experiences with the new quickturn function svn 75

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
d003232

experiences with the new quickturn function svn 75

#1 Post by d003232 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Just played around with the new quick turn fixes. I used it also while harvesting:
  • it needs time to getting used with that. At the beginning I was always thinking I'm porting and jumping around
  • it works very well with harvesting. I don't had the feeling that I missed nodes becaus of the quick turns
  • there seems to be a problem with the camera distance. If I set my camera distanc to maximum distance, everythin is ok. If I set the distance closer to my char, the camera 'jumps' after every cast to the maximum distance and after that slowly zoom in to the distance before
  • the moves look really smart. I couldn't detect any stops between the moves, while observing the bot with an other char
Up to now, I'm not sure if I don't like the old behaivor more. Meens to observe the fast turning char and not jumping allways in the back of the char.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: experiences with the new quickturn function svn 75

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:18 pm

I've noticed that tabbing goes in the direction the camera faces; so in order to target in front of you, you need to have the camera behind the player. It might be able to be smoothed out a bit so that it's not so disorienting. Also, the zoom problem can be adjusted for.

In your opinion, is it an improvement?

Zilvermoon

#3 Post by Zilvermoon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm

I like the "new" system, but haven't really had a lot of testing with it yet, so I'll get back to you on it once I have had more time to test it out.

Zilvermoon

kumpel100

#4 Post by kumpel100 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 am

i like the new movemend, i didnt notice anything negative.
the biggest problem i notice is the target system from rom self, if you didnt run straight to a mob you often miss it.
you didnt target the mob very close to you but attack an other while is straight to you, this looks very botish.
Last edited by kumpel100 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

d003232

#5 Post by d003232 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 am

Yes, after a view days I get also very used of it. The first turn at the beginning of a fight did not move the camera. I think thats also good to first have a overview, whats happens and after that the camera jumps into the back of the char. That's good.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

xxsinz

#6 Post by xxsinz » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 am

Seems to be working out nice. It does work great for harvesting, but the camera is a big problem. I will keep testing it, and post anything I come across that could be a negative.