Rev 577 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

Re: Rev 577 Changelog

#21 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 am

lisa wrote: The getting stuck at waypoint when angle to next waypoint is at that funny spot still gets stuck.
Are you talking about getting stuck only at a particular spot?

Is it possible that that is not the same as the problem others are having, of randomly getting stuck at various places and jerking left and right a few times? Does yours jerk left and right a few times?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Giram

#22 Post by Giram » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:42 am

Could there be problem with older waypoints cause bot now check z axis also and those got x and y only?

lisa

#23 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:56 am

Yeah it's the same issue, I've been testing it extensively. Always happens when it has to turn a certain degree to point at the next waypoint. I can create the unstuck 6/10 times. I'll make up a WP at human start that just moves round and try to get angles just right to make the unstuck and then I'll post it.

It's all to do with the angle difference from where it is pointing to where it wants to point to.

Pretty sure it is to do with this code in player.lua

Code: Select all

correctingAngle = true;
				if( angleDifference(angle, self.Direction + 0.01) < angleDif ) then
					-- rotate left
					keyboardRelease( settings.hotkeys.ROTATE_RIGHT.key );
					keyboardHold( settings.hotkeys.ROTATE_LEFT.key );
				else
					-- rotate right
					keyboardRelease( settings.hotkeys.ROTATE_LEFT.key );
					keyboardHold( settings.hotkeys.ROTATE_RIGHT.key );
				end
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

sdude13

#24 Post by sdude13 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:02 am

Since latest two updates (now 578) I get:

OPENING LOCAL SKILLS DB!
RoM windows size is 1152x720, upper left corner at 328,269
An edit box in game has focus. Please close it before restarting the bot.

Please enter the script name to run.
Type in 'exit' (without quotes) to exit.
Script>

going back to an old version works nice...

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 am

Giram wrote:Could there be problem with older waypoints cause bot now check z axis also and those got x and y only?
No because I'm pretty sure the sticking problem has been happening since before I introduced the 'y' axis data.

lisa wrote:Yeah it's the same issue, I've been testing it extensively. Always happens when it has to turn a certain degree to point at the next waypoint. I can create the unstuck 6/10 times. I'll make up a WP at human start that just moves round and try to get angles just right to make the unstuck and then I'll post it.
I understand what you mean. I thought I'd fixed it. That file would really help so I could try some things. The funny thing is, if you have quickturn enabled you should already be facing the exact direction so it shouldn't be turning. You do use quickturn don't you?
sdude13 wrote:Since latest two updates (now 578) I get:

That message should never print. When the bot detects that an edit box has focus it should press 'escape' then continue. It only shows that message if that didn't work. So I'm not sure why you have that problem. It could be anything.

Is there an edit box with focus? Obviously not or the previous wouldn't work.
Have you changed the key binding for 'escape'? It should work anyway as it reads the escape key from the 'bindings' file.
Did you update the bot properly (do all the files in 'rom' have green icons)?

The only other option I can think of is for you to use 'Cheat Engine' to look at the 'editBoxHasFocus_address' and see if it behaves as expected.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:22 am

rock5 wrote: You do use quickturn don't you?
Nope, I just did new profile copied from default and only changed skills.
default for quickturn is false.

I'll make up this WP with angles to get stuck 7/10 times and then change quicktrun to true and see what happens.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Velsharon

#27 Post by Velsharon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:22 am

Is there another way of getting the buff id numbers other than using the ItemPreview addon?

Also has anyone tried this new version with a Rogue yet? I'm having issues with the basic rotation BlindStab-->ShadowStab-->LowBlow-->WoundAttack and I think it has to do with the new buff detection routines. I'm at work now but will post later from home.

JackBlonder

#28 Post by JackBlonder » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 pm

You can get IDs out of the data.fdb file in your Runes of Magic/fdb folder.
You have to extract the string_XX.db (XX stands for your language, e.g. string_enus.db) with e.g FDB Extractor.

Alkaiser

#29 Post by Alkaiser » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Another skill missing from skills_local.xml:

<WARRIOR_THE_FINAL_BATTLE en="The Final Battle" />

botje

#30 Post by botje » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 pm

i got that mesage about a edit box too man :(

bot wont start now, back to old version :/

Botje

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Velsharon wrote:Is there another way of getting the buff id numbers other than using the ItemPreview addon?
If you can apply the buff yourself, you can use an in game command to get the buff ids as I posted in the 4th post.

This is how you list your players buffs

/script n=0 repeat n=n+1 local name, icon, count, ID = UnitBuff( "player", n ) if name then SendSystemChat(name..", "..ID) end until not name
Change 'player' to 'target' to list your targets buffs.
Velsharon wrote:Also has anyone tried this new version with a Rogue yet? I'm having issues with the basic rotation BlindStab-->ShadowStab-->LowBlow-->WoundAttack and I think it has to do with the new buff detection routines. I'm at work now but will post later from home.
It would help if you said what your problem is.

Because they are attack skills, I figured the user might want them to be used again even if the buff is applied, so I didn't add buff requirements. You can easily add them to your profile though.

