course of terror WP

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: course of terror WP

#121 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:58 am

I'm looking to add an option to use a cannon to blow away the seal near the portal if it's a Void Summoning Barrier because sometimes my low level characters die there.

I've got it all working except I can't seem to target the seal after priming the cannon. player:target and UseSkill(1,1) doesn't work. Only a mouse click will work.

Any suggestions? Lisa didn't you have similar issues with house planting? Do you have any suggestions?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#122 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 am

with the house planting I had to move the camera view in the right direction and then did a scan with the mouse to find the object. This requires the game being focus, so can't be done in background mode.

I have had low geared chars dieing too, I was planning on just playing with the coords to get a good spot, I figure if can teleport into the blue section instead of above the seal and then just do a small movement into blue portal to make sure it goes through.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#123 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:54 am

I thought I'd found good coords and most of the time it doesn't trigger the seal but occationally it still does. That's why I thought I'd try this. But I think you are right, we still need to play with the numbers a bit more. I think the problem is when it moves all the way to the floor. I think if we could stop it from going all the way to the bottom it might not trigger the seal. I never tried teleporting there. I just assumed you had to move into the portal.

That's given me a few things to think about. I'll play with it a bit more tomorrow.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#124 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:55 am

I think I got it working good now. Teleporting into the portal and moving a bit, works. It actually teleports really fast so it shaves a few seconds off the total time. I also merged all the first room waypoints so if you restart in there it can make a descision what to do. I also added a check for the timer frame instead of a 25 second time. Some strange things happen if you restart the script after talking to Malatina but before the timer appears but it still works fine.

Before I post, there is something I wanted to ask. There has always been 2 things that bothered me about the script.

The first is the player:sleep() at the end. It doesn't really serve any purpose. If you change character the script crashes so you can't continue it with the next character anyway. It annoys me because quite often I forget to close it when I go to do something with the character and as soon as I go to fight something it wakes up and starts running off and I have to scramble to stop the script. I'd like to just stop the script.

The second is leaving the instance. You would only need to leave if you are going to do something such as buy crimson stats or post something but most of the time it will leave and you will load the next character. You don't have to leave to load the next character and it would save memory. So I'd rather it didn't leave. If someone wants to run a script to buy stats or mail items they could start it in cot.

What do you think?

lisa

#125 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Yeah I changed the one I use a long time ago, it doesn't leave the cot instance. It logs next character when it's finished looting chests. I also made a log which logs number of shells before it starts to open the chests and also an ondeath in profile that logs shells.

I also changed mine file to not try and fight back.

suppose I can just upload them so you can see for yourself what I use.

Only time I have crashes is as it first enters the room with seals. Not sure if it is because there are so many objects and it just get overloaded from the details, I added a yrest to hopefully help but I don't think it has any affect.
Attachments
cot_tele.xml
WP
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
cot.xml
(12.7 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

kanta

#126 Post by kanta » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Ummm... I made a model patch for CoT. It removes all the tiles (well, drops them below the floor) except the summoning gates and keys. Would it help you guys if I posted it?
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

#127 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:57 pm

i think the objects would still all be there its just that you wouldnt see the actual seals, so can't see it making that big a difference. Nice idea though =)

rock5

#128 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:19 am

lisa wrote: I also made a log which logs number of shells before it starts to open the chests
The curremt version does it after opening the chects. Does it make a difference?
lisa wrote: and also an ondeath in profile that logs shells.
Well hopefully if we do away with deaths then that wont be necessary.
lisa wrote:I also changed mine file to not try and fight back.
I've never had it fight back anyway. It never triggers bad seals when collecting keys and when it triggers a summoning seal as it goes through the portal, it's in the middle of some code so doesn't fight back.
lisa wrote:Only time I have crashes is as it first enters the room with seals. Not sure if it is because there are so many objects and it just get overloaded from the details, I added a yrest to hopefully help but I don't think it has any affect.
I thought it was from flying into the room which is why I have it walk in. I certainly haven't had any crashes while entering the room since I changed it. Ah!. I see you commented out the "flyoff()" so you are flying into the room. That's why it's crashing.

