Bot not targeting Mobs

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
chager03

Bot not targeting Mobs

#1 Post by chager03 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

the bot been running fine for a while, but this weekends some of my chars stopped targeting mobs and initiating fights. it will do the waypoint correctly, but ignores mobs, it will only attack back when it get aggro.

The thing that is confusing me, is that i have 2 out my 5 chars that work correctly using the same waypoints.i tried copying the profile of the working char and using with a not working 1, it didnt help. im running version 670. :shock:

Some help will be apreciated , not a pro here.

thanks

BillDoorNZ

Re: Bot not targeting Mobs

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm having the same issue. The bot thinks it is targetting the mob/npc, but (in the case of an NPC) the chat dialog is not displayed - even tho the bot believes it has.

I assume it is something to do with freezing the target pointer? To be more specific, I suspect that what is happening is that Target_NPC is locating the target, calling CPlayer:target() with the address, and then calling Attack() and I'm thinking that the player.target value is being cleared before it can be frozen - just a guess tho.

hmmm...just reread the code and I was completely wrong ;) typical!

the target_NPC code doesn't even use the Attack() method. Is just sets the target pointer and does a ROMScript("UseSkill(1,1)") - it may need to be changed to use the Attack(); call instead...not sure, but will test. Hmm, just re-tested and it was all working ok. I wonder if the bot gets mixed up somewhere and stops working or the client gets corrupted or something. Will keep an eye on it and see if I can replicate.

chager03

#3 Post by chager03 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:57 pm

I also tried it on my laptop with a fresh install of rombot, result is the same ob both machines.
only 2 chars worked perfectly and others dont want to attack mobs. i tried with version 663 and 670 same result. can it be something regarding my in game interface setting? i compared the working char with the others and everything is similar.

kanta

#4 Post by kanta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:54 pm

What level are the characters? Are they all similar level? Maybe you need to change the following 2 lines in your profile.

Code: Select all

<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_ABOVE" value="3" />
<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW" value="10" />
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

chager03

#5 Post by chager03 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:17 pm

OMG, Thanks Kanta, thats exactly what it was. I didnt know there was a value for mobs lvl below.

kanta

#6 Post by kanta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:29 pm

You're welcome. We all had to learn these things. :)
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

BillDoorNZ

#7 Post by BillDoorNZ » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:41 pm

hmm, didn't help me, mind you, I haven't been able to replicate the problem again anyway :)

I imagine that my ROM client had gotten corrupted somehow (all this dodgy memory writing lua code ;)