GM detection and banning chance reduction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: GM detection and banning chance reduction

#61 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 am

Trouble is that notepad++ has created these "ghost" files and in the files are functions. Even after uninstalling notepad++ the "ghost" files still remain. I can't see or find them but they still affect everything.

As an example I have a ghost file of the event monitor, so I can't change event monitor or update it in anyway now. Same goes with chatmonitor addon and a few others here and there.

So I literally can't test any event monitoring functions because it is using code from ages ago and therefore doesn't work properly.

My only solution to the problem at this stage is to basically rewrite all functions in any files I believe have been affected by this because I can't find any documentation in english for the issue from the notepad++ creators.

It seems to be a feature of notepad++ but I can't turn it off or empty it's database, as I said even uninstalling notepad++ hasn't fixed the issue.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

botje

#62 Post by botje » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 am

stuff like that is mostly stored in %appdata% directory on windows.

perhaps notepad++ does the same?

Botje

lisa

#63 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 am

Yeah I deleted everything in that folder yesterday, still no good lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

botje

#64 Post by botje » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 am

awww bummer >.<

well, perhaps you could take a look at Scite?

works good too :)

Botje

lisa

#65 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 am

lol finally found the issue, not sure how it happened or what caused it.

When I was clicked on the folder with the "ghost" files a new button appeared on the windows thing called compatability, I am guessing the files were being run in compatability mode, like windows xp or something. Anyway I clicked the button and the files appeared. Just like that, there they were. Delete and bamm it al works again.

Have I mentioned how much I hate windows 7 today?
I should be able to get everything that needs fixing done tomorrow night.

rock5

#66 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 am

botje wrote:if you cant fix those isseus, you could always try scite, another good editor.

Botje
That's what I use. I use the one that comes with "lua for windows" I think it's called.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#67 Post by botje » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 am

yeah, i use it for multiple things :)

Botje

lisa

#68 Post by lisa » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:47 am

K V1.6 as promised. Whisper issue should be fixed now.
I tested and it worked fine for me.
I have it set for 60 second intervals for whispers. So if you got whispered and go into "pause" mode, it will still only go into pause again after that pause finishes if the last whisper was in the last 60 seconds.

Ajoir

#69 Post by Ajoir » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 am

thank you very much for being so fast. ^^

aspart

#70 Post by aspart » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Lisa you're the best, this program I believe has saved my farming rogue from getting banned lol I know it has.

ichmagbotsyay

#71 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi,
I've downloaded this "addon" and it doesn't really work for me -.-
I set the testname to my mainchars name and moved close to the bot... and it logged out and output the message "Logging out because GM detected.", so that part works fine.
But when I logged him back in and then whispered the bot with my main char, nothing happened... even after a couple whispers :(. When I moved close to him again, he logged out.
Something is wrong with the whisper detection. Btw, it logged the whispers from my mainchar to "GMdetectwhispers.xml" in the logs folder, but also logged the whispers from the little-helper-fairy-thing low levels get :D, so it pretty much logs every whisper. No player info came up on my generals tab, no message about my bot getting whispered was printed to the MM window and there were no details about the char in the log file.

Here's my options (but I've also tried it with a wait of 0 and 1, and also tried with setting the recall option to false):
<!-- GM detection options -->
<option name="GMDETECT" value="true" />
<option name="GMnearbylogout" value="true" />
<option name="PAUSEONGM" value="300" />
<option name="RECALL" value="true" />

What am I doing wrong? :P

lisa

#72 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm

ichmagbotsyay wrote:I've downloaded this "addon"
It's a userfunction =)

What you are describing is how it used to react in V1.5, have you got V1.6 ?
it will say what the version is at the top of the file.

Dsanchez

#73 Post by Dsanchez » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:20 am

i can't get the wave file to load. i extracted it in the userfunctions folder but it says it can't find it.

ichmagbotsyay

#74 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:35 am

lisa wrote:
ichmagbotsyay wrote:I've downloaded this "addon"
It's a userfunction =)

What you are describing is how it used to react in V1.5, have you got V1.6 ?
it will say what the version is at the top of the file.
yup^^ it says 1.6 at the top :D and the still this "error" comes up

edit: after restarting my computer and then trying it out again something else happens: the MM window outputs "You have been whispered by: *mycharname*" and shortly after that (sorry, my game is in german^^): "Drücke MACRO: RoMScript ausführen "AskPlayerInfo('*mycharname*');". Ingame I get the player info of my mainchar (classes, guild, level and zone), but it doesn't do anything else. I've set *mycharname* to be the testchar that should be treated as a GM, but it doesn't whisper back to him or logs out or anything. It doesn't even pause -.-

lisa

#75 Post by lisa » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:54 pm

maybe there is a language issue, or atleast a character issue ?

what is recorded in the log file? can you post, just change the character name and guild to something else before posting.

ichmagbotsyay

#76 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm

in the log file under micromacro/scripts/rom/log/GMdetectwhisper.xml it says the following:
"Time: 08/10/11 15:12:31 Char name: *mycharname* Message: Hallo"
and nothing else.

in the MM window it says that i've been whispered by *mycharname*, but nothing else

and in the RoM window it gives back the character info like it would if i shift-clicked somebody (level of both classen, guild, zone)

lisa

#77 Post by lisa » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 pm

If it is checking the details of the "player" and it isn't recording the information into the log file then the charname you added doesn't match exactly with what it is getting back using the player info function.

You need to compare what is being printed in game, the bit with name/guild/class/lvl and so on, compare that name with what you added to the file as charname.

I have a feeling it might be a language/client issue.

ichmagbotsyay

#78 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:43 am

hm well i am using the german client...
but the charname thats being checked matches up with the one i edited into the .lua file and with the one being given back in the MM window

the next time a real GM is on, im just gonna whisper him and see what happens when he whispers back lol maybe it will work then and its just an issue with the testcharname^^

ezgitaran

#79 Post by ezgitaran » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 am

Today I installed this, and after ~14 hours of KS farm I got this message at the end of a run

Code: Select all

Use MACRO: Executing RoMScript "LeaveParty();".
Had a detection but the characters dont match up, probably a bug, ignoring it.
GM detected! Name: Sagewood, Class IDs: 0/0
1:8pm - ...scripts/rom/userfunctions/userfunction_gmmonitor.lua:80: Logging out because GM detected.

It said ignoring but didn't ignored it. A bug inside bug avoiding section? :P

lisa

#80 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:28 pm

ezgitaran wrote:Had a detection but the characters dont match up, probably a bug, ignoring it.
That part of the code is because it has detected a name but the characters in name don't match up to the characters in the table inside the function.
ezgitaran wrote:GM detected! Name: Sagewood, Class IDs: 0/0
Now it is saying the name is "Sagewood" so this is a seperate instance to the first message, the 2 occurances may be 1 after the other.

I notice it happened just after you left party, I am guessing this is to port you out of the instance. Is it possible there was a GM at the res point?

It is also possible it did the GM detection before all of the data was loaded after leaving instance, not sure if there is much I can do about that.
I would say happening once in 14 hours would be within usable paramaters, if it was once an hour then there is a deff issue.

Has it happened since?