waitForLoadingScreen();

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
bobdole

waitForLoadingScreen();

#1 Post by bobdole » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:10 pm

I am having big problems with: waitForLoadingScreen(); working, it used to work well but as of late when the character exits instances they are getting stuck on the previous waypoint and perm stuck. The current code I am using is:

Code: Select all

</waypoint>
	<!-- # 46 --><waypoint x="-150" z="-2206" y="680">
			waitForLoadingScreen(2000);
                       player:update();
			__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("start"));
	</waypoint>
Any suggestions would be very helpful.

BillDoorNZ

Re: waitForLoadingScreen();

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:32 pm

do a search for: GoToPortal

and use that in combination with waitForLoadingScreen - also, dont use 2000 (thats 2000 seconds it will wait for a loading screen for - thats why youre getting 'stuck') change it to 10 to 30 - thats usually more than enough.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:10 am

And make sure the waypoint before entering the portal is far enough that it doesn't enter by mistake. Sometimes if the waypoint is too close and there is a bit of lag, you don't stop in time and end up going through the portal early.

I've been thinking of doing all-in-one functions for going through portals and porting via npc. I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll try to remember this for later.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

bobdole

#4 Post by bobdole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 am

This look right:

waitForLoadingScreen(30);
        if GoToPortal() then
	</waypoint>

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:44 am

No that's not right. First you stop outside the portal. Then you GoToPortal() then you waitForLoadingScreen(). And an 'if' statement needs an 'end'. So something like this if you want to use an 'if' statement.

if GoToPortal() then
      __WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("first point on other side of portal"));
   else
      error("Can't find portal")
   end
   </waypoint>
Although if the coordinates are correct then the portal will always be there so it's not really worth using an 'if' statement there. Might be worth it on the waitForLoadingScreen to make sure you go through but every time I've used GoToPortal() it's worked. It's very reliable.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

bobdole

#6 Post by bobdole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks, I will try that. I am having a hell of time with this code, seems I can sit and watch it and its fine but the moment I walk away it seems to get stuck and auto logout. lol

bobdole

#7 Post by bobdole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Tried that code and the very 1st attempt it went haywire:

Moving to waypoint #45, (-123, -2162)
Swimhack DEactivated.
Moving to waypoint #46, (-150, -2206)
Clearing target.
Unsticking player... at position -146,-2200. Trial 1 from maximum 10 trials
Player address changed: 0x33C14600
Ranged skill found: SCOUT_VAMPIRE_ARROWS
Unsticking player... at position -146,-2200. Trial 2 from maximum 10 trials
Unsticking player... at position -146,-2200. Trial 3 from maximum 10 trials
Unsticking player... at position -146,-2200. Trial 4 from maximum 10 trials
Unsticking player... at position -146,-2200. Trial 5 from maximum 10 trials

bobdole

#8 Post by bobdole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:45 am

Based on your comments about how to use GoToPortal() in your other thread, I am trying something different. Waypoint # 46 was actually in the portal so it would have me just waiting for the waitForLoadingScreen. I have removed that waypoint and moved all the code to the previous way point so now I am entering the portal using GoToPortal():

<!-- # 45 --><waypoint x="-123" z="-2162" y="680"> 
        flyoff();
        player:cast("ROGUE_HIDE")
        GoToPortal()
        __WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("first point on other side of portal"));
	</waypoint>
I have to ask, what is

doing in place of

its working but I just wanted to understand why.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:08 am

This sets the next waypoint as the one with tag="start". If your script just continues on the next waypoint then you don't need this line. It's probably worked both ways for you because you don't have either of those tags I'm guessing, so it continues with the next line anyway.

bobdole

#10 Post by bobdole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:29 am

I have the tag for start and its way above the waypoint I am last using so that's what confused me. So far since removing the one way point everything seems to be going well. My next question is regarding the speed hack. Is there a way to set the speed hack in a waypoint and if so whats the safest speed to use so the character doesn't rubber band?

bobdole

#11 Post by bobdole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I found your speedhack userfunction and testing it @ speed(55). Guess if all goes perfect for an hour I will up it to 56 and keep testing.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:02 pm

bobdole wrote:I found your speedhack userfunction and testing it @ speed(55). Guess if all goes perfect for an hour I will up it to 56 and keep testing.
Someone posted a list of optimal speeds for different situations. The speed they had if you are not using any speed pots etc. was 59. I've been using that for some of my alt scripts with no problem.

bobdole

#13 Post by bobdole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:41 pm

So far (knock on wood) since I removed the one waypoint and started using your GoToPortal code from a little further distance, I have not had the character go haywire once!