This is what I use and it seems to work

<skill name="ROGUE_BLIND_STAB"    hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
		<skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB"    hotkey="MACRO" priority="50" nobuffname="Bleed" nobufftarget="target"/>
		<skill name="ROGUE_LOW_BLOW"      hotkey="MACRO" priority="40" reqbuffname="Bleed" reqbufftarget="target" nobuffname="Grievous Wound" nobufftarget="target"/>
		<skill name="ROGUE_WOUND_ATTACK"  hotkey="MACRO" priority="30" reqbuffname="Grievous Wound" reqbufftarget="target"/>
The only downside to this is, if all the buffs are applied and Blind Stab and Wound Attack are on cooldown, then it wont use any skills even though it could use Shadowstab.
Alkaiser wrote:Another skill missing from skills_local.xml:

<WARRIOR_THE_FINAL_BATTLE en="The Final Battle" />
Added.
botje wrote:i got that mesage about a edit box too man
Damn! We got to get to the bottom of this. So I'll ask you too,
Have you messed around with the key bindings?
What happens if you are in an edit box in game and press Escape, does the cursor disappear from the edit box?
Start the 'CommandLine' waypoint file and type this

print(settings.hotkeys.ESCAPE.key)
Does it print '27'?
Do you have Cheat Engine?
Can you check the 'editBoxHasFocus_address' address to see if it changes when the game is in an edit box?

If you get this error, please help me fix it.

Note: If you get this error you don't have to revert the whole bot to a previous version. You only need to revert 'functions.lua'. To do this just right click it and select "TortoiseSVN/Update to revision" and enter '574'. That way you can still enjoy the other changes made.

Alkaiser

#32 Post by Alkaiser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:14 pm

More skill stuff:
K/M skill KNIGHT_HOLY_LIGHT_DOMAIN is missing from skills_local.xml

<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_LIGHT_DOMAIN" mana="84" inbattle="true"/>
At first it has a 6 second duration, but it gets upgraded to 12 seconds later on.
Adding cooldown="6" would be good enough. It doesn't place a buff on the caster when used.

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Alkaiser wrote:More skill stuff:
K/M skill KNIGHT_HOLY_LIGHT_DOMAIN is missing from skills_local.xml

<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_LIGHT_DOMAIN" mana="84" inbattle="true"/>
At first it has a 6 second duration, but it gets upgraded to 12 seconds later on.
Adding cooldown="6" would be good enough. It doesn't place a buff on the caster when used.
I have a level 15 k/m. I'll check it myself. Looks like it adds a debuff on the target of 'Holy Illumination'. This should work.

<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_LIGHT_DOMAIN" mana="30" cooldown="6" type="damage" target="enemy" range="50" buffname="502051,503226" />
Even though it's cast on yourself I've made the 'target' = enemy. I've added a cooldown of 6 seconds because it lasts that long but I've also added the buffs so it wont try to cast it again if it acquires a new target that already has the debuff. That should also avoid it being recast when the skill gets upgraded.

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 pm

BTW I made a small mistake above.

To get your buff ids you use

/script n=0 repeat n=n+1 local name, icon, count, ID = UnitBuff( "player", n ) if name then SendSystemChat(name..", "..ID) end until not name
To get your debuffs you change 'UnitBuff' to 'UnitDebuff'.

To get the targets buffs and debuffs you change 'player' to 'target'.

So to get the targets debuffs you use

/script n=0 repeat n=n+1 local name, icon, count, ID = UnitDebuff( "target", n ) if name then SendSystemChat(name..", "..ID) end until not name

botje

#35 Post by botje » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:17 am

yeah, it printed 27 allright, no i dont use cheatengine, and no i didnt chaznge keybindings for escape.

weird thing is, on my main it doesnt work, on my charge farmers it does xd

Botje

sdude13

#36 Post by sdude13 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 am

sdude13 wrote:Since latest two updates (now 578) I get:

That message should never print. When the bot detects that an edit box has focus it should press 'escape' then continue. It only shows that message if that didn't work. So I'm not sure why you have that problem. It could be anything.

Is there an edit box with focus? Obviously not or the previous wouldn't work.
Have you changed the key binding for 'escape'? It should work anyway as it reads the escape key from the 'bindings' file.
Did you update the bot properly (do all the files in 'rom' have green icons)?

The only other option I can think of is for you to use 'Cheat Engine' to look at the 'editBoxHasFocus_address' and see if it behaves as expected.[/quote]

I did not change anything. Loaded up ROM today, started with new Revision. works.
After loging out to another char... same error again.
Closing game, restarting... always the error.
It starts loading bot, after some seconds the Interface Menu pops up (like when you press the esc-key ingame), and the bot
quits.

rock5

#37 Post by rock5 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm

botje wrote:yeah, it printed 27 allright, no i dont use cheatengine, and no i didnt chaznge keybindings for escape.

weird thing is, on my main it doesnt work, on my charge farmers it does xd

Botje
Are you saying all your other characters work, only your main characters doesn't? That's promising. Have you tried running your main with the same profile you use for your farming?

If it works, then the problem is the profile. Try commenting bits and peices of it out until you figure out whats causing it.

If it didn't work, it might be something wrong with a file in the 'My Documents/Runes of Magic/MainCharName' folder. Try backing it up, then deleting it and allow it to be recreated when you start the game. See if that works. If it works, copy the original files over until you find which is causing the problem. Tip: macro.bsd has caused problems in the past, I'd try that one first.

sdude13, it sounds like it's a character specific problem. Could you try the instructions above as well?

sdude13

#38 Post by sdude13 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:12 am

I got a Criterror, restarted client, as I saw the "SaveVariables.lua" was newly generated then, had to set all
loot filter again, rearange UI and so on.
Since then, the latest revision works without the error... strange

Hope it will last like that.

rock5

#39 Post by rock5 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:04 am

sdude13 wrote:I got a Criterror, restarted client, as I saw the "SaveVariables.lua" was newly generated then, had to set all
loot filter again, rearange UI and so on.
Since then, the latest revision works without the error... strange

Hope it will last like that.
It does seem to be leaning toward some file in the character save folder being corrupt. I guess we still don't know which though.

Alkaiser

#40 Post by Alkaiser » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:00 am

SCOUT_CONCENTRATE is missing from skills_local.xml