Boss focus

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
dx876234

Boss focus

#1 Post by dx876234 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:50 am

I've added a list simular to the mobs list to make the bot prioritize specific enemies in a multi enemy fight. This is typically used when farming "eyes" in CL where most mobs can be ignored until the major is down or to handle CL bosses.

In my onload section of a waypoint i do something like:

Code: Select all

<onLoad>
settings.profile.boss = {"Boddosh", "Zurhidion Negotiator", "Gorn", "Ordig", "Masso", "Uguda"}
</onLoad>
When fighting Negotiator this forces the bot to kill the negotiator while ignoring the four mobs until its dead.

Currently I have used just a fixed priority by adding a score to the best enemy calculcations if found in boss table. Alternative ideas would be to check dynamically if its a boss and add to the score or to put priorities in the boss tables as well, like kill order.

Regards
d
Attachments
boss.zip
Added check in boss table to prioritize these as well as the XML constructs
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

rock5

Re: Boss focus

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:25 am

Nice. I don't do instances myself but I can see how this would be useful to those that farm them.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#3 Post by jduartedj » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:05 am

this seems nice! For such situations I used to set the mobs options to the boss only and use AOEs to get rid of the surrounding mobs. I'll try it. Do you think this could be commited, rock5?
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

wizzyslo

#4 Post by wizzyslo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Nice work

I would rly happy if somebudy can make function to detect what mob cast and if mob cast some special skill do somthing and how to sinhronize bots together. :D

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 pm

jduartedj wrote:this seems nice! For such situations I used to set the mobs options to the boss only and use AOEs to get rid of the surrounding mobs. I'll try it. Do you think this could be commited, rock5?
Because I can't test it I'm reluctant to commit it. I mostly commit my own work anyway. Administrator usually adds things that other users supply.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

squeekthegeek

#6 Post by squeekthegeek » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:14 pm

hmmm, how do i use the diff files in windows?

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Assuming you're using TortoiseSVN, right-click the 'rom' folder, go to TortoiseSVN->Apply patch. Select the files and apply the changes.

squeekthegeek

#8 Post by squeekthegeek » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:20 pm

thanks for the tip.

I had to do it manualy anyways because repo was updated and tortoise would patch different versions.

my other question is, how would you enter Cyclops Lair and farm it if you can't create a waypoint to make you walk through the portal?

once the map changes, ie. after walking inside of instances, doesnt the coordinates in the waypoints file become useless?

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:28 pm

squeekthegeek wrote:my other question is, how would you enter Cyclops Lair and farm it if you can't create a waypoint to make you walk through the portal?

once the map changes, ie. after walking inside of instances, doesnt the coordinates in the waypoints file become useless?
I've done waypoint files that go through portals. All you have to do is quickly create a waypoint as soon as you enter the portal. It will still register the waypoint that will telleport you. Then at that waypoint use
waitForLoadingScreen() function to wait for it to finish loading.

BaksikPL

#10 Post by BaksikPL » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:05 am

When im trying to apply this path im reciving this error

What is wrong ?

dx876234

#11 Post by dx876234 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:21 am

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what that error message implies. Perhaps someone who knows CVS better than me could explain?

Alkaiser

#12 Post by Alkaiser » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:10 pm

I couldn't get it to apply either, so I manually applied the changes with notepad++. Testing in progress...

Alkaiser

#13 Post by Alkaiser » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Boddosh is causing some trouble. When his health drops down to around 10000, he says "BODDOSH IS INVINCIBLE!!!" and starts running around demoralized. At this point the bot stops attacking him "fight finished" and will continue running waypoints, periodically stopping because it's "waiting on aggressive enemies"... probably because Boddosh has stopped panicking and returned to his usual aggressive behavior.

Anyone have any idea how to make the bot continue attacking Boddosh during his panic phase?

Administrator
Site Admin

#14 Post by Administrator » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Alkaiser wrote:Boddosh is causing some trouble. When his health drops down to around 10000, he says "BODDOSH IS INVINCIBLE!!!" and starts running around demoralized. At this point the bot stops attacking him "fight finished" and will continue running waypoints, periodically stopping because it's "waiting on aggressive enemies"... probably because Boddosh has stopped panicking and returned to his usual aggressive behavior.

Anyone have any idea how to make the bot continue attacking Boddosh during his panic phase?
I'm guessing that's because it detects that you aren't doing any damage to him, even though you are attacking. Do you have DEBUGGING turned on?

Alkaiser

#15 Post by Alkaiser » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Okay, I set

<option name="DEBUGGING" value="true" />
Didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

When Boddosh panics, the bot says "Fight Finished. Killed 1 Boddosh... etc." Then "waiting for aggressive enemies". This repeats several times, bot reengages after a some seconds, stops, attacks some more, stops, and then finally kills him for real. It takes 5 times longer than it should to finish him off.

So it seems the bot thinks Boddosh is dead when he enters the panic state.

UPDATE:
As a workaround, I did this:

<onPreSkillCast>
	local targetPawn = CPawn(player.TargetPtr)
	if( targetPawn.Name == "Boddosh" ) then
		repeat
			player:cast("KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE")
			targetPawn:update()
		until 1000 > targetPawn.HP
	end
Boddosh gets slaughtered. Could be bad though if an obstacle ends up between the bot and Boddosh and the bot is unable to attack.

kanta

#16 Post by kanta » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:33 am

This doesn't seem to be working for me. Won't stay on Zurhidon Negotiator, keeps targeting the Protectors. I've tried adding them to the friend section and that doesn't help either.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66