Questions about waypoint behaviour of bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Paton

Questions about waypoint behaviour of bot

#1 Post by Paton » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Hello,
i wanted to test/watch the bot doing the farming of fungus(level1) in howling mountains for the monster card and some belt for twinking. So i created with createpath.lua a waypointfile with 6 waypoints, which are enough due to very fast respawn rate. Since the fungus die with 1 flame spell(mage) and running upto the corpse takes time, i changed the profile to:

Code: Select all

<option name="COMBAT_DISTANCE"    value="160" />
<option name="MAX_TARGET_DIST"    value="160" />
<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="165" />
Setup:
- Just watching MM and game window for what the bot is doing
- Nothing else runs on the PC
- Game latency 60ms

Now my many questions/observations:
  1. While the bot casts Flame, i see something like a tremoring of the camera view. I could describe it like: Zooming in/out fast just very little. Why is that happening and is that normal for everyone ? Has it to do with keyboard settings ? All the other moving runs fine.
  2. In like 240 kills the bot missed around 4-5 corpses. This happened like: char starts casting flame and fungus moves alittle, but should be still in range of flame(225). The cast goes through and kills the fungus, but at the same time the bot aborts and tries to moves closer. Could i set somewhere a delay, which could solve that problem missing corpses or maybe i watched it wrong ? Does the bot use some API function to checkout outofrange for a spell in actionbar ? Maybe i set/understood combat_distance and max_target_dist wrong. I know this is only a problem, when monsters get onehit.

What i wanted to achieve with the bot is: start casting flame at 160 range and continue the cast until the mob is under 225 range.
  3. The 6 waypoints are a circle. Waypoint 6 ends near waypoint 1. The bot did some unexpected things. Bot moved char to waypoint 5 and killed some fungus there, then it went to waypoint 6 (2-3 fungus 100% in range there), but bot continued to waypoint 1 and then 2 and started killing again only at waypoint 1 or 2. What did i setup wrong ? This happened somewhere else, where i tried some other kill farming with a few waypoints. Resource harvesting with over 60 waypoints runs well on all waypoints.
  4. I would like to determine what a good setup of waypoints is for kill farming in an area with a dense population of monsters. I mean something the distance between 2 waypoints should be for example greater than 2x max_target_dist ??

I watched the bot doing the following:
    Bot is at waypoint 1 with 3 fungus in range. He shoots 1 fungus in direction to waypoint 2 and goes looting corpse. After that he moves on to waypoint 2 instead of going back to 1 and doing the other 2.

So can someone(@Administrator or Rock5) explain, me, how the bot decides what to do ? This would help greatly making better waypoint files.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Questions about waypoint behaviour of bot

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:04 am

Paton wrote: While the bot casts Flame, i see something like a tremoring of the camera view. I could describe it like: Zooming in/out fast just very little. Why is that happening and is that normal for everyone ? Has it to do with keyboard settings ? All the other moving runs fine.
It's because you're using quick-turn. Ignore it. It's fine.
In like 240 kills the bot missed around 4-5 corpses. This happened like: char starts casting flame and fungus moves alittle, but should be still in range of flame(225). The cast goes through and kills the fungus, but at the same time the bot aborts and tries to moves closer. Could i set somewhere a delay, which could solve that problem missing corpses or maybe i watched it wrong ? Does the bot use some API function to checkout outofrange for a spell in actionbar ? Maybe i set/understood combat_distance and max_target_dist wrong. I know this is only a problem, when monsters get onehit.
Only missing ~2% of the corpses is actually really quite good. There's a number of things that could cause it. Were you still marked as 'in combat' after the kill (this could happen if you pulled aggro off of something else)? We used to have an option for this, but I think it was removed.
The 6 waypoints are a circle. Waypoint 6 ends near waypoint 1. The bot did some unexpected things. Bot moved char to waypoint 5 and killed some fungus there, then it went to waypoint 6 (2-3 fungus 100% in range there), but bot continued to waypoint 1 and then 2 and started killing again only at waypoint 1 or 2. What did i setup wrong ? This happened somewhere else, where i tried some other kill farming with a few waypoints. Resource harvesting with over 60 waypoints runs well on all waypoints.
You kind of rambled on there and made this a bit more confusing than it needed to be. Rephrase it.

I would like to determine what a good setup of waypoints is for kill farming in an area with a dense population of monsters. I mean something the distance between 2 waypoints should be for example greater than 2x max_target_dist ??
Probably about MAX_TARGET_DIST apart would be best.