How do millers ranch bots get detected?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Andreas_B

Re: How do millers ranch bots get detected?

#21 Post by Andreas_B » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Giram wrote:If its ip ban then
It is no ip ban. They have only banned all accounts which played from the the same ip at the same time.

deathdealer1252

#22 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Andreas_B wrote:
It is no ip ban. They have only banned all accounts which played from the the same ip at the same time.
If what your saying is true, then if you use another ip address, you would be fine.

Andreas_B

#23 Post by Andreas_B » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:13 pm

deathdealer1252 wrote:
Andreas_B wrote:
If what your saying is true, then if you use another ip address, you would be fine.
No. A banned account is a banned account. You can't play as long as it is banned. Of course you can create new accounts ...

deathdealer1252

#24 Post by deathdealer1252 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am

I was just talking about creating new accounts. In my case, I know they are watching my IP. I can create an account no problem, but within half hour or less, any account will be banned. I just createf another batch of accounts with a proxy and they are doing just fine, so it has to be done by IP, no other explanation.

nefheret

#25 Post by nefheret » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:32 am

Same conclusion as Deathdealer. Thanks all for your help.

degoulina

#26 Post by degoulina » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:15 pm

how many bots do you use at the same IP ?

i use 2 bots on my PC and got no ban....is there anyone who use more than 2 bots ?

if yes how many is sure?

anyone got ban since february?

thank you for your answers

Giram

#27 Post by Giram » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 pm

degoulina wrote:how many bots do you use at the same IP ?

i use 2 bots on my PC and got no ban....is there anyone who use more than 2 bots ?

if yes how many is sure?
I use 2-4 and haven't got banned yet. But i must say that only zero is sure to not get banned for botting. You have always a change to get caught even using only one bot at time.

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:09 pm

The server or region you play may be a factor too as some may be more strick than others.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#29 Post by botje » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

on my server, i havent even ever saw a frikking Gm online, like... NEVER xd

Botje

Giram

#30 Post by Giram » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:02 am

There was a time when gm came online every day and you could report players or ask questions from them. But that must be like 6-12 months ago. They might still come online but won't post that system message that goes over screen.

kx9488

#31 Post by kx9488 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:16 pm

if yes how many is sure?

im running 13 bots at the moment and keeping my cpu and gpus under 60*C with around 60%
fan speed.

they ran all night, i transferred all the eggs & cakes to one char, then from that char to my main... so far no bans... fingers crossed :)

kx9488

#32 Post by kx9488 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:22 pm

deathdealer1252 wrote:I was just talking about creating new accounts. In my case, I know they are watching my IP. I can create an account no problem, but within half hour or less, any account will be banned. I just createf another batch of accounts with a proxy and they are doing just fine, so it has to be done by IP, no other explanation.
can you share how to connect via a proxy for RoM client in some detail please?

i was running 15 clients and some !@#$ head blew an electircal fuse that was paired to my room :evil:

anyway, as you might imagine 15 clients jumping off the server all on my IP raised some flags... they all have been suspended for 15 minutes....

this must mean i am on a watch list to be investigated untill they can rule out me botting.... needless to say when i start up again i dont want to use this IP with my main account.

thank you

lisa

#33 Post by lisa » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:28 am

You will also need to change the mac address, they do both IP and mac address to track you.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kx9488

#34 Post by kx9488 » Sun May 01, 2011 2:33 pm

apologies for resurrecting an old post,

figured i would let the people know a few things that have worked and have not worked since my mac+ip change:

i've been botting eggs just fine for a while now,

i use rock5's waypoint file, leave 10+ bots on for 24 hours... login and trade screen all the eggs off on accounts i don't bot with and use all the special cakes for myself.

the other day i forgot to grab the eggs and cakes off of one of my bots and logged it out, now it is suspended... it only had 50-80 eggs on it.

i been using the char along side all of the others and they are not "suspended", (it was lvl 20ish)

apparently if you logout with a char that botted the eggs they can tell, but if you were traded them no chars get suspended.

-cheers

Tamyra

#35 Post by Tamyra » Wed May 11, 2011 4:46 pm

So, I can tell you now 3 ways they are detected from personal exp in addition to checking history of coin transfer and AH selling.

1) A GM will whisper your character if you are in Miller's Ranch for too long...thus a line of typed "00000ooooo000eeeee" generated by the bot would be noted, and/or might cause the bot/game client to crash.

2) They will pop into Millers Ranch in all their super-sized glory to see if any visible reaction to an over-sized player is noted.

3) They will check to see who is in the Ranch at times based on your time zone that no player has any right to be in there.

As for the banning part, they do it based on IP. The most active accounts on the IP are banned. My main, my primary alt and my roommate's main were all put on a 30 day ban, my bot was banned permanently.

energyplay

#36 Post by energyplay » Sat May 21, 2011 5:33 pm

kx9488 wrote:

if yes how many is sure?

im running 13 bots at the moment and keeping my cpu and gpus under 60*C with around 60%
fan speed.

they ran all night, i transferred all the eggs & cakes to one char, then from that char to my main... so far no bans... fingers crossed :)
Hi,
how you can run 13 bots at the same time? I know the nkmulit addon with this you can start serveral gameclients but how the rom bot knows with which he must play?

adonisz

#37 Post by adonisz » Sat May 21, 2011 7:24 pm

You run the Micromacro for each character, so if you're running 13 clients, you would have 13 micromacros running at the same time.

energyplay

#38 Post by energyplay » Sun May 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Are you use for this the slim or the full client? Because i use the slim client and after 15 minutes one of three clients crash and after 30 minutes nearly all a logout of the game. I'm confused about this attitude.

I use the actual version 603 of rom bot and except nkmultib no other addons.

do002

#39 Post by do002 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:46 pm

All of my miller ranch's bots and the main that I transferred the funds to were all permanently banned. So be very careful when you bot and try to avoid botting for continuously long hours.

energyplay

#40 Post by energyplay » Sun May 22, 2011 6:56 pm

I bot 2 months with the "normal" chicken script without speedhack, but the last week i sample the speed hack script and now my main and bots are banned, too :D