course of terror WP

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: course of terror WP

#81 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 am

I've been testing this slightly tweeked version for a few days with no problems.

Changes (from you posted version):
  • - Added room number check like in version 1.3
    - Removed unnecessary "if numshells == nil"
    - Speeded things up a bit by ignoring last seal and reducing a few lengthy pauses.
    - Removed necessity of moving the character before clicking the seal. It shouldn't move now.
    - Stopped the scripped from erroring just because it can write to the log file.
    - Renamed the log file "shells.log".
Attachments
cot_tele.xml
version 1.4
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#82 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:26 am

nice work =)

replaced file on first post with that 1.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

mschmitd

#83 Post by mschmitd » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:30 pm

@rock5

The version 1.4 works perfect for me :D

I have see you have also change the High from 80 to 75

The problem with the data client error is gone :)

good Work

Mike

lisa

#84 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:31 am

Slight hickup and fix. If you die while trying to go through gate, which is pretty much only time you will die. It just sits there waiting for the distance to change. I added in a check for HP

Code: Select all

function gate()
		repeat
			player:update()
			dist = distance(player.X, player.Z, 4081, 3335)
			keyboardHold( settings.hotkeys.MOVE_FORWARD.key );
			yrest(700)
			keyboardRelease(settings.hotkeys.MOVE_FORWARD.key);
		until 100 > dist or 10 > player.HP
		printf("Distance checked and continuing.\n")
		currentshells = inventory:getItemCount(240181)
	end
--=== note the currentshells aswell ===--
So bot should now realise the character is dead as it won't be stuck in loop anymore. Reason I did this is because I use a specific profile for CoT and it has code in ondeath event.

RoMScript("BrithRevive();");
        waitForLoadingScreen()

local filename = getExecutionPath() .. "/logs/shells.log";
	local file, err = io.open(filename, "a+");
	if file then
	file:write(" Character name: " ..player.Name.. "   \tDate: " .. os.date() .. "   \tShells gained: "..currentshells - numshells..
	"\tTotal shells: "..currentshells.. "\n")
	file:close();
	end

sendMacro("}LoginNextToon=true;a={")
        sendMacro("Logout();"); 
	waitForLoadingScreen();
        loadPaths("cot_tele");

I also changed the log file, just for me so it will work with the on death event to still record number of shells.
and for log file part I did this to use currentshells

if file then
			file:write(" Character name: " ..player.Name.. "   \tDate: " .. os.date() .. "   \tShells gained: "..currentshells - numshells..
			"\tTotal shells: "..currentshells.. "\n")
			file:close();
		end
So basically even if I die I log shells and also log into next character and keep doing cot.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#85 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:50 am

I finally had a character die, took 19 characters before 1 died lol, needed to test the ondeath event =)

Player Teleported to X: 4080    Z: 3914 Y: 75
Moving to waypoint #4, (4081, 3990)
Distance checked and continuing.
Saved a screenshot to: C:/micromacro 609/scripts/rom620/profiles/XXXXX.bmp
and this in log file

Character name: XXXXX   	Date: 07/28/11 19:44:49   	Shells gained: 10	Total shells: 60

lisa

#86 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:23 am

Slight hitch in the coding.
If you get the agro bug where the game thinks you are in combat forever, happens every now and then you get this

Aggro wait time out.
Moving to waypoint #3, (4081, 3600)
Player Teleported to X: 4069    Z: 3612 Y: 70
Player Teleported to X: 3947    Z: 3741 Y: 75
Player Teleported to X: 3948    Z: 3741 Y: 57
6:10pm - [string "..."]:23: attempt to index local 'clown' (a nil value)

local clown = player:findEnemy(true)
Because there is no mob then it returns nil.

rock5

#87 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:32 am

Hm... So how can it be "Battling" if there's no clown?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#88 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 am

It's something I noticed when I was lvl 7 a loooong time ago. From time to time you get agro from a mob which is actually very very far away, it took me a couple weeks to work out what was actually going on.

So the game says you have agro from this mob, it is to far away from you to actually attack you, it is also far enough away that you can't even register it in memory, never mind see it physically and the agro stays with you until you log off, might drop if you change zones, can't remember for sure.

So end result is you are "in combat" and stay that way, also you can't see any mobs.

rock5

#89 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:13 am

So it's a strange bug in the game that rarely happens? I've never seen it happen.

So if it happens and your unlucky enough for it to happen in the middle of a cot run, then it will cause problems.

Hardly seems worth the effort to work in a solution for it.

lisa

#90 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:22 am

for my own use I just took out the combat sections of the WP. Only time a summoning barrier will be triggered is when you are going intot he gate, at that stage I would prefer to just ignore the mob and get through the gate.
Just my personal choice =)

Other way to deal with it is to just check clown ~= nil before doing the clown code.

rock5

#91 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 am

Or maybe we could check the name or id of the agro mob. If it's a clown we attack it otherwise we ignore it. Of course you will still be "Battling" but it should still be faily quick.

botnewb

#92 Post by botnewb » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:52 am

Alright guys (and girls) i'm having a problem and i was wondering if you could help me find a solution. Before the last patch and update i could run the cot_tele.xml perfect without a hitch and get my 50 shells (congrats on that script its wonderful btw) but now after the patch whether i try to run it on my desktop or laptop as soon as i get inside the double doors and it teleports for the first time i get a critical error and the game crashes. Any solutions? :!: :?:

lisa

#93 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:32 pm

http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2765
try using the fly hack with timer, some have reported the version without timer has crashed them aswell. not sure why.

rock5

#94 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 pm

It could also just be that he hasn't updated his swim hack so it's writing to the wrong addresses.

In either case, an update of the swim hack is what's needed.

botnewb

#95 Post by botnewb » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Re downloaded the updated swim hack and it works perfectly thanks guys n girls your awesome ^.^

rock5

#96 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am

Seeing as the main purpose of this script is for getting Crimson stats, I thought I'd ask this question here.

Which equipment do you buy to get which stats? Or is it random? Is there a good web site that lists them?

I'm asking because I reached the 1000 limit today so I have to start buying.

lisa

#97 Post by lisa » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:21 pm

plate = stam/*
leather = dex/*
cloth = wis/* cant remember which cloth is which.
cloth = int/*
chain = str/* maybe

Sta/mp
Sta/pa
Sta/dex
Sta/def

Dex/pa
Dex/hp

rock5

#98 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Each merchant has 2 sets of gear. Did you notice any difference in which you buy? I read somewhere that a guy thought the ones without the crits had better odds of getting good stats. I think he was aiming for a particular second stat.

lisa

#99 Post by lisa » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:07 pm

no idea, i'd say its just random myself

rock5

#100 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:22 am

Damn! I forgot and ran cot today before buying some. Oh well, I'll make sure I buy some now.