Creating a graphic interface for waypoints viewing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
IronWolf

Creating a graphic interface for waypoints viewing

#1 Post by IronWolf » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:42 pm

hey guys,

i started thinking about waypoints, i keep trying to figure out where the waypoint is and where would my char go, i thought about it and it should be very easy getting a simple application to show the map (could be a selection) for ks for example and griding it in such way that it will show the waypoint on the map and after adding all the waypoints adding an arrow from p1 to p2 based on location in the waypoints file...

that way we could easly see each waypoint where it leads,

question is - some1 already thought about it and created it?
if not, i'll give it a try in a week or two (after i'll finish my exams), im thinking of a very very simple interface,
you give it an xml file, it reads only the waypoints and marks them, maybe in the future will be more complex...

what do you think?

rock5

Re: Creating a graphic interface for waypoints viewing

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:27 pm

I used to often think it would be good to have a graphical interface for createpath. If micromacro had gui capabilities I might have tried it back then.

I don't know if I will ever do it though.

At the moment, if I really need to visualise a waypoint, I use Excel. I can do it in a few moments with that.

Actually, Administrator is working on something for a different method of navigating. I wonder if that can be adapted to show normal waypoint files.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:28 am

rock5 wrote:I wonder if that can be adapted to show normal waypoint files.
Should be able to use a function to add the coords to a table a bit like how I do it when converting to table and saving as a .xml
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:43 am

Yeah but it would be good if it supported the waypoint format. As in, load a waypoint file, move points, insert points, click points to view/edit code and save as waypoint file.

Its a bit of a stretch but just saying.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

IronWolf

#5 Post by IronWolf » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 am

i'll sit on it next week, i would love to get the info of how waypoint cordinations work though, i understand that x and z are navigation and y is up and down right?

this is the format of a standard waypoint node:

<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="4456" z="912"> </waypoint>

so if there is no y, im guessing it doesnt change y?
can it be done the same way with x and z? like so:

<!-- # 3 --><waypoint y="4456" z="912"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="4456" y="912"> </waypoint>

?

is the order an important matter?
did i just ruin the waypoint by placing y before z?

and the most important matter, how do i (as a human) translate the cordinate x=4456 to cordinate on the map?
is it like the macro function - x=44.56 ?

and just to be sure that im correct, we got from (0,0) to (99,99) and the left upper grid dot is (0,0) and right lower is (99,99),

btw, i can expirement and learn it all myself but would prefer your response cause i could "speculate" something that seems right but is actually wrong.

tnx for the help.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 am

The waypoint files used to only have x and z values. It didn't use y values. I added them at one point to facilitate swiming and flying in 3 dimensions. They are all simply coordinates. x is west to east, z is south to north and y is down to up. Note: The z orientation is opposite to what you see in the game. In the game it's north to south.

I believe it doesn't matter what order you put the coordinates as the xml reader matches variable names with values. You can't replace z with y however and you can't leave out either the x or the z values.

As to translating, they are not values between 0 and 100. They are coordinates that traverse the whole map and vary from -thousands to +thousands. I'm not sure what the outer range is. I believe the 2 main continents share ranges so you can't tell which continent you are on by looking at the coordinates.

There is currently no reliable method of translating from ingame coordinates and rombot coordinates or vice versa.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 am

Actually what I meant was a function as part of Admin's programme that would convert WP files into the table before it shows the points on the screen. Saving in the WP format wouldn't be that hard either.

It is still very raw at the moment though so i wouldn't be expecting a polished programme to do everything we want in the near future. Time restraints will pay a big issue for that.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

M4gm4

#8 Post by M4gm4 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:22 am

you can change the MM coords to the user coords with

Code: Select all

X = math.floor(string.format( "%.1f" , x * 100 ))
Z = math.floor(string.format( "%.1f" , y * 100 ))
then u have the 0-100
I use the google translator, so do not be surprised if my english is funny

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:54 am

M4gm4 wrote:then u have the 0-100
No you don't.