G Egg Bots get snagged by hen house column

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

G Egg Bots get snagged by hen house column

#1 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Rock5/Lisa,

I don't pretend to know how to set/change waypoints but I think the Miller's Ranch MRC.xml file needs to be edited. I've experienced multiple episodes of bots getting snagged up on that hen house overhang's post out front. The bot just runs in place trying to push through it to get to the hens.

Can this be looked into, or perhaps can the post be removed?

Thanks.
:D :D Golden Eggs 4 My Pet :D :D

rock5

Re: G Egg Bots get snagged by hen house column

#2 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Strange, that never happened to me and no one has ever reported it before.

Here are the model files for most of the structures in Millers Ranch.

If you only want to get rid of the hen coop then you only need "pet_house1.ros".
Attachments
ModelsMillers.zip
(7.64 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

#3 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Rock5,

I do appreciate your reply, but what am I supposed to do with the model ("pet_house1.ros") file?

I'm afraid you assume I know more than I do. I don't really know what "*.ros" files are. I assume they are files comprised of the code that makes up the structure of the object for which they are named, but I haven't a clue how to edit them (in this case to remove the hen house support column).

Could you give more detail please?

Thank you.

cufRet8e

#4 Post by cufRet8e » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:03 pm

rock5 wrote:Strange, that never happened to me and no one has ever reported it before.

Here are the model files for most of the structures in Millers Ranch.

If you only want to get rid of the hen coop then you only need "pet_house1.ros".
rock5, you should add this to first post of your MRC_Optimized topic. This is a must have.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:45 pm

I've never had issues with posts in millers.

This does remind me of how coords can vary slightly for people though, like the harvest WP someone posted a few days ago, for me it tries to run drectly up a cliff as part of the WP but the creator doesn't have that issue as his coords are slightly different.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet wrote: I do appreciate your reply, but what am I supposed to do with the model ("pet_house1.ros") file?
Just extract the whole contents of the zip file into the "Runes of Magic" folder so it looks like this "Runes of Magic\model\element\common\prop\pet_system\".

The pet_system folder will have a number of files in it. If you only want to replace the coop then delete the other files.

Or just create that folder structure and add that one file.
cufRet8e wrote:rock5, you should add this to first post of your MRC_Optimized topic. This is a must have.
I want to see if it works first because I noticed that even with the houses missing it was still bumping into them. Of course it might help memory use a little anyway.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Yeah the obstructions arn't from the model files, it is all kept in the data files which I haven't been able to work out how to edit yet.

Removing models doesn't remove obstacles, some exceptions like doors which are moving objects anyway and not obstacles as such.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

cufRet8e

#8 Post by cufRet8e » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 pm

At least it helps with memory usage. When you running many bots its really helpful, more memory=more bots and less swapfile usage;)

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

#9 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:50 pm

I just now removed the Hen House model. There's just a smallish box with a "?" on each of it's sides in its place now.

I'll let you know if it prevents the bots from getting stuck on that support column or not.

Either way, I won't know for a while.

Thanks.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 pm

I've been testing with all models and all motions removed, memory usage gets down to around 50mb each client instead of 770mb.

Works great on WinXP but for some reason not working so good on Win7 machines seems to crash clients, still testing.

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

#11 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

Works great on WinXP but for some reason not working so good on Win7 machines seems to crash clients, still testing.
I use Win7...no crash yet for me (but I only removed one model).

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 am

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet wrote:I just now removed the Hen House model. There's just a smallish box with a "?" on each of it's sides in its place now.
I forgot about that. I have the model for that too. If you need it here it is.
Attachments
MissingBoxModel.zip
(1004 Bytes) Downloaded 135 times

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 am

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet wrote:I use Win7...no crash yet for me (but I only removed one model).
Yeah I removed the entire motion files, so everything looks like a statue just hovering around. Still can't work out why it works on WinXP and not Win7.

Exact same files and infact I created the files on the Win7 machine and copied them to the WinXp machine.

Basically I was able to make a machine which 1 client maxed out memory usage to run 2 clients + 2 MM to bot those clients and was still under 50% mem usage. I could probably squeeze 4 client+4MM in millers on this old machine using the model and motion folder I have. Where as before it couldn't handle 1 MM with client.

So with a new machine you could easily double the number of millers you have going, only good for millers though as you really can't tell what is going on as you can't see anything but ground and names.

MiesterMan

#14 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:53 am

I've never had this particular issue but I do, for some odd reason, often end up stuck in the side of the structure. It happens on both side but the more detrimental one is on the right where I'm literally stuck in the side and can't get out without logging. That models file will be a big help.

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 am

my guess would be in folder

model/element/common/prop/pet_system/

and the files I would look at are

pet_house01.ros
pet_house02.ros
pet_house03.ros
pet_house04.ros

Chances are you could just create blank models in those names, pop them in that folder and it will do what you want =)