course of terror WP

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: course of terror WP

#41 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 am

I noticed combat will mess with the checking for kery everytime.

Test it by hitting del after it opens the seal for a key, then just go near a summoning seal so the summoning box things appears. Don't kill it. Then go back to key spot and resume. It will kill the mob, then go up top. It will go to next seal and open it and probably have agro at some stage and kill more spawns. After it has opened key seal it will go up top again.

Reason I didnt have a check for sealed keys up top before doing the getkey() function was so that if there is a key still in room then it will go get it. By checking for a sealed key before doing function any unharvested keys won'y be checked.

I guess you could check both either sealed key or key before doing getkey function.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#42 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 am

lisa wrote:Reason I didnt have a check for sealed keys up top before doing the getkey() function was so that if there is a key still in room then it will go get it. By checking for a sealed key before doing function any unharvested keys won'y be checked.
But the point is there shouldn't be any unharvested keys. That's the problem. Unless the keys are getting added to an ignore list because it failed to harvest it the first time. Hm.. I never did take a look at how you did the player:target_Object command. Maybe set the third value to true so it keeps trying until it's gone.

Code: Select all

player:target_Object(113106,3000,true,true) -- harvests key
Could you try it because it seems to always work for me now?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#43 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:12 am

Yeah I never really looked into the args for target_object. So not adding to ignore list would be a good thing.

I'll test it out tomorrow =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#44 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:44 am

changing 3rd arg to true really didnt do go lol
It opened all seals and then went back looking for keys, then it then goes up top, looks for sealed keys, sees none so goes to gate.

Moving to waypoint #4, (4081, 3742)
We found Seal (Treasure Key) and will harvest it.
Engaging enemy [Clown Spirit] in combat.
Use MACRO: KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE  =>   Clown Spirit (23349/23349)
Use MACRO: KNIGHT_DISARMAMENT  =>   Clown Spirit (3735/23349)
Fight finished. Killed 1 Clown Spirit. (fight #1 / runtime 0 minutes)
We found Treasure Key and will harvest it.
When it goes from seal to seal it travels low to ground and any barrier or summoning seals get opened, not how I wanted it to run.
Need it to go from top, open 1 seal get 1 key then back up top, look for another seal/key and so on.

i am really trying to make it work your way but it just doesn't seem to be reliable =(

rock5

#45 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 am

Sounds like you changed the wrong one. Only add the third option to collecting keys, not to collecting seals. I should have mentioned that, sorry.

I haven't tried it today yet and now the servers are down. I'll have a teleport version to try by the time it is up. You never did mention if you tried the teleport hack. I'm assuming not. I'm also updating the teleport function. I'll be starting my own thread for it soon.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#46 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:09 am

Yeah I changed both 3rd args lol
Yeah I wasn't sure if the teleport would try to pot to close to the object or not, so I just never bothered trying as you get 15 mins and without teleport I always had it done with 8 mins to spare.

I'll try with just key with 3rd arg as true and leave seal kery as nil

lisa

#47 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:18 am

Ok So fresh d/l and all I altered was the 3rd arg from the key target_object and it ran smoothly

Moving to waypoint #2, (4081, 3499)
Moving to waypoint #3, (4081, 3590)
Moving to waypoint #5, (4081, 3990)
Distance checked and continuing.
Waypoint type TRAVEL, we won't stop and won't fight back
Moving to waypoint #6, (4081, 3335)
Moving to waypoint #2, (4081, 3499)
Moving to waypoint #3, (4081, 3590)

rock5

#48 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 am

That's great!

There are still some issues with aggro. For instance, this wont work.

player:target(102384)
Because player:target only accepts pawns/objects or addresses, not ids. It should be.

player:target(player:findNearestNameOrId(102384))
Anyway, here's an updated version with those few changes.
cot_rock5.xml
(4.2 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
I've finished my teleport version but I can't rest it till the servers come back online. I'll upload it once I've tested it.

lisa

#49 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:23 am

Ahh that's why the target never worked lol

Hmm after that change it didn't kill the summoning thing at all, just killed the ghosts. Also it gave me a new issue. After slapping 4 of 5 ghosts it dropped out of flight. Only way to get flight going again is to be at the start coords inside the place. Might add in an onload to check zone and then make it do fly.

rock5

#50 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Ok, so here is my teleport version. Works really well for me. It requires my updated teleport function which can be found here.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2721
And I guess it still needs your modified 'player.lua' to accept IDs in the 'friends' list. Damn, I just did a quick commit to fix the 'Table range not found' errors. I could have included that.

It completes the run in under 5 minutes (although going faster was never my target). It hardly ever triggers bad seals (except when going through the portal).

I'm still not sure if aggro management works. My low level characters I tested with died if I aggroed a clown and by the time I used by 2 main 50+ characters, the script was working so well that I didn't trigger any bad seals.
Attachments
cot_tele.xml
(5.29 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

MiesterMan

#51 Post by MiesterMan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Ok, so I'm up and running and I updated my swimhack uf and the teleport uf you gave rock. A few things to note.

