Rock5's "Invaders from the Sea" - For Elite Skills

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: Rock5's "Invaders from the Sea" - For Elite Skills

#81 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:51 am

I think Help23 is looking at is as a repeatable quest for the XP and not so worried about the "old bag".
Makes sence in a way, it would be like unlimited daily quests, no doubt it would get nerfed as soon as it became popular though.

--=== Edit ===--

OK forget that, those quests are painful lol

1 quest you can't do if a "leader" is around and at one stage there were leaders at all of the places with adventurers. took me like 5 mins to do quest.

2nd quest was easy enough to do, just in 1 spot and spammed the skills anytime adventurers spawned

3rd wanted to me go out of the town and the chupura do a nasty DoT which would negate the benefit of XP for a low lvl

At this stage I just gave up, to much effort for the xp.

NPC are f course shared aswell so as soon as a WP is made public the place could get over populated with bots and therefore you would be lucky to get 1 quest done every 5 minutes.

Just do normal quests, much easier.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Beni

#82 Post by Beni » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:24 am

he its not stuck just walk in all directions.
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg

rock5

#83 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:41 am

Beni wrote:he its not stuck just walk in all directions.
Did you post this in the wrong topic? My answer is here.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 771#p38771
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Beni

#84 Post by Beni » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 am

yes, with 725 work inveders too. :)

Alkaiser

#85 Post by Alkaiser » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm having an issue with the "Experience Craftsman" quest. It seems like the bot is ignoring the yellow system messages that inform you which skill is needed... "measure that distance!", etc.

It was working fine the last time I ran it... a couple bot revisions and game patches ago.

Oh and something else slightly related. The swap equipment function works like this:

SwapEquipmentItem() -- first equipment set
SwapEquipmentItem(1) -- second
SwapEquipmentItem(2) -- third

I tweaked this bit in the invaders functions to do that one quest quickly/correctly.

rock5

#86 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:12 am

Alkaiser wrote:I'm having an issue with the "Experience Craftsman" quest. It seems like the bot is ignoring the yellow system messages that inform you which skill is needed... "measure that distance!", etc.
Never had that issue. It always works. The only thing I can think of is if you have any other buttons in the extraactionbar then the crafting skills will be added to the end and they wont work.
Alkaiser wrote:Oh and something else slightly related. The swap equipment function works like this:

SwapEquipmentItem() -- first equipment set
SwapEquipmentItem(1) -- second
SwapEquipmentItem(2) -- third
Yes I'm aware of that and already have it working in my version. It actually tries different combinations until it finds one that works.

I havent posted it yet because it sometimes fails at the craftsman one and ends up running round and round the same barrier and ignoring the craftsman. Not sure yet why it does that. I should do more testing to figure it out.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

CanceR

#87 Post by CanceR » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:27 am

hello,
i have a problem with starting this waypoint. i use latest rev731. it does not matter if quest is accepted or not accepted.

Update: i had 2 Old bags in my bagpack and i wont start, when i use all Old bags, it started without any error, but did not asked me for how much bags do i need to do and then to stop.
Attachments
invaders_error.jpg

rock5

#88 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:41 am

I actually have a version that asks you how many you want but I haven't uploaded it yet. Until I do, change the user option at the top of invaders.xml.
rock5 wrote:
  • BagsWanted - is the number of bags it should collect before stopping.

rock5

#89 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:10 am

Ok. I uploaded version 0.4. It asks for number of bags wanted, adds support for third equipment swap and improves Blood sample quest. I never got around to fixing the craftman quest so you will need to keep an eye on it.

romaniac

#90 Post by romaniac » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 am

I had a slight problem with the subquest that requires you to take samples from the pirates and teleport back to a container.

The samples were not counted at the container most of the time. I believe that was due to slow loading of characters, the third extra action was pressed before the container became visible.
I fixed it by adding a 2 second yrest before that action, a better way might be to check for the existence of the container.

Edit: Maybe that's the improvment you mentioned in your last post?

rock5

#91 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 am

romaniac wrote: the third extra action was pressed before the container became visible.
Actually the third action gets spammed multiple times until it runs out of time so if it's going to work it should work. Of course if it runs out of time before it arrives then it's not going to work. Usually when doing that quest I'll restart the game, zoom in all the way so it doesn't have to draw the character, put video settings to a minimum and then it works more often and eventually finishes.

Alkaiser

#92 Post by Alkaiser » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Never had that issue. It always works. The only thing I can think of is if you have any other buttons in the extraactionbar then the crafting skills will be added to the end and they wont work.
I finally figured out why the Craftsmen quest wasn't working for me... I mistakenly removed the date/time fix addon. Not having it prevents the monitoring function from working, correct?

http://www.curse.com/addons/rom/d303fix

lisa

#93 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Alkaiser wrote:Not having it prevents the monitoring function from working, correct?
Correct, need an addon to make the game have an actual function for time.

D303fix works for that =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

elmo

#94 Post by elmo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:59 am

Is the waypoint still works to others? I tried it last friday, after I got 3 bags, craftsman says, you looks tired, get some rest and return. Red message in the center of the screen.

botje

#95 Post by botje » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 am

last time i used it, it was a bit weird too, would not press the correct buttons etc, but perhaps it was memory corruption, its rom, who knows xd

rock5

#96 Post by rock5 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:19 am

I seem to remember having a bit of trouble with the craftsman quest the last time I used it but that was a while ago. Can't remember exactly what the problem was.

I never had any problems with it pressing the wrong buttons.

Note, this was never a really polished script like you are used to from me because it's not the sort of script that will be run everyday so I didn't see the need to make it perfect. It was rough when I released it and, even though it has been tweaked and improved since first released, it is still rough. So you need to monitor it while it runs and sometimes you need to restart it or help it along.

Bill D Cat

#97 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:41 pm

I just ran though 28 bags (Levels 15 to 45 for third class I just picked up) and noticed that if the Experienced Craftsman is not standing exactly at one of the four preset corners, your character can end up walking around the barricade for as long as 10 minutes before finally locating him. I adjusted the search distance in the script from 30 to 50 and now if finds him every time.

Lines 312 and 319 in the invaders_functions.lua

Code: Select all

if craftsman and 50 > distance(craftsman.X, craftsman.Z, player.X, player.Z) then

rock5

#98 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:22 am

I seem to remember it doing that the last time I used it. I think they may have changed the craftmens path a bit.

rock5

#99 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:24 am

I just tested it. 50 is WAY too much. It causes it to target the wrong craftsman. Actually even 30 is a bit too much. That may explain the occasional failure with 30. I changed it to 20 and it still works fine and shouldn't target the wrong npc.

Vengefulmilk

#100 Post by Vengefulmilk » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 am

10 bags in, working flawlessly Rock. THanks a ton man.