Error?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
deathdealer1252

Error?

#1 Post by deathdealer1252 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:49 am

I keep getting this error when trying to run my bot for a long period of time.

Code: Select all

/rom/classes/player.lua:2091: bad argument #1 to 'memoryReadIntPtr' <<null>>
Any idea to what would be causing this?

**UPDATE
RoM just keeps crashing on me, trying to run 4 RoMs at a time, no idea why it keeps crashing, any ideas?

rock5

Re: Error?

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:00 pm

deathdealer1252 wrote:I keep getting this error when trying to run my bot for a long period of time.

Code: Select all

/rom/classes/player.lua:2091: bad argument #1 to 'memoryReadIntPtr' <<null>>
Any idea to what would be causing this?

**UPDATE
RoM just keeps crashing on me, trying to run 4 RoMs at a time, no idea why it keeps crashing, any ideas?
Does your waypoint file include teleports? If so, it will use more and more memory until it crashes. It's a problem with the game. It has some sort of memory leek. If you can avoid the teleports and instead travel by foot, it should work better.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#3 Post by jduartedj » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 am

rock5 wrote: Does your waypoint file include teleports? If so, it will use more and more memory until it crashes. It's a problem with the game. It has some sort of memory leek. If you can avoid the teleports and instead travel by foot, it should work better.

BTW rock, does Death count as a "teleport" in this situation? Because I've had some crashes when I died like 2-5 times in a bot run.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

botje

#4 Post by botje » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 am

ofcourse it does, it teleports ya to the revive stone ^^

Botje

deathdealer1252

#5 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:02 am

I am not teleporting or dying or anything along those lines. These are just harvesting, that is it. Any other ideas, can not even run the game over night without it crashing.

jduartedj

#6 Post by jduartedj » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 am

deathdealer1252 wrote:I am not teleporting or dying or anything along those lines. These are just harvesting, that is it. Any other ideas, can not even run the game over night without it crashing.
I've heard of some errors caused by too many clients! Have you set your clients to minimal settings and use them minimized?

deathdealer1252

#7 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 am

Yep, 800 x 600, lowest graphic settings, etc... Even turned down the scan speed for the harvesting, so it does not scan as fast.

**UPDATE**

So I have been doing some testing. Currently I have the HARVEST_SCAN_WIDTH set to 800 and the HARVEST_SCAN_HEIGHT set to 600. Now just to see if this has any effect on the game crashing I set the HARVEST_SCAN_YREST to 1 and the game crashed within a minute. Then I set the HARVEST_SCAN_YREST to 100, and things seem to be running a lot more stable.

Not 100% sure if this has anything to do with the game crashing, but sure seems like it.

jduartedj

#8 Post by jduartedj » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:40 pm

deathdealer1252 wrote:Yep, 800 x 600, lowest graphic settings, etc... Even turned down the scan speed for the harvesting, so it does not scan as fast.

**UPDATE**

So I have been doing some testing. Currently I have the HARVEST_SCAN_WIDTH set to 800 and the HARVEST_SCAN_HEIGHT set to 600. Now just to see if this has any effect on the game crashing I set the HARVEST_SCAN_YREST to 1 and the game crashed within a minute. Then I set the HARVEST_SCAN_YREST to 100, and things seem to be running a lot more stable.

Not 100% sure if this has anything to do with the game crashing, but sure seems like it.

2 words: SVN update!

Dude if you still use those options, then you seriously have to update your version of rom-bot!

deathdealer1252

#9 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm

lol I do have svn, found out that those options do not exist anymore. guess it is all random crashes. no idea how to fix it.

checkii

#10 Post by checkii » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:37 am

Can you narrow this down to only when you are botting? Because the client has been know to crash randomly for whatever reason.

RoM is a very memory intensive program. I have to restart it and my computer once in while to keep it from crashing. I had a discussions with another person about this, we both believed the only way is to outlast the crashes by buying more RAM.

Rock5 pretty much called it out. The memory leaks is killing you.

deathdealer1252

#11 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:45 pm

I have 24 gigs of ram, so I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with memory :) I will be running 12 bots at once, sometimes one client will last for 2 hours and sometimes it will last for 20 minutes. No idea what causes it.

jduartedj

#12 Post by jduartedj » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:05 pm

deathdealer1252 wrote:I have 24 gigs of ram, so I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with memory :) I will be running 12 bots at once, sometimes one client will last for 2 hours and sometimes it will last for 20 minutes. No idea what causes it.

if ur running 12 clients it COULD be memory ,yes even w/ 24gb!

Try only running a few like 2 or 3 and see if you get the same error!

deathdealer1252

#13 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Done it, currently have 3 computers running bots. On 1 computer I ran 12, 2nd computer I ran 24 and 3rd computer I ran one. They all crashed randomly at different times, the computer running one, actual crashed before any of the other clients on the other computers did. No idea, guess the game is just messed up.

Have any of you tired out the 7.5 gig version of the game? Wonder if that will help any.

jduartedj

#14 Post by jduartedj » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:30 pm

deathdealer1252 wrote: Have any of you tired out the 7.5 gig version of the game? Wonder if that will help any.

THAT was the "regular" version we all used before RoM-slim appeared!

The RoM-Slim version , which I use, is lighter both in disk space and resources!

I find it better for botting obviously!

deathdealer1252

#15 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 pm

This is a good one. I ran 12 bots, all they where doing was harvesting, crashed like normal. Then I ran 12 bots, all they where doing was fighting and they did not crash once. I find that pretty odd...