wander.xml

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Romplayer

wander.xml

#1 Post by Romplayer » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Where did it go? I am going crazy looking for it. Was it removed?
i even looked on the svn page and nothing

lisa

Re: wander.xml

#2 Post by lisa » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:43 pm

I don't think there ever was an actual file called wander.xml
Pretty sure it is hard coded into bot so if path is wander then it does a function and not an actual waypoint file.

So no there is no wander.xml but if you do

Code: Select all

rom/bot path:wander
it should do the wander code.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rascal

#3 Post by rascal » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Is there a way to open up my wander radius? If i have a quest to kill 15 of "A" and 10 of "B" it nice to turn on wander and tear em up.

function CWaypointListWander:getNextWaypoint()
	local halfrad = self.Radius*5;
	local X = self.OrigX + math.random(-halfrad, halfrad);
	local Z = self.OrigZ + math.random(-halfrad, halfrad);

-- no active moving if radius=0, so player can move the character manuel to every position
	-- that means also no moving back to fught start position for melees
	if( self.Radius == 0 ) then
		X = player.X;
		Z = player.Z;
Am i way off here or heading in the right direction?

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:54 pm

you mean the profile option?

<option name="WANDER_RADIUS"		value="500" />
you can use this in a waypoint

changeProfileOption("WANDER_RADIUS", 100)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Tamyra

#5 Post by Tamyra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:22 am

Sorry about posting on an older post, but I have a question about the bot's wander radius. I notice while watching it, that it'll find a target on the path of the waypoint in front of it and go attack it and then move 2-5 points forward in the waypoint to loot it since the attack is a ranged one, but it walks backwards to the point where it gained the target instead of continuing forward from the point where it looted. Is makes it walk back to where there are no mobs, and gives it this weird back and forth walking look. Any way to fix this?

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

I'll need a bit of time to look into this, first thought though is if you change the spot where you "wander" from then you could wander off the entire map as you would keep going further and further away, which isn't the intension.

I am actually thinking with the new bounding box system thingy that was added, maybe change wander to utilise it so it will wander around killing anything in an area surrounding the start position as opposed to just going back to the start position all the time.

I never thought about doing this earlier as I didn't think anyone was still using wander.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 pm

I think Tamyra is talking about a waypoint file, not the wander file.
Tamyra wrote: then move 2-5 points forward in the waypoint
Basically when the fight is over the bot decides whether it should go back to where it started the fight and continue from there or head directly to the next waypoint or even if it should skip the next waypoint and head to the one after that. This mostly works when moving in a straight line but can sometimes get it wrong when zig-zagging. It can't really be helped.

It's strange that you say it moves forward 2-5 points, that's quite a lot. Maybe you should try spacing your points further apart. The bot deffinately will not bypass 2-5 points. I believe it will only bypass upto a maximum of only 1 waypoint. So even if it decides to go to the next waypoint, in your case, your next waypoint is behind you so it will go back anyway. I hope that makes sense.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro