RoM server Patch 4.0.3. - The Mighty Shield.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
M4gm4

Re: RoM server Patch 4.0.3. - The Mighty Shield.

#21 Post by M4gm4 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:13 am

Updatet Statement in the german forum....

Geehrte Community,

mit „Patch 4.0.3 – Der mächtige Schild“ wurde von Seiten unserer Entwickler ein weiterer Schritt im Kampf gegen Botter unternommen, indem mehrere Makro-Schnittstellen dauerhaft blockiert wurden, unter anderem:

/cast
/UseAction()
I use the google translator, so do not be surprised if my english is funny

lisa

#22 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 am

I've updated my first post this topic with addresses I found already.

Heading to bed now, I'll have a look for rest tomorrow. My server isn't even online with patch yet lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

nerdyone255

#23 Post by nerdyone255 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 am

eek yea looks like a few macro commands have been removed from the game itself.

super lame.

though, i have 100% faith in rock and lisa :)

let us know if theres anything we can do to help!

Nero

#24 Post by Nero » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Hmm.. Am I the only one finding it sad, that we, botters, will probably bot again in a few days, and people playing legit will get assraped by Frog? I just fail to understand their reasoning. And to lower stats of items that already exist for quite some time now, and alot of people spend $$ on refining it..

Oh well.

Time to write DIYCE into bot somehow ^.^

Cheers

Administrator
Site Admin

#25 Post by Administrator » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Nero wrote:Hmm.. Am I the only one finding it sad, that we, botters, will probably bot again in a few days, and people playing legit will get assraped by Frog? I just fail to understand their reasoning. And to lower stats of items that already exist for quite some time now, and alot of people spend $$ on refining it..

Oh well.

Cheers
Nope. This just goes to show how ignorant Frogster is. This kind of stuff happens all the time, really. I can't tell you how many times I've seen game companies add in GameGuard or something to "stop the hackers." In reality, all it does is cause trouble for legitimate users because it isn't like the cheaters are going to actually let GameGuard do it's job. Here, this is only a very minor inconvenience (you have to hotkey your skills. That's it) for botters, but seriously limits legitimate users that actually would have to make use of all those extra hotkeys. Clearly, they have put absolutely no thought into it. They fail to recognize why their game is so full of botters to begin with, so this doesn't surprise me. Maybe eventually these companies will learn, but don't expect it any time soon.

Once it finishes updating, I can work on updating the addresses, then you guys can continue botting unhindered.

jasn

#26 Post by jasn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:42 pm

might be a bit off topic ?

Was reading the discussion board of the patch.
i think 10/10 wants froggies and runewa** balls on a silver platter, mostly due to the gear nerf.
Go ahead and have a joyfull & colorfull reading. :)

devilrance

#27 Post by devilrance » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Administrator wrote:
Nero wrote:Hmm.. Am I the only one finding it sad, that we, botters, will probably bot again in a few days, and people playing legit will get assraped by Frog? I just fail to understand their reasoning. And to lower stats of items that already exist for quite some time now, and alot of people spend $$ on refining it..

Oh well.

Cheers
Nope. This just goes to show how ignorant Frogster is. This kind of stuff happens all the time, really. I can't tell you how many times I've seen game companies add in GameGuard or something to "stop the hackers." In reality, all it does is cause trouble for legitimate users because it isn't like the cheaters are going to actually let GameGuard do it's job. Here, this is only a very minor inconvenience (you have to hotkey your skills. That's it) for botters, but seriously limits legitimate users that actually would have to make use of all those extra hotkeys. Clearly, they have put absolutely no thought into it. They fail to recognize why their game is so full of botters to begin with, so this doesn't surprise me. Maybe eventually these companies will learn, but don't expect it any time soon.

Once it finishes updating, I can work on updating the addresses, then you guys can continue botting unhindered.

Sounds very good :)
appreciate your work!

Nevex

#28 Post by Nevex » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Administrator wrote:

Oh well.

Cheers

Can't wait. MUST BOT EGGS!!! I seriously loathe farming eggs so this is my best chance at doing it so I can level my pet.

nerdyone255

#29 Post by nerdyone255 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:51 pm

will the loss of the /cast /run /castskillbyname macro commands hinder rombot in anyway?

or does it do all its skill casting from memory?

i sure hope partydps and partyheal are back up and running soon. those are two AMAZING features.

Reymauro

#30 Post by Reymauro » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I have no more respect for this game and I started botting for the same reason I spend a lot off cash at the beginning but with all their freaking crash anywhere every where even just standing I got fed up, this is not a free to play game if you don't put money in you don't get stats, unless you get tired and start botting :idea: :D :twisted:

still thanks guys for the amazing work you do.

parra

#31 Post by parra » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Oh man what can i say , I´m so tired of these guys keep fucking this game every step they make . Seems like they are hiring the most retarded people in germany to run this company. Is like if wow workers had infiltrated the company and destroy it from the inside , seriously. This has no logical explanation. Look at this forum , 30 people making a coment in this threat . We are very few botting the danger are those gold sellers hackers that go in and out of their servers easily.
Is that difficult to understand that we need those macros for pvp and combat , in a world that pvp is 3 seconds and we need faster response than our fingers . Even some addons are fucked aswell with these changes .
This is the only game where you can expand all you want , multiboxers paradise without monthly payments . Now that also gone ...
Idk about you but i think im going to promote a strike agains frogster because this has to be stopped , this actitude of doing watever they want without consulting the comunity first sucks. Some of us understands this is not just a game and we want to be respected.
From now on I declare all servers in strike , we wont use our chars (dailies are allowed) until frogster recognize their mistakes and repair what is damaged. Use wc in your respective servers to spread the word , thanks.
You study or work ? I'm bot manager.

FireWire

#32 Post by FireWire » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:34 pm

So a few question from the senior users here, so with this fix will the bot actually be able to work without those functions? And if so then wouldn't there be a way to make something through the bot that would act like the macro's? Sorry I just started using this a cpl days ago and love it, just hoping I can continue to use it :D

Have a great day,
FireWire :D

barbarossa

#33 Post by barbarossa » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:40 pm

some how i thinking about frogsters are reding her too
some comments are very interessding

well keep up your work so iam on fire to bot again

bokagavrilov

#34 Post by bokagavrilov » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:42 pm

a bit of patience guys ;) im quite sure this will work again ;) they cant stop botters with that..:) they just do it worst for the players that play it

FireWire

#35 Post by FireWire » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 pm

bokagavrilov wrote:a bit of patience guys ;) im quite sure this will work again ;) they cant stop botters with that..:) they just do it worst for the players that play it
Patience is something I never had until my son was born... LoL :D but yes from reading both forums I am realizing this.

Administrator
Site Admin

#36 Post by Administrator » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:53 pm

nerdyone255 wrote:will the loss of the /cast /run /castskillbyname macro commands hinder rombot in anyway?

or does it do all its skill casting from memory?

i sure hope partydps and partyheal are back up and running soon. those are two AMAZING features.
Not really. As long as you have hotkeys set for your skills, you'll notice no real difference. The only real "problem" is that we need to go through the assembly code and fix up the addresses, but this happens with every patch so we've gotten quite efficient at it.

So a few question from the senior users here, so with this fix will the bot actually be able to work without those functions? And if so then wouldn't there be a way to make something through the bot that would act like the macro's? Sorry I just started using this a cpl days ago and love it, just hoping I can continue to use it :D

Have a great day,
FireWire :D
Those functions aren't necessary.

some how i thinking about frogsters are reding her too
some comments are very interessding

well keep up your work so iam on fire to bot again
Good. Then they might realize that their patch backfired, it will not, in the slightest, prevent botting, and will only upset their legitimate users.

I just made a whole bunch of updates, but the memorytables.lua file will need some work I think. I'll leave that to rock5 and lisa, as they have done quite a bit of work with it recently and probably know better than I on how it works.

bokagavrilov

#37 Post by bokagavrilov » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:29 pm

btw ;) what about the GM detect function.. will it have any problems with todays changes or ?:) i think no but its always better to ask ;)

ichmagbotsyay

#38 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:35 pm

bokagavrilov wrote:btw ;) what about the GM detect function.. will it have any problems with todays changes or ?:) i think no but its always better to ask ;)
very important question^^ would like an answer to this too
also, will the bot still be able to quest? because it was already said that mapping the skills to hotkey will work because then it won't cast with the macro anymore, but things like "sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);")" might also not work anymore, right?

bokagavrilov

#39 Post by bokagavrilov » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:44 pm

i guess no ^_^ but i think i will wait for the next patch b4 deciding thigs ;) and i used mostly the bot for KS :P so hotkeys should be ok X)

botje

#40 Post by botje » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 pm

that will still work, its ONLy 2 macro commands they took out.

rest works fine me thinks.

Botje