can rombot stop a cyclone?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

#1 Post by lisa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:45 am

Yes it's off topic I know but if you don't see me post again atleast you will know why lol
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2011/0 ... -news.html

Hopefully I will be back in a few days to continue helping you guys/girls out with any bot problems.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

Re: can rombot stop a cyclone?

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 am

Good luck. Don't take any stupid risks. It looks HUGE!
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

JackBlonder

#3 Post by JackBlonder » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:46 am

Good luck lisa. Hope to hear from you!
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 am

It's not programmed to do that by default, but I'm sure it can be done in a userfunction script.

jduartedj

#5 Post by jduartedj » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Just use:

Code: Select all

stopCyclone(X,Y)
or

easilyStopCyclone(X,Y,Z)

good luck ;)
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

Alkaiser

#6 Post by Alkaiser » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

We have a massive ice/snow/blizzard/storm about to plow over us in the entire northeast USA. Fun times.

jduartedj

#7 Post by jduartedj » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm

maybe you can use

castFirewall('colossal')
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:58 pm

I saw a documentary once. I think the winds will be worse on the southern edge of the storm than the northern edge. Because on the north the wind is moving backwards so the speed is minus the speed of the whole storm. To the south the wind is moving forward so the speed is plus the speed of the storm. Just an interesting fact.

As to the function, because the x,y,z coordinates can change we should try to use it's name.
stopCyclone(byCoordsOrName)
then we could use
stopCyclone("Yasi")
Regardless of it's current location.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Hasn't fully hit yet, just some strong wind so far.

As to the strength of the wind, the north side of the cyclone is actually less because the wind travels over land before it gets to the north side. Wind is less severe after traveling over land.
It looks like it is moving more south, which is good for me, by tonight I will have winds around 200km/h If I was in inisfail, which is where it seems to be heading, it would be around 350-400km/h and basically pick up houses and throw them around like toy blocks.
That town has been fully evacuated.

CPlayer:findNearestNameOrId("Yasi")
CPlayer:Target(ForceLeveLChange("1");
would change it from cat 5 cyclone to cat 1 cyclone and then it would be just a big storm and no real danger to anyone.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 am

lisa wrote:As to the strength of the wind, the north side of the cyclone is actually less because the wind travels over land before it gets to the north side. Wind is less severe after traveling over land.
Maybe the documentary I saw wouldn't apply. I think it was mainly about tornadoes. The bit I remember was a town where a tornado went along the middle of the main street and all the buildings on 1 side were destroyed but on the other side there was only minor damage. Maybe the effect doesn't scale up.
lisa wrote:It looks like it is moving more south, which is good for me, by tonight I will have winds around 200km/h If I was in inisfail, which is where it seems to be heading, it would be around 350-400km/h and basically pick up houses and throw them around like toy blocks.
That town has been fully evacuated.
It's good to hear you wont be facing he brunt of it.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 am

Need people to do the following quest.
LOL

In case you are wondering it's not done by photoshop, I adjusted the memory to display what I wanted ;)

pavel

#12 Post by pavel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:40 am

I've started the quest, but I can't find Lisa, nor does any of the town folks have a good hint.

Anyone found her and can give the pos? (Or at least give a hint?)

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 am

pavel wrote:I've started the quest, but I can't find Lisa, nor does any of the town folks have a good hint.

Have you tried using "World Search"?

pavel

#14 Post by pavel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:21 pm

rock5 wrote:
pavel wrote:I've started the quest, but I can't find Lisa, nor does any of the town folks have a good hint.

Have you tried using "World Search"?
That was the first thing I did. Then I asked at the local lost and found office, but no luck either... Always the same with hidden quests...

But i guess my fault was, I wanted to do it by my own, should try it with rombot and jduartedj's teleport script.

CPlayer:findPlayer("Lisa")
teleport(Lisa,hiddenplace)
Mount()
player:target_Player(Lisa);
Here I am missing the sequence for inviting other player to my mount.

teleport(SavePlace,faraway)

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Alas jduartedjs teleport script only works over short distances. :(

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Lots of wind and a bit of rain. Lost power around 10PM, generator kept fridge and a fan going half the night. Power still out but have fridge and router on generator atm and checking out devastation on my laptop.

Keep trying Pavel and you may just complete the quest, the rewards are high lol

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

lisa wrote:Lots of wind and a bit of rain. Lost power around 10PM, generator kept fridge and a fan going half the night. Power still out but have fridge and router on generator atm and checking out devastation on my laptop.
Don't know what I'd do without internet access. That would be high on my list for reasons to get a generator LoL.
lisa wrote:Keep trying Pavel and you may just complete the quest, the rewards are high lol
No they're not. Just a measly 292 experience, 302 gold and 10 phirus coins. :? That's not a lot in anyone's books.

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:55 am

lol I thought I cropped out the rewards from the pic, I mean there is a secret reward section under where I cropped with the Uber Fantasmical rewards.

Power out for half the town, it will probably be a couple of days before fully restored to whole town, have a big thunderstorm now so that will slow down the repairs.