Looking at your file, maybe we could add a user option to relog. If it's enabled it relogs else it just ends the file.

Is see the player level check. I was thinking we could do something like this

Code: Select all

if 50 > player.Class1 and (player.Class2 >= 50 or player.Class3 >= 50) then
    -- Wait for user to change class
    player.sleep()
end
That way you wont accidentally do cot with the wrong class but can still run it with lower level characters.

lisa

#129 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:47 am

rock5 wrote:Ah!. I see you commented out the "flyoff()" so you are flying into the room. That's why it's crashing.
Actually I've only ever crashed while entering that room in phase 1 regardless of if flying or not. With that current WP I get 1 crash out of 30 odd runs.

rock5

#130 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:03 am

Maybe we could have it walk in only the first time? But it doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure it runs about as fast as it flies.

Some more changes I'm doing:
- I'm going to check the zone and talk to the out side Malatina like I do in my egg script. That works really well so should work well here too.
- Added the "Load_Next_Character" user option
- I noticed that my characters with 4 or less character names were not lined up in the log file with the other characters so I added a bit of formating. Now, all names up to 12 characters will be lined up.

I'm thinking of adding a class level check to the logging code. There's no need to log zeros for low level characters.

if player.Class1 >= 50 or player.Class2 >= 50 or player.Class3 >= 50 then
   -- log data
end
What do you think of that?

Edit: I meant player.Level of course.

lisa

#131 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:18 am

Sounds good

rock5

#132 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:35 am

How about this for an idea. Instead of just a relog option have

What_To_Do_When_Finished = "end" -- "end" to end script, "relog" to log next character and "waypointfilename" to load that waypointfile.
That way users could create their own merchant and mailing waypoint file.

For example you could create a waypoint file that checks the number of Phirius Shells. If it's less than 200 then it relogs and reloads cot_tele. Otherwise it exits cot and goes to the merchant to buy, then relogs and reloads cot_tele. People could even share their creations if they like.

kanta

#133 Post by kanta » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:18 pm

lisa wrote:i think the objects would still all be there its just that you wouldnt see the actual seals, so can't see it making that big a difference. Nice idea though =)
Actually, it drops all but the summoning gates and key tiles below the floor and you can walk around just fine. No need to mess around with the other tile types. I've been using it for a couple weeks now with no problem.

lisa

#134 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:47 pm

So you can actually physically walk where the seals would normally be?
I didn't think that would be possible.

rock5

#135 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm

kanta wrote:Actually, it drops all but the summoning gates and key tiles below the floor and you can walk around just fine. No need to mess around with the other tile types. I've been using it for a couple weeks now with no problem.
How do you deal with summoning seals that are in your way? Wouldn't you need the cannons?

kanta

#136 Post by kanta » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Yes, it's definitely possible. The gates that summon the mobs. I only left the pink tiles because some characters can't just run around with the mobs hitting them while gathering the keys. I'm attaching the file so you can check it out. Works the same as nospelleffects. Just put the files in the model folder. Also putting my edit of the portals from Ancient Treasures in there. You don't need to worry about the blue portals with it.
Attachments
model.zip
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

botje

#137 Post by botje » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:09 am

errr... this is proberly a stupid question... but i dont see a models folder to put this :oops:

Botje

rock5

#138 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:38 am

Just as anything to replace files in the "interface.fdb" goes into the "Runes of Magic/interface" folder, so does anything to replace files in the "model.fdb" goes into the "Runes of Magic/model" folder.

So try just extracting the "model" folder in the archive into the "Runes of Magic" folder.

botje

#139 Post by botje » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:28 am

aaah ok, thanx mate :)

Botje

lisa

#140 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 am

rock5 wrote:How about this for an idea. Instead of just a relog option have

What_To_Do_When_Finished = "end" -- "end" to end script, "relog" to log next character and "waypointfilename" to load that waypointfile.
That way users could create their own merchant and mailing waypoint file.
Sounds like a good idea to me =)
You know how much I love options lol