Bot playing sound when whispered.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
zaxahmed

Bot playing sound when whispered.

#1 Post by zaxahmed » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:01 pm

I've gone through the whole forum looking for this and there is very little detail on this. Im well aware of the addon that works to play sound in RoM but I seem to have an issue with the sound in RoM after awhile. It goes away completely. If there is a way to make the bot call an external file to play a userdefined file on a whisper, I would really appreciate your feedback.

rock5

Re: Bot playing sound when whispered.

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:39 pm

If you describe why you need to make a sound it would be easier for someone to suggest a solution. Why do you need to play a specific sound on whisper?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

zaxahmed

#3 Post by zaxahmed » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:12 am

Im usually not far from my pc when the bot is running and would like to know if there is a whisper or say pertaining to me in order for me to take appropriate action at that given time. Thank You for your response and query.

Starrider

#4 Post by Starrider » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:32 am

Hi, good idea.
Some time ago RoM had an sound like the sound when you got a partyinvite, I don't know hwat for a bug has disabled it.

Then i used kAFK, where you could set a sound played by getting whispered. But this addon doen't work anymore after 3.0.3. because of the removed "os." function.

Maybe someone find a way to fix this addon, but the dev still doesn't support it anymore. Then you had an way to play a sound.

I also would request such a solution, mybe the bot kann give a bios beep?

I play with my mainchar, an the bot is running in background, it would make the gameing more easy because you need not to switch often to check for whispers.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:41 am

The bot is not able to monitor chat so can not send a sound when you receive a whisper. Your best bet is an addon. If the problem is the missing os functions try the d303fix addon. It correctly supplies the os.date(), os.time() and other functions. Then try your addon again.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Starrider

#6 Post by Starrider » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:22 pm

KAfK has been fixed. It plays now a sound when you get whispered.
You can download it at http://rom-addonpack.tk/ in the Slayblaze 3.2.1 version.

sdude13

#7 Post by sdude13 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:34 am

Is there also a way to get an alert when a magic canvia drops ?
There is a message comming up when it happens.
Like that we could switch to manual input and catch it, then resume the bot...

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:16 am

sdude13 wrote:Is there also a way to get an alert when a magic canvia drops ?
There is a message comming up when it happens.
Like that we could switch to manual input and catch it, then resume the bot...
I have a catch cavy script if you are interested. I just posted it for your convenience.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =21&t=1566

nokirk

#9 Post by nokirk » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:35 pm

I modified kAfk a little so it only plays a sound, but not answer automatically. (Seemed a little strange to me running around doing stuff and answering "I'm afk").

Anyways, after turning off all music effects and ambience noises I was hoping I could extract only the sound when being whispered. Unfortunately that's not possible with in-game settings, it still plays sounds when looting, repairing, throwing stuff away or selling things.

My question is, is it possible to delete those sounds as well? So the only sound that will be played, is the one when being whispered from kAfk. Is that possible? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Starrider

#10 Post by Starrider » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:55 am

can you upload your modified KAFK version?

nokirk

#11 Post by nokirk » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:13 am

Starrider wrote:can you upload your modified KAFK version?
Sure, just replace this file with kAFK.lua file in kAFK folder.

Anybody got an idea how to kill all other sounds from the game except the notification from the addon when a whisper comes in? So far it still plays sound when looting, reapiring, selling stuff and so on.
Attachments
kAFK.lua
slightly modified so it wouldn't answer "I'm afk" when being whispered.
(13.72 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

Starrider

#12 Post by Starrider » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:17 pm

I tried that not but its theoreticalliy possible - my idea:

load this tool (FDB Extractor), whith this you can look inside the packed files.

Open sound.fdb, extract the files an replace all with empty ones. Copy the files with the same root structe like in the packed fdb into your RoM main directory. Then i am sure no sound is played anymore because the client loads the edited Sound files, and they are empty so no sound XD
Attachments
FDB-Extractor1.rar
*.fdb file extractor for RoM
(134.39 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

droppen

#13 Post by droppen » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Starrider wrote:I tried that not but its theoreticalliy possible - my idea:

load this tool (FDB Extractor), whith this you can look inside the packed files.

Open sound.fdb, extract the files an replace all with empty ones. Copy the files with the same root structe like in the packed fdb into your RoM main directory. Then i am sure no sound is played anymore because the client loads the edited Sound files, and they are empty so no sound XD
if you do this, please share it with the world

bussdee

#14 Post by bussdee » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:48 am

am i wrong? Why you dont just use RoM-Audio-Config?
There are different configs for sound. Only activate the one for Interface and it should do what you need.
"Erfahrung ist fast immer eine Parodie auf die Idee."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Septh

#15 Post by Septh » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:26 pm

I tried the FDB Extractor, created the same structure path and replaced few of the mp3 files and it didn't work. The game keep using the FDB for the sound. I finally just deleted the Sound.fdb and just rely on the addon gildenpieps.

The reason why I don't want to turn the interface sound off in the config/audio, it is because the sound used for the whisper alert need the 'interface' volume to be activated/on.

Septh

#16 Post by Septh » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:29 pm

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my char is making all kind of noise from the 'interface' settings, and I can't customize.

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:29 pm

It might have something to do with how FDB Extractor (McBens version) converts some file types to a more readable form. So if you extract all of sound.fdb and replace just some files, some of the other files might no longer be compatible with what the game expects. Try only including the files you want to replace.