course of terror WP

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: course of terror WP

#61 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:53 am

lisa wrote:Actually on second thought I am going to have an early night, got the flew atm =(
I might look into it next week.
Keep yourself warm.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

#62 Post by MiesterMan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 am

lisa wrote:Actually on second thought I am going to have an early night, got the flew atm =(
I might look into it next week.
Make sure to take care of yourself.
Hope you feel better soon. :(

lisa

#63 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Added in a simple print before going to sleep.

Code: Select all

Total Shells now: 60
Shells gained: 50
Go to sleep at 07/22/11 10:13:48. Press Delete to wake up.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#64 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 pm

lisa wrote:Added in a simple print before going to sleep.
Is that so you know for sure you gained the full 50? And the total, is that so you know when to go buy a crimson stat?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#65 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:54 pm

mainly so I know I deff got the 50 and because knowing me I will make it save the details to a file So I know when to log chars to buy items for stats and who to send puri stones to.
I'll have around 23 lvl 50 + chars in the next couple of days
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#66 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:06 am

I found a pointer to the room number. player.Address + 0x1C8. I'll work it into the script.

rock5

#67 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:16 am

Try this one. Worked first time. :)
cot_tele.xml
Version 1.2
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Changes:
  • Gets room rumber from memory and doesn't try to leave the room until you have the correct number of keys.
  • Now walks into the room.
  • The waypoint just inside the door is a little more inside the room.

lisa

#68 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:23 am

worked flawlessly first try for me, I'll use it on rest of my chars and see how we go and post again later.

rock5

#69 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:40 am

I just remembered. I was going to use the room check to tell when it's finished too.
Attachments
cot_tele.xml
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

MinMax

#70 Post by MinMax » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:35 am

Famous work rock5. It was a pleasure to see it work.

But there is also a strange point:

At the beginning of every room, when the fly starts, there´s a ingame message : " Client error, message to server " ( or so, i playing on german server )
I get the message three or four times after "We are going to waypoint #4, (4081,3990)"

rock5

#71 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:11 am

This has been brought up before, I don't know what causes it.

lisa

#72 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:27 am

It is to do with the client on your PC not following the rules that the server believes it should. You get it when in siege sometimes, if there is quite a lot of players in the siege with high lvl gear and you have a lot of faces and flame towers in the area.

Basically it is saying that the client(you) and the server don't match up. server says you should be 4 steps backwards but it is within the threshold set by the makers and so you can continue. If you go to far you just get sent backwards by the server.

I don't believe this to be an issue unless you get crashes, if you get crashes then use the flying WP without the teleport and you might need to use speed hack to slow your character down a little.

botnewb

#73 Post by botnewb » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Alright this is probably a dumb question but i'm new to the botting thing... :| but with the swimhack.lua file where do you place that i'd assume since it says addon you'd put it in your C:Programfiles/Runesofmagic/interface/addons folder but i'm not positive where that goes so a little help would be appreaciated for this newb :geek:

nokirk

#74 Post by nokirk » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:12 pm

botnewb wrote:Alright this is probably a dumb question but i'm new to the botting thing... :| but with the swimhack.lua file where do you place that i'd assume since it says addon you'd put it in your C:Programfiles/Runesofmagic/interface/addons folder but i'm not positive where that goes so a little help would be appreaciated for this newb :geek:
It goes into rom\userfunctions folder. Same with userfunction_teleport.lua

rock5

#75 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:57 pm

botnewb wrote:i'd assume since it says addon you'd put it in your C:Programfiles/Runesofmagic/interface/addons folder
That confusion is why we changed the prefix to "userfunction_" but some older userfunctions still use the "addon_" prefix. New userfunctions should use "userfunctions_" prefix but the "addon_" prefix will atill work for backward compatability.

botnewb

#76 Post by botnewb » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Alright thanks i think what you all are doing is awesome keep it up it saves me so much time in my hectic life!! :mrgreen:

nokirk

#77 Post by nokirk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 pm

I also had those "Client Data Errors" which didn't bother me much until it startet crashing my client, so I changed Rock's WP-File slightly, a height of 75 worked better for me.

teleport(nil,nil,75) 			-- go up to height if 80
				yrest(2000);
				teleport(seal.X, seal.Z, 75)	-- teleport to above seal
				yrest(2000);
				teleport(seal.X, seal.Z, 55)	-- teleport in range to click seal
				yrest(1000);
				player:faceDirection(0)			-- Face right when moving to reduce triggering bad seals
				yrest(200);
in function getallkeys(). I think it's actually not the speed but there seems to be a height-check at the start of the room and if you get over that certain height Client Error is triggered. Strangely later on when exiting, a height of 80 is ok so it must be like only at the first half of the room or something like that.

I also tried to make him leave the room when he's got all keys by not only going straight (which also means downwards, which usually means triggering the last seal) but also upwards but that kind of didn't work

function gate()
		repeat
			player:update()
			dist = distance(player.X, player.Z, 4081, 3335)
			keyboardHold( settings.hotkeys.MOVE_FORWARD.key );
			keyboardHold( settings.hotkeys.JUMP.key );
			yrest(700)
			keyboardRelease(settings.hotkeys.MOVE_FORWARD.key);
		until 100 > dist
		printf("Distance checked and continuing.\n")
	end
(added the

keyboardHold( settings.hotkeys.JUMP.key );
) . Any idea why this doesn't work? Bot just keeps going straight and downwards but not up.

lisa

#78 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:29 pm

jump has no affect when your swimming, so doing jump will actually do nothing.
In order to go up you would need to change the characters view to the direction you want and then use forward.

I am adding the tele WP to the first post, it seems very reliable for me, been doing 20 chars a day for last 3 days and not one issue.

Confirmed changing to 75 got rid of the client errors, there must be a roof limit in parts of the room somewhere between 75 and 80.

rock5

#79 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:28 pm

lisa wrote:I am adding the tele WP to the first post, it seems very reliable for me, been doing 20 chars a day for last 3 days and not one issue.
Cool. Thanks. I still have a few tweeks I want to make.

I noticed you still have instructions about player.lua. It's obsolete. It's been added to the bot already in 616 .

rock5

#80 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Had a look at your file. A few observations.
  • 1. You based it off my 1.2 version not my 1.3 version.

2. You don't need

if numshells == nil then
    		numshells = 0
    	end
    as getItemCount will always return a value, be it a positive number or zero.

3. Do you really want to make it error just because it couldn't find the file? Do you really want to force people to add the log folder even if they are not interested in log data? Maybe instead of,

if( not file ) then
    			error(err, 0);
    		end
    		file:write(" Character name: " ..player.Name.. ". \tDate: " .. os.date() .. ". \tShells gained: "..inventory:getItemCount(240181) - numshells.. 
    		". \tTotal shells: "..inventory:getItemCount(240181).. ".\n")
    		file:close();
    we could use

if file then
    			file:write(" Character name: " ..player.Name.. ". \tDate: " .. os.date() .. ". \tShells gained: "..inventory:getItemCount(240181) - numshells.. 
    			". \tTotal shells: "..inventory:getItemCount(240181).. ".\n")
    			file:close();
    		end
    I realise it doesn't matter that much because, if they update the bot, they will have the folder but I don't see the need for it to error. It's not as if it can't continue if it doesn't have that folder.

4. The file is not really an xml file, or an lua for that matter. What it is is a log file. So why not call it "shells.log"?
I'll add these changes to my up coming version if you don't object and upload it soon.