Bot closing game on disconnection

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Alleexx

Bot closing game on disconnection

#1 Post by Alleexx » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 am

Every time I get disconnected (happens pretty often sometimes) the bot come up with an error message and closes the whole game client instead of staying at the login screen.
I know it's the bot because it doesn't happen when I play manually.

Also is there a way to make the bot automatically log in every time it disconnects and then continue with the waypoint using fastlogin?

silinky

Re: Bot closing game on disconnection

#2 Post by silinky » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:25 am

this interests me too, because lately i go to sleep with the bot running, and wake up to see that the game clients have been closed, and the machine went idle all night.
i think i will solve this with an autohotkey script, but if it is possible combine it with the bot.

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm

The reason it does that is to kill the game client and log you out if there is issues communicating with the game so that you don't just stand there and get your character killed. That is the idea, anyways.

Alleexx

#4 Post by Alleexx » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:26 pm

But the same problem happens even if I'm just botting golden eggs. Is there a way to tun this off? Cause I can't restart the clients as often as I have to do now.

Here is the error message:
error.png

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:30 pm

that error says the game has closed, MM isn't closing the game it has closed itself for what ever reason.
You might need to work out why your game is closing.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Elbandim

#6 Post by Elbandim » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

It is not true Lisa, it is not the game itself i have the same problem - issue, the bot closes the game when i get disconnected, any idea what could we do with this??

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Elbandim wrote:issue, the bot closes the game when i get disconnected
Alleexx wrote:Every time I get disconnected
Let me try to explain that again.

scenario 1.

You lose your internet connection.
This makes the game lose connection to the server.
The game then goes back to the login screen because you have lost connection to the server.
MM detects that it can't get character information anymore and errors to stop itself from trying to do things when there is no character to do things with.

scenario 2

You lose your internet connection.
This makes the game lose connection to the server.
MM is trying to perform tasks but can't because the game has lost connection to the server.
MM exits the game because it can't make the character do anything it needs to.

2 scenarios but the cause is the same, you lose connection to the internet.....

What you are asking is for MM to automatically relog your characters after your internet connection has re-established and then continue the WP without any user input.

How can MM detect that your internet connection has re-established or not??

How would MM know which account and character you are using? There is a userfunction that would help for this but it isn't part of the default bot and we can't assume that everyone has the same userfunctions.

How would MM know which WP and which profile to use when logged back in again?

How does a hummingbird fly in one spot without needing to move forward, most things that fly need air to flow across the wings in order to get lift, not including insects as they are so small and light they get lift very easily.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Elbandim

#8 Post by Elbandim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 am

Okey thank you for your response. Then i would like to get some answer and solution for my these questions:

I want to disable the force game closing by MM when i lost the internet connection to server ( when i get to login screen )

My connection comes back like 1-2 mins sometimes 2-3 mins after disconnec ( never shorter, Invitel net curse ), fully randomly the disconnection,so my question is how could i do that to force MM to relog to the same accounts when my connection came back, and port again to Miller's farm and continue the boting from the start? ( using 4 account during night ) sometimes no disconection sometimes there is. During like 8 hours.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:16 am

Elbandim wrote:My connection comes back like 1-2 mins sometimes 2-3 mins after disconnec ( never shorter, Invitel net curse ), fully randomly the disconnection,so my question is how could i do that to force MM to relog to the same accounts when my connection came back, and port again to Miller's farm and continue the boting from the start? ( using 4 account during night ) sometimes no disconection sometimes there is. During like 8 hours.
When you can answer the questions I already posted then you can do what you want, until then it isn't going to happen.
lisa wrote:How can MM detect that your internet connection has re-established or not??

How would MM know which account and character you are using? There is a userfunction that would help for this but it isn't part of the default bot and we can't assume that everyone has the same userfunctions.

How would MM know which WP and which profile to use when logged back in again?

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:56 am

I think people have said they had success auto logging in with software like AutoIt. I have no experience with it though. You would have to learn how to use it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Elbandim

#11 Post by Elbandim » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:01 am

Yea lisa, but the problem is i don't find that kind of userfunction that detects my connection status, and the addon that auto relog for me aftet 2-3 minutes when my internet came back. i tryed the normal autologin, it worked on 1 client, ( not perfectly cuz had to chose the server ), but on the rest not. I just would like a simple explaining how could i manage these all things to work together, maybe is there some1 that would contact me in private ( if you already managed to do it with 3-4 or more clients with disconnect problems ) would be wonderful :)

Alleexx

#12 Post by Alleexx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:52 am

No lisa I'm 110% sure that it's NOT my internet connection. The server randomly disconnects me. I know that because when I have more than 1 instance of rom running (not necessarily bots) both of them don't disconnects. If it was my internet then all of them would be disconnected.
This may not happen on all servers but on mine it does as I'm not the only one having this problem.

Is it really not possible to just turn of the function that makes the bot close the client?

Elbandim

#13 Post by Elbandim » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:28 am

That would be also rly nice... it's just stupid that mm closes the client.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:08 am

Maybe you guys need to try changing the logoff options. Check out the default profile for an example of the options available.

Code: Select all

<option name="LOGOUT_TIME" 			value="0" />			<!-- in minutes, 0 = timer disabled -->
		<option name="LOGOUT_SHUTDOWN"		value="false" />
		<option name="LOGOUT_WHEN_STUCK"	value="true" />
		<option name="CLOSE_WHEN_STUCK"		value="true" />
		<option name="RES_AFTER_DEATH" 		value="true" />
		<option name="MAX_DEATHS" 			value="10" /> 			<!-- Log out after this many deaths -->
Maybe you just need to set CLOSE_WHEN_STUCK to false.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Alleexx

#15 Post by Alleexx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Sadly that didn't help :/

Elbandim

#16 Post by Elbandim » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Same here, i tryied to change it on false, tested it , and right now got disconnected / mm closed the game... any more idea??

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:58 pm

rock5 wrote:Maybe you just need to set CLOSE_WHEN_STUCK to false.
The issue is the game disconnects from the server for what ever reason, MM isn't disconnecting them, MM is erroring because the game isn't logged in anymore.

Elbandim

#18 Post by Elbandim » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:57 am

Ye Lisa we all know it, BUT still question is , isn't it possible to disable the function from MM or from dunno where, about closing the client when you get disconnected ...? the life would be more easy ... since if no MM running, and you get disconected on client, the client never vloses itself, but with MM when MM get error it does so i'm a hundred percent sure it is possible but how is the big question??

Golbez

#19 Post by Golbez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:01 am

Elbandim wrote:Ye Lisa we all know it, BUT still question is , isn't it possible to disable the function from MM or from dunno where, about closing the client when you get disconnected ...? the life would be more easy ... since if no MM running, and you get disconected on client, the client never vloses itself, but with MM when MM get error it does so i'm a hundred percent sure it is possible but how is the big question??

ive watch my bot cause the error and then it close my rom client. i had more then 3 windows of rom open too. only 1 closed cause of the error

Elbandim

#20 Post by Elbandim » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes that is why really stupid, it closes only 1, and what is with the rest then? does anybody know it finally how to take out the erroring and closing client 1 of the running ones?