Get Arcane Transmutor for elves

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
xrozhija

Get Arcane Transmutor for elves

#1 Post by xrozhija » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 am

Compiled this waypoint to get my elven alts to Varanas and getting the arcane transmutor.

It may be tweakable, but it does the job, and its my first waypoint with other than just a loop of an area for grinding. (and first one i publish as its a kinda one time waypoint, as its only needed once alts hit lv 10)

where it ports to Varanas with the airship, I have put in a 2 minute wait, as my laptop usually uses 1-1½ minute for a loadscreen, but this can be changed if you know you dont need that much time.
I also tried the WaitForLoadingScreen function, but couldn't get it to work, so just used the old rest function, which works just fine.

It requires Rock5's FastLogin userfunction

The waypoint starts at Blinsik in Valley of Preparation (the npc for the quest Helping them grow) and ends in Varanas at Lehman in the Class Hall, and accepts and completes the Arcane transmutor quest. (Does not port back to elven island, as i didn't need that as i needed my alts in varanas a bit first, but you can add it yourself in the waypoint file if you want.
Attachments
altAT.xml
(4.1 KiB) Downloaded 330 times

rock5

Re: Get Arcane Transmutor for elves

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am

A few suggestions;
  • 1. Why not throw in a "player:mount()" at the beginning just in case the character has a mount. It couldn't hurt.
    2. I'd add in a quick chat with the snoop to register the portal.
    3. To make it a general use script I'd make it multilingual. Just use ids instead of names. And where you need names use GetIdName(Id). So
    • 112797 instead of "Sidklaw"
      111367 instead of "Lehman"
      And the questbynames have recently been changed to accept ids as well. So
      421457 instead of "The Arcane Transmutor"
      or if you want to add support for users who are still using older bots you can use
      GetIdName(421457) instead of "The Arcane Transmutor"
    4. Why didn't waitForLoadingScreen work for you? Maybe you could use my NPCTeleporter function to simply things. http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 916#p37916
    5. One last thing. I've taken to using

Code: Select all

loadPaths(__WPL.FileName)
    • The benefit of this is if the user wants to rename the file or put it in a subfolder then it will still work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

xrozhija

#3 Post by xrozhija » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:59 pm

as said, its my very first profile that needs to do anything other than run around in a circle and kill mobs.

the mount part, i didnt think off, as its ment for lv 10 elf alts (and i personally have never bought a mount for a transmuter alt, not even a rental one)

the id's are prolly a good idea, i just didn't know how to do it (still learning)

and about snoop, when taking the zepplin from elven island to Varanas, you end up just outside the Class Hall, so it doesnt pass by snoop on its current path.

But I will keep it in mind if i decide to make another waypoint to publish (tho i dont make many waypoints atm, as i mainly just do dailies and make mana stones)

Jandrana

#4 Post by Jandrana » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:00 am

(and i personally have never bought a mount for a transmuter alt, not even a rental one)
If you do the "new player experience introduction" you get a temp mount. If I remember right, the Lvl 2 gift package contains a temp mount that last 1 or 2 days.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:11 am

xrozhija wrote:the mount part, i didnt think off, as its ment for lv 10 elf alts (and i personally have never bought a mount for a transmuter alt, not even a rental one)
Other users might, you don't know. Also, depending on how fast you level, you could still have the free mount you get between level 2-5 or if you open the bags you coul still have one of the mounts from the bags.
xrozhija wrote:and about snoop, when taking the zepplin from elven island to Varanas, you end up just outside the Class Hall, so it doesnt pass by snoop on its current path.
I'm talking about the snoop near the zepplin on Elven Island.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

xrozhija

#6 Post by xrozhija » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 am

The snoop on elven island is pre-learned for elves, you dont get a popup message by chatting with him with an elf character.

And again the mount part, since my alts didnt have mounts (took alot of days to lvl from 1-10 with dailies only due to transmutor usage) i didnt add the mount option, as i couldnt test it working without an alt with mount.

harbifm

#7 Post by harbifm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:27 am

you know what will be fantastic, if it can bookmark its inital point in elf near the quest NPC, bookmark again next to varanas mail, and fly to the desert where u can buy lrv 60 belt and mark there agian @@

any way, thanks for waypoint
keep the good work scrowing the frogester grog