Multi-Botting ... how to do it...

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Azzazon

Multi-Botting ... how to do it...

#1 Post by Azzazon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Hello,

I have been on the site for a while, just only registered now again.(forgot my old password)

I am trying to 2-box with 2 accounts and 2 RoM Bot's but when I open the second one it says:

Another application of RoMBot detected ... make sure the RoM window that you want to attach this application to is on top... Or something close to that....

So I make all the settings and make sure it is on top, etc .. but it still gives me same message. I have tried all sorts of things and read here but still get same problem.

If someone can direct me to the proper link to do this or explain to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Azzazon

xxsinz

Re: Multi-Botting ... how to do it...

#2 Post by xxsinz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Well if you are trying to harvest with multi-bots that will not work, otherwise its very simple to do it.

Step 1 - Open your First Runes of Magic Client
Step 2 - Open your First Micromacro and type in rom/bot.lua and then hit enter
Step 3 - Then select your First Runes of Magic Client, Hit Delete

Now the bot should be running in the First Runes of Magic Client.

Step 4 - Open your Second Runes of Magic Client
Step 5 - Open your Second Micromacro and type in rom/bot.lua and then hit enter
Step 6 - Then select your Second Runes of Magic Client, Hit Delete

Now the bot should be running in the Second Runes of Magic Client.

You can just keep repeating those steps to do more than two bots, I have gotten it up to 8 bots running on 1 computer. Hope this helps!

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:24 pm

It's not an error, it's a notice. It is telling you to, more or less, select which window to use, then press DELETE again.

Azzazon

#4 Post by Azzazon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:37 pm

I finally gave up. No matter how I tried it , I can't 2-box with the program. I am getting some line of code that returns... Blah blah blah.. Value = null ... or something close. I did it exactly the way you said until I was frustrated. If you can think why I might get this Null error I'd appreciate it.

Azzazon

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:23 am

You will need to post a copy of your log.txt that displays this error. Without it, your guess is as good as mine.

Sbexe

#6 Post by Sbexe » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi im using 2 ROM clients 1 of them to harvest other to grind/level etc etc. The account that runs the harvest bot has to have the cursor activated on it to be able to harvest any nodes. Is there a way I can change this so that the bot still harvest w/o the cursor present on the screen (i run 2 monitors). Also if i put both ROM clients on one monitor it still requires the cursor the be active on the harvest bots account. Thanks for any help.

xxsinz

#7 Post by xxsinz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:57 pm

As of now, if you want to harvest, the RoM window has to be the active window, and you can't touch the Mouse (I would not touch the keyboard ether).

dasherkins

#8 Post by dasherkins » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 pm

xxsinz wrote:I have gotten it up to 8 bots running on 1 computer. Hope this helps!
What kind of computer do you have? Seems like it'd crater trying to run more than 2 or 3... I'm currently running max settings though and not sure how much it scales down...

xxsinz

#9 Post by xxsinz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:08 pm

I did turn down the graphic settings (it helps some, but not much). I am running 8 gigs of ram, so that is probably why I can do it with ease.