Planting

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

Re: Planting

#41 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 am

I just spent an hour trying to work out why it wasn't planting seeds.

Turns out the bot has this
NTYPE_WOOD = 1
NTYPE_ORE = 2
NTYPE_HERB = 3

Client has this for pots.
WOOD = 1
HERB = 2
ORE = 3
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

MiesterMan

#42 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:56 am

Good work! ;)

This whole thing is way over my head. Sorry I couldn't help with anything :oops: .

lisa

#43 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:15 am

MiesterMan wrote:Good work! ;)

This whole thing is way over my head. Sorry I couldn't help with anything :oops: .
That's ok, I feel like that half the time anyway lol
Just have to keep plugging away at it until something falls into place, this one is deffinately annoying though.

Back up plan is still to just have client window as focus and use mouse over pot, could prob just do a click aswell if it comes to that =(
Which would be kind of reducing MM to an autoit type thing lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#44 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 am

Lol while checking out mouseclicks I stumbled on this

Code: Select all

function CPlayer:scan_for_NPC(_npcname)
Back in the day this used to be how to target things, A lot has changed since then lol
Basically moves the mouse on a specified box area while detecting if it mouses over the name specified.

lisa

#45 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:41 am

Just noticed something which might make this Extremely difficult if not impossible.
You can mouse over an item and the name comes up, the offset 744 has the items address but if you arn't actually clicking the coloured pixels on the item then you can't click the item. There is an invisible box which items sit in but if the item is tapered and not an actual box, which is pretty much the case 99% of the time, then you won't be able to click it.

What this also points out is that even though the mouse pointer shows the item and the address of the item it still isn't clickable. Might explain why I've had so much trouble with this.

Need to sit back and rethink the matter.

lisa

#46 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:39 am

MiesterMan wrote:So, getting nowhere with my possible "RoMScript" method I decided to explore rock's pointer. When you debug and scan for what accesses the pointer there is a distinctly different access for clicking but it uses this thing I've often run into and can't find a reference that can explain it to me.

So it's like the attached picture. Can anyone explain to me what that code means? What's happening?
Sorry I got so caught up in trying to get this working I didn't explain what I was doing or how I was doing it.

Start up CE and follow these steps

After you open process click on add address manually
then tick the pointer tick box.
Add in the address 9C57EC and the offset 744
then click ok.
If you want you can change discription to something like mouse address. Basically the value of what you see will be the address of what ever item the mouse it pointing at.
Have a look in attached pic.
pointer.jpg
Ok now you will see in the main CE window the address has been added.
If you right click it and click browse this memory region
For this example I would use display as 4 byte decimal as shown in pic, purely because I know the decimal value has a meaning to me, the address of items.
pointer3.jpg
Ok now if you mouse over an object in the client, RoM window doesn't need to be the focus, you will see that value change. in this example it is 462806016
pointer4.jpg
So you can follow these steps with the other offsets that were mentioned and see how they change when you do things in RoM.

Hope this helps =)

Edit: I probably should mention I only brose the region of memory to see if there is anything interesting happening in that surrounding area. If just testing the offsets you can just add manually all your offsets 1 by 1 and then stay with the main CE window and you can see the values change as you do things in RoM.

lisa

#47 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Ok here is a very crude old school type usage of the bot.
flintstone planting
Basically I had to go back to using mouse clicks and cursor scanning to make t work. So the runes of magic game window must be the window in focus, can't run in background. This of course means no multiclients. At this stage beggers can't be choosers, considering it will take less then 10 minutes each account and you only need to do it once every 10 ish hours, can prob stretch it to 12 hours.

Anyway enjoy =)

MiesterMan

#48 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Cool, I DL'ed it and am looking at it now.

What I was asking in that post with the pic was a bit different. Take everything in the post above that explains how to enter the address as a pointer with an offset and assume it's done.

Now right click the address and select "Find out what accesses this address" from the dropdown. Choose "Find out what accesses this pointer" from the 2 button popup.

Now we have the debug window (if not click yes to attach the debugger). You'll see a spam of things that access the pointer constantly but that's not what we're looking for. What we want is what accesses the pointer as we click on the object.

Click on the pot in rom while the debugger is attached and then go back to the debug window in CE. You'll find a list of accesses with 1 accession for every time you clicked on something. That's what's in the picture I posted.

I can't find any references to explain what that assembly procedure is so I dunno what the clicking does. But I was hoping we could emulate the mouse-click's info using the method from this assembly procedure.

kanta

#49 Post by kanta » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Ummm, not a coder, you all know that. I'm just a tinkerer. But I thought I'd throw this out there. Have you tried looking at these addresses on the same pot with and without a seed/plant? Maybe if there's different info for when there's a plant in the pot, the plant could be targeted instead? Basically what I'm getting at is the original planting would have to be done manually, but once there's a plant in the pot the bot would be able to pick up on that?

I only bring this up because when there's a growing plant in the pot and you mouse over it, the plant glows or has some special visual effect. Kinda like when you have a button rollover/mouseover effect.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

alkirah

#50 Post by alkirah » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:12 am

Now that planting is more useful than petautocraft (giving higher lvl mats), I tried to figured this out and at the same time, bring this 6 months old topic back up.

The pointer that was found at offset 744 is now 0x382E700 + 744, the 41, 3bc, 3c0 still works, 3b4 and 3b8 is the x/y coordinates.

I also found another pointer, pointing to a 3d model when mouse is over which is at 0x4a31B80 offset 228, and when browsing this, you can also find a pointer to a texture file for the pot you use (a large mayan pot pointed to a large mayan pot texture file, flowery pot to a flowery pot texture, etc).

I had no luck getting this to work though, so i'm posting this here in case someone find a use for those.

I suspect they are doing a physx.ray check from the camera->mesh to find what object it's related to for house stuff since like you said, they aren't acting like anything else.

Different coders different practices I guess.
Address given are the latest patch ones : 4.0.5.2472

alkirah

#51 Post by alkirah » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 am

Edit, misstyped the 1st offset

it's 0x382e000 + 744