Rock5's QuestLog Class

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Buster99

Re: Rock5's QuestLog Class

#41 Post by Buster99 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 am

I will just keep checking back here for an update.

Thanks much and Happy New Year. :)

rock5

#42 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 am

I just retested the 0.5 version of the userfunction. I thought it wasn't working but in fact it is (this is with 744/RC3 and patch 5.0.6). Now I think you are reporting a different issue.

If I understand correctly, with particular quests it doesn't report the quest complete when it actually is. Could you give me an example quest?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Buster99

#43 Post by Buster99 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 am

Rock, the problem was on my end. It is working fine. TY

Jandrana

#44 Post by Jandrana » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 am

I'm using a modified version of the "Veiled Encampment" script to do my dailies in Chrysalia. It happens sometimes that using the "Magic Circle Charge Rune" does not count for quest completion. I already adjusted my waypoints, but the problem is still there.

Now I'm looking for a way to determine, if using a charge rune did count to repeat that failed waypoint.

I thought the QuestLog could provide this information.

What I currently see is:
getKillCount(goal) - presumably for killing mobs
getItemCount(goal) - presumably for collecting items

But this quest does not fit into these categories. Is it possible to use QuestLog for this purpose? If so, any advice how to do it is appreciated.

rock5

#45 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:56 am

That's mainly what those functions are for but you do get quests that have "tasks" saved in the killcount or itemcount memory location so you really need to see the data to know which function to use.

To see what goals a quest has, accept the quest then start the commandline file and type the following.

Code: Select all

table.print(questlog:getQuest(nameorid))
where 'nameorid' is the name or id of the quest.

You should then see which one your goals are, kill goals or item goals.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

noobbotter

#46 Post by noobbotter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:53 am

Hey Rock,

I didn't see anything in this class but was wondering if there is already a way, or if you would be able to figure out a way, where when you manually accept a quest, the quest name could be either logged or put into a variable? I didn't see anything in the QuestLog Class that would do that.

Thanks.

rock5

#47 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 am

Manually? You would have to monitor the event that happens when you accept a quest. You could do that with the bot using the EventMonitor functions. The event to monitor is probably ADDNEW_QUESTBOOK http://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Event ... _QUESTBOOK.

noobbotter

#48 Post by noobbotter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 am

Excellent. I'll look into that and see what I can figure out. thanks.

chesterfield

#49 Post by chesterfield » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 am

Xaviera with Butterfly not in my addon-list :)
Why

Braziliano

#50 Post by Braziliano » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:22 am

hey rock is there an option '' kill quest '' (abandon quest) ??

rock5

#51 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:43 am

Yes, it's part of the bot, not this addon.

Code: Select all

CancelQuest(nameorid)

Braziliano

#52 Post by Braziliano » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 pm

ah k , thanks

rido_knight

#53 Post by rido_knight » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 am

rock5

#54 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:53 am

Updated to version 0.06 to match changes to getQuestStatus in latest revision. Also added base function to get base quest info for quests you don't have.

botje

#55 Post by botje » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:31 pm

just wanted to say it seems it doesnt see a completed quest, i do the trade relations quest in boulderwind village.

but it always complains about not ready to complete quest, while it actually does complete it O.o

rock5

#56 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:05 pm

I think I noticed something similar recently. I think it was because of a auto complete by Dailynotes. Are you using an auto complete addon? If so then it's working as intended. The bot targets the npc, it auto completes and then CompleteQuestByName sees that the quest doesn't need to complete. BTW I think this is a QuestByName question not a QuestLog Class question.

botje

#57 Post by botje » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:17 am

aaah, that could be it. ill check that.

i didnt find a thread to post in so i thought this would be good enough ^^

rock5

#58 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:09 am

If you can't find a relevant enough topic to post in, don't be afraid to start your own. :)

noobbotter

#59 Post by noobbotter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:53 am

Quick question. I've never used this so I'm wondering exactly how to use it. with quest:getItemCount(goal), if you have to do the same task multiple times, they would all be under the samegoal number? like if a quest had just one task but you have to do it 3 times, then I would use quest:getItemCount(1) and that would tell me how many times I've compelted that task? And if it resulted in a 3, (in this case) then the quest:isComplete() would be true? Is that right?

rock5

#60 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:30 am

Yes if there is only 1 task that has to be done a number of times then quest:getItemCount(1) or quest:getKillCount(1) will tell you how many you have done so far. Note: there are the 2 goal counting functions listed above. You'll have to figure out which one applies to the particular quest you are doing. It's not always the obvious one.