Treasure Hunter waypoint?

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
nerdyone255

Treasure Hunter waypoint?

#1 Post by nerdyone255 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:05 pm

has anyone put together a sucessful wp for the treasure hunter minigame?

havnt been able to find much about it on the forums...

Nero

Re: Treasure Hunter waypoint?

#2 Post by Nero » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:20 am

I've tried to do it yesterday, and didn't make all that much of a headway. It's very hard to avoid those mobs, even with generous amounts of checks whether there are any mobs in your path you usually teleport near some dog that will sniff you out, or will become stuck somewhere, or any other problem. Add to it that there are 3 possible places for every elemental candlestick, and that even when teleporting just under the ceiling doesn't help with avoiding mobs, and it seems to be SO hard that I've decided to leave it alone.

Unless there's some way to go THROUGH a wall (there isn't AFAIK) so that you could use flyhack and teleport under the chamber, I don't think it's feasible.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 am

I know in KS you could fly through walls just over closed doors so not all walls were solid above normal reach. You could even fly through the roof at certain places. I'm not familiar with this game but I guess you could explore with fly on and explore the walls just below the roof line.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Nero

#4 Post by Nero » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 am

Didn't know that. Will check it tomorrow, but I doubt it'll be possible - it looks like this

http://www.theromwiki.com/images/9/90/A ... e_Hunt.png

+ 3 small chambers that are possible start points.

Still, I'll give it a try.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Issue with this event is the mobs and the fact you can't use normal skills to kill them.
So you would need to work out a way to not go near any mobs which patrol back and forth on a set path while still clicking the rquired objects to succeed in the event.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

MinMax

#6 Post by MinMax » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:52 am

The treasure hunt is easier as it look likes. the mobs are only a problem if you are lvl 50 -60. You have too much aggro. From lvl 60 up you can pass the whole instance by bot without any attack in three or four minutes minutes.(include to open the chest)
Some month ago i made a runable beta for the treasure hunter.It was good for the 100 runs to get the four titles. I think i have a copy on my old machine in the office. I will look for it.
Attachments
treasure.PNG

nerdyone255

#7 Post by nerdyone255 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 am

looking forward to it min!

nerdyone255

#8 Post by nerdyone255 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:34 am

messed around with a wp for this mini. cant quite get it though.

min is right, aggro is WAY small at lvl 67. if you make your path follow the walls, you will be just fine.

MiesterMan

#9 Post by MiesterMan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 am

That picture will be a big help. The biggest problem with making a file for this is that you have so many different start points.

I haven't tried it but I think a waypoint file with teleport paths may work best. Does anyone know if you can teleport through walls in this map? The version of Romeo I have doesn't include precise teleport functions. Skipping the ghost walls entirely and just going to "safe spots" would be the most efficient method.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 am

I just had a look at a vid of it. It looks impossible to bot in my opinion. Especially when you have to avoid moving targets.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 am

I created a small program to collect the item coordinates. This is what I came up with.
hunter.jpg
There are no walls but you should be able to tell where they go. I collected these over 2 entries into the game. The function couldn't reach all the way over to the other side from one side.

Hm... Isn't there supposed to be 3 Elemental Candlesticks? I count 4. Is it posible they can be in different locations on different times you go in?

Btw you can't teleport through the portals. I tried, didn't work.

Nero

#12 Post by Nero » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:59 am

Portals are inconsequential, model takes care of them. You can go even to the treasure room from the beginning, but no prizes spawn unless you light up elemental candlesticks

And there are 3 elemental candlesticks every time you start, but each of them has three possible locations, determined when you enter dungeon.

Impossible to go outside of the designated room with any teleport, fly, etc.

Long story short, I don't think that trying to do this particular minigame has any point. Unless one can figure how to go through a wall, well.. don't bother. It would probably be possible, just so incredibly hard that it's better to jsut do it manually, as it takes what, 3-4 mins?

Also - what's the program that you guys use to plot waypoints and those random things? I've seen it numerous times but have no idea what's it called

silinky

#13 Post by silinky » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 am

an idea for the wise ones :)

i use fly, and no mob aggro me when i fly near walls on the top side.
so it could be done like the course of terror woth teleports and swims, and only go lower on the lightable candles.

dunno if this helps, but it cost nothhing to write it down so i did. just in case.

best wishes :)

PS: a bot for some xaviera bag quest group would be awesome for leveling a char. i am already working on one, when i progress and IF i progress to the point it will be usable, i will post it. currently the quest type is based on the buff i get when they give me the quest, since it has no individual title. kinda PITA though.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:20 am

I thought someone said flying didn't work. I thought maybe you could teleport from one safe spot to another, just checking the location of the mobs before continuing.

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Actually just tried flying. If you fly along the roof then the mobs don't attack you. And where the doorways go all the way to the roof, you can fly over the ghost portals.

Nero

#16 Post by Nero » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:44 am

Just tested it myself - it appears what I've heard is bollocks... Use swimhack, add teleport to it, and it shouldn't be that hard to do a correct waypoint - probably WAY easier than CoT or survival. One thing that might be problematic is checking distance of candlestick to a nearest mob - the best way to do it would be to run constant checks until mob is close, and teleport down to harvest it the moment that mob will start to move away from that place.

I'll probably give it a try soon, as I believe that I can do a large part of it myself

nerdyone255

#17 Post by nerdyone255 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 pm

guess this fell off the radar?

seems it would be pretty useful because of new higher shell costs.

Nero

#18 Post by Nero » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:41 am

I've made some headway, most of the script worked correctly. Sadly, half of my PC melted 2 days ago, and I've lost all changes / new waypoints I've done in about a week, as I only make back-ups from time to time. It also contained all of my work on TH.

Right now, I'm using my netbook, but it's very hard to even run RoM, and it's too weak to run MM along with it - so unless I get the new pieces (at least 5 more days) I won't be able to do anything with it.

If anyone wants to give it a try - it's easy enough for the most part. There's 6 starting points (set distance check to a fixed point to determine on which one you started), you need to bother with only one 'round' around the place with two checks for debuffs near the gates to the 'inner-camber' (if you've got both, bot should go in). I've had it using teleport + swimhack, and there's only one place that might aggro mobs when you teleport down to the candlestick that matters, and that was where distance check between candlestick<--->ghost guard returned a bigger distance than required, bot went down, and the guard came back and aggro'd (don't know how to avoid it, and it may happen twice, so no way of using snipe on both occasions).

If you get the candlestick in the inner chamber, you might also aggro something, but it's not the problem as the mobs vanish after ~10 sec of using last candlestick.

So, unless someone is willing to do it - it would take at least a week for me to do even recreate the version I had. Shame.

nerdyone255

#19 Post by nerdyone255 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 am

make any progress on the rewrite nero?

nerdyone255

#20 Post by nerdyone255 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 am

tried a few ideas, none of which panned out :(

this one is a little over my head.