My character did enter fly mode and he teleported to the key but he teleported right on top of the key so I got the message "Client Data Error, Reporting to Server".

After that he teleported to the portal, then the game crashed. I'm not sure what is different about the bot version of fly and romeo's fly but I don't crash using the program.

But nice work on the wp. If I could just get past this whole crashing when using the bot version swimhack thing I think it would be an excellent script I could use.

I'm not sure what the exact distance is but you can use the keys from above them, which doesn't get the client data error.

rock5

#52 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm not sure what causes those errors. When testing in millers ranch, just going up in clear sky caused it. There must be some sort of checks that I don't understand. It still works though.

I don't get any crashing from my swim hack. It might be a bit different, because I don't use a timer, so I'll post it.
addon_swimhack.lua
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
I could increase the height that it teleports to the keys. I originally set it to 57 which I think is the correct height but I changed it to 50 while trying to fix a problem and never changed it back.

lisa

#53 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 am

When you use RoMeo's progam for fly have a look at the speed, pretty sure it slows down your char when it goes into fly mode. The userfunctions we use just purely set fly and you stay at same speed.

If you keep crashing then I would suguest you use speed hack aswell but to slow you down not speed you up. Chances are you will be fine after that.

lisa

#54 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 am

I set it to 57 and it seems to still need to move to click seal. maybe 55?

rock5

#55 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:00 am

Yes, it's some sort of bug with teleporting. If I don't make it move then it can't click the seal, well some of the time anyway. 57 should be fine. Like I said, I tried changing it to 50 to see if it would fix that problem but it didn't. The only way was to move the character a bit before clicking. I checked teleporting with my egg script but it doesn't seem to suffer the same problem. But maybe sometimes it does happen and that is why we get the false positives when it checks for stuck hens. Still it, works ok.

So I ran my 2 characters through today. I was confident that I wouldn't have any issues but damn it I did. The first one didn't see the third seal in the 3rd room, and in the second one the doors failed to close so it wouldn't go through the portal.

The first problem I don't understand. How can it not see the seal. If I restart the script if finds it just fine. There's something I'm missing. I might have to try a "key count" check like you've suggested after all, but I'm not sure if it will work.

The second problem might just be because I wasn't close enough to the ground when I entered. If it occurs again I might have to turn off fly when exiting the room and then turn it on again when entering just to make sure the door closes.

lisa

#56 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 am

When it was on 50 I never had any issues of it not clicking, it never had to move either which is why I noticed it moving when at 57.

I do like that can you restart bot in middle of doing a run, which it can only do your way but it can be unreliable in the way it misses a key because it doesn't know how many it needs to find. There must be a trigger for this though as the gate only lets you through when you meet requirements. It might be that all keys have been collected or might be a count of your keys but either way there must be something in memory we can check to say which phase we are on. I know zone id is the same regardless so it isn't that.

rock5

#57 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 am

lisa wrote:When it was on 50 I never had any issues of it not clicking, it never had to move either which is why I noticed it moving when at 57.
Let me explain better. When I first created the teleport version, I noticed that, after teleporting to a seal, it wouldn't click it and got stuck. I tried changing the teleport height from 57 to 50, but it made no difference. When it got stuck, if I moved the smallest bit, it would then click the seal and continue. So in the end I added a tap of the forward key to unstick it so it can click the seal. That's the version I released. I could have changed the teleport height back to 57 but I didn't. Either way they should be within range of clicking. And at both heights you should see a movement. I don't know why you didn't see it at 50.
lisa wrote:I do like that can you restart bot in middle of doing a run, which it can only do your way but it can be unreliable in the way it misses a key because it doesn't know how many it needs to find. There must be a trigger for this though as the gate only lets you through when you meet requirements. It might be that all keys have been collected or might be a count of your keys but either way there must be something in memory we can check to say which phase we are on. I know zone id is the same regardless so it isn't that.
I guess, after collecting a key, we could just check to see if we have 1,3,6 or 10 keys. If we do then leave. Otherwise keep searching for the seal until it finds it.

lisa

#58 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:31 am

Originally you didnt like that idea as someone might click a chest before finishing.
I might have some time late tonight to do some testing on low lvl chars to see if I can find what makes the portal let you through. No garauntees though, I'm still learning this memory stuff lol

rock5

#59 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 am

lisa wrote:Originally you didnt like that idea as someone might click a chest before finishing.
Yeh, I know but otherwise it should work as long as you don't click a chest or go through one of the blue portal seals. I don't know if it's possible to find a memory flag that says the door will open. Good luck with that. I don't have the time. Finally got back to work on one of my bigger projects. Currently working on a general item class.

lisa

#60 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:38 am

Actually on second thought I am going to have an early night, got the flew atm =(
I might look into it next week.