work because the name wont match.

McGuffin

#18 Post by McGuffin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:15 am

So as long as 499990 and 490062 link to the name Lightning Burn Weapon, that is what will be cast, by name and not by ID.

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:26 am

McGuffin wrote:So as long as 499990 and 490062 link to the name Lightning Burn Weapon, that is what will be cast, by name and not by ID.
Basically if you do

print(getTEXT("Sys490062_name"))
and it prints the exact name you want then you can use that ID, if it doesn't print the exact name then you can't use the ID. Occasionally when they use a new ID for a skill they also change the name slightly, something to keep in mind.

These are direct from memory.
Sys490062_name
Sys499990_name

Sys500162_name

In this case the buff also has the same exact name as the skill,
4***** is skill,
5***** is buff.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:57 am

Lisa, I've seen you use getText a few times to get the name of an id. Don't forget you can also use GetIdName. :)