crash detection?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Golbez

crash detection?

#1 Post by Golbez » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:20 am

has anyone tried to code a way to detect if the client is crashed and if so close it and the error box if does crash?

rock5

Re: crash detection?

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 am

Administrator did but I don't think it works. Ever noticed those "Did not find any crashed client" messages? That's supposed to detect crashed clients and close them. I've never seen it do it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Golbez

#3 Post by Golbez » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 am

oh. i dont really ever see that in mine. lol

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:38 pm

rock5 wrote:Administrator did but I don't think it works. Ever noticed those "Did not find any crashed client" messages? That's supposed to detect crashed clients and close them. I've never seen it do it.
It is pretty difficult to test, seeing as you need to wait until the game decided to crash. Maybe it just needs a little more delay before doing the check?

Golbez

#5 Post by Golbez » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 pm

it seems like when it crashes i just sit there. some time will pass by and i will check up on it and i will be dead from just sitting. which file would i edit/look at to try to fix this?

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Golbez wrote:it seems like when it crashes i just sit there. some time will pass by and i will check up on it and i will be dead from just sitting. which file would i edit/look at to try to fix this?
If the game crashed then you can't be just sitting there as the game has crashed.
I think what you are trying to say is that MM errored and so it stops controlling the character as the scripts have stopped.
If MM has errored then you need to work out why and the bext place to start is the actual error message displayed on MM.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Golbez

#7 Post by Golbez » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 pm

no what i ment is i get an rom error. i run a few more steps ingame, then error sets in and actually crashes the client. then everything just freezes until i close manually close the client. it also seems like everytime i crash i die too. i shouldnt be dying where i am, it acts fine when i watch it for a hour or two. i dont understand why when i look away it hates one me :(

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 am

Golbez wrote: it also seems like everytime i crash i die too
This is probably because, unless the client is closed completely, ther server thinks you are still online and mobs will attack you, even though your client has crashed. So if you don't immediately close the client the mobs will eventually kill you. That was the purpose of trying to get the bot to detect crashes and close the client.
Administrator wrote: Maybe it just needs a little more delay before doing the check?
I think I can induce crashes. What do I change to test longer delays?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

#9 Post by MiesterMan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 am

Administrator wrote:
rock5 wrote:Administrator did but I don't think it works. Ever noticed those "Did not find any crashed client" messages? That's supposed to detect crashed clients and close them. I've never seen it do it.
It is pretty difficult to test, seeing as you need to wait until the game decided to crash. Maybe it just needs a little more delay before doing the check?
I'll confirm, it don't work. :)

I'd assumed everyone knew that already and didn't want to bother you with an already sore subject.

My client crashes, and crashes, and crashes. I've given up on logging in anymore. Takes some inspiration even to do dailies now, which I don't have. But I do know that the client crashes and mm doesn't realize.

What it does is hang there until you click the cancel button on the error report then say it doesn't detect a crash.

Hope this helps!