Attack speed

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kanta

Attack speed

#1 Post by kanta » Sun May 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Is there any way to increase the attack speed with the bot? When farming Life Leecher manually using DIYCE and ACSMacroAssistant I kill LL easily. When attempting to use the bot to farm, it just can't seem to kill it quickly enough.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

Re: Attack speed

#2 Post by lisa » Sun May 29, 2011 10:02 pm

I think the key is which skills the bot uses, it doesn't have any pauses or gaps between skills but the order in which skills are used greatly affects how effective the dps is.

For bosses I would actually be looking at creating very specific skill rotations, the fights last much longer then normal mob fights and you also want to maximize your dps on a boss.

For example
Make sure you have buffs you can before pull, make sure you have housemaid food, usually 1 min duration so not something you use constantly. If rogue then use premeditation before the pull and don't use a low damage opening skill. Burn all long cooldowns and make sure they arn't used on trash.

The skill rotation plays a big part in how much dps you do.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kanta

#3 Post by kanta » Mon May 30, 2011 8:00 am

So you are saying I should have 2 profiles? I don't know of any other way as I have not seen any references to changing the skill rotation within the waypoint file.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Mon May 30, 2011 9:32 am

I'm actually thinking more along the lines of a userfunction. You can do a lot of checks before starting the boss fight to make sure the skills you really want are not on cooldown or use skills not even in profile so you know for sure they wouldn't be on cooldown. Then set up a skill rotation for boss fights.

The checking for buffs would be only needed if you think there is a chance you will die on the boss fight. If you are OP enough and you just want faster runs then it would just be a matter of getting an efficient skill rotation, which is exactly what those addons do for you if I understand them correctly.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kanta

#5 Post by kanta » Mon May 30, 2011 3:40 pm

I definitely need to buff up first but I've got that covered with a userfunction I made previously. As far as a skill rotation userfunction, would I make a "while (true) do" type of loop or something else?

then do something like this in the waypoint file?

Code: Select all

local startwait = os.clock()
   while ( 120 > (os.clock() - startwait) ) do
      player:findTarget("Life Leecher");
      local target = player:getTarget();
      if(target.Name == "Life Leecher") then
         BossBuff(); <!-- My buff skills user function -->
         BossRotation();  <!-- future boss skill rotation -->
               yrest(300);
        break;
      end;

Giram

#6 Post by Giram » Mon May 30, 2011 4:18 pm

I did this for w/r:

Code: Select all

player:update() target = player:getTarget();
	-- cast probing attack if enemy don't have weakean or vulnerable debuff
	if arg1.Name == "WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK" and target:hasDebuff("Vulnerable") or target:hasDebuff("Weakened") then
		return false;
	else
		return true;
	end;

-- cast Open flank if enemy don't have vulnerable debuff but has weaken debuff
	if arg1.Name == "WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK" and target:hasDebuff("Vulnerable") and not target:hasDebuff("Weakened") then
		return false;
	else
		return true;
	end;

-- cast splitting chop if enemy got Vulnerable debuff
	if arg1.Name == "WARRIOR_SPLITTING_CHOP" and not target:hasDebuff("Vulnerable") or target:hasDebuff("Weaken") then
		return false;
	else
		return true;
	end;
Ugly code but gets the job done. This is for Probing Attack -> Open Flank -> Splitting Chop combo and its working as it should. If i don't have required debuffs it will do something else. Eventually when i get enough rage it does that last attack that i wan't. Many times it used to skip that cause it spammed previous skills and when it was time for Splitting Chop i got wrong debuff or not enough rage. this i got on profile in onSkillCast section. This is just to give you idea how you could do your version of skill rotation. In this case return false will cause bot to skip that skill and goes for next one.

kanta

#7 Post by kanta » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for your input, I'll see what I can do with yours as a model.