pawn.lua:error reading memory...update()

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
fred55555

pawn.lua:error reading memory...update()

#1 Post by fred55555 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:53 pm

I get these every so often and the rom bot stops running, but my rom keeps running and sometimes the character willjust keep runing in one direction until it gets killed or hits a wall.

error numbers so far: 334, 339, 279

These are from memory cause i didnt write them down, but i will start to record them and update the post.

rock5

Re: pawn.lua:error reading memory...update()

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Those numbers don't help as they are just line numbers. They've been changing because the pawn.lua file changes and the error message gets moved down.

The pawn read memory error has been reported a few times but can be caused by a number of things and is always hard to pin down. I think it is usually due to some sort of memory management problem. Maybe you are running too many clients or you have a scripts that includes a teleport or something like that or you run some other memory or cpu intensive program that causes the game to struggle.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

fred55555

Re: pawn.lua:error reading memory...update()

#3 Post by fred55555 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 pm

will try and test with only one instance running and nothing running in the background see if that gets rid of the errors.
Thank you.