Blank macro 0

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
MiesterMan

Blank macro 0

#1 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 pm

I've been trying to have my manual addon make the macro because my blank macros seem to dissappear randomly. This it to work with character switching abilities. I haven't even figured out how to map the macro to the keyboard, think I can use PickupMacroItem to do it but I don't know what to use to put it on the action bar.

Anyways, the problem I'm having now is that the commands work in game as I want them to but they aren't working from the addon loadup. Here's what I have so far.

Code: Select all

function ManualAddon_OnLoad()
	DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Manual Add-on Loaded!");
	EditMacro(2, "", 7, "");
	EditMacro(1, "", 1, "");
	DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Created startup Macros!");
	PickupMacroItem(1);
	PickupAction(10);
end
Does anyone know why they would work in game but not on add-on load?

Also, I can run the /script ManualAddon_OnLoad(); in game and it makes them fine too. but that's not what I want, I want it to make them when it loads so I don't have to worry about the buggy macros dissappearing issue.

Edit: I tested it in game using the script commands and you can use PickupMacroItem(1);PickupAction(10); to map it.

Edit: So I added the commands and tested it with existing macros. Again, the commands don't run on addon loadup but if I run the loadup function in the game it works like it's supposed, creating and mapping the macros.
And since my status messages are showing in chat and my functions are callable I know the add-on is loaded.

Valleyguy

Re: Blank macro 0

#2 Post by Valleyguy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:58 pm

once made i never loose my macro 0 but to lock macro 0 in place you must log out as soon as you have your bar and macro made so the server saves the profile. if you make any bar changes and or macros and then play till you crash you will keep loosing the setup cause the crash doesn't save your info.

MiesterMan

#3 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:09 pm

It's strange. Now I just made a new character and it did make my macros and place it on my action bar. Well, looks like it's working, woot! (accept I don't know if it will solve my dissappearing macro problem.)

VoidMain

#4 Post by VoidMain » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:53 pm

If you have pbInfo, update it, some user reported that worked for him.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:46 pm

I'd like to make a few points.
1. If you re-use the same character names you can create the macro and place it in you action bar and setup any other UI settings you want then log off. If you do that with all your characters then it should remember the settings even when you delete the character and recreate it.
2. The code you displayed is a function but where do you execute it? Is it possible you are only declaring the function?
3. When it finally worked, were you using a previously used character name when you created the character? Then it's possible it just "remembered" the previous settings.
4. Finally the way I do it is setup 1 character exactly the way I want it then log out. I then go to the "Runes of Magic" folder in my "Documents" folder and copy and rename the character folder as many times as I want to the other character names I use.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

#6 Post by MiesterMan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:47 pm

rock5 wrote:I'd like to make a few points.
1. If you re-use the same character names you can create the macro and place it in you action bar and setup any other UI settings you want then log off. If you do that with all your characters then it should remember the settings even when you delete the character and recreate it.
2. The code you displayed is a function but where do you execute it? Is it possible you are only declaring the function?
3. When it finally worked, were you using a previously used character name when you created the character? Then it's possible it just "remembered" the previous settings.
4. Finally the way I do it is setup 1 character exactly the way I want it then log out. I then go to the "Runes of Magic" folder in my "Documents" folder and copy and rename the character folder as many times as I want to the other character names I use.

I call the onload at the end of the manualaddon's lua file after all the functions are loaded. It didn't work with previously made character, only new ones. I'm keeping since it does work for new chars but it's not a fix for my origional problem. I do what you described to save the UI settings but for some reason it still on occasion dissappears. Probably just issues with my client personally.

Edit: As for copying I noticed this only works for characters of the same classes or at least that's how my client seems to work. I ultimately wanted to reduce the number of "clicks" necessary.

miximixi007

#7 Post by miximixi007 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:53 pm

MiesterMan wrote:I've been trying to have my manual addon make the macro because my blank macros seem to dissappear randomly. This it to work with character switching abilities. I haven't even figured out how to map the macro to the keyboard, think I can use PickupMacroItem to do it but I don't know what to use to put it on the action bar.

Anyways, the problem I'm having now is that the commands work in game as I want them to but they aren't working from the addon loadup. Here's what I have so far.

Code: Select all

function ManualAddon_OnLoad()
	DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Manual Add-on Loaded!");
	EditMacro(2, "", 7, "");
	EditMacro(1, "", 1, "");
	DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Created startup Macros!");
	PickupMacroItem(1);
	PickupAction(10);
end
Does anyone know why they would work in game but not on add-on load?

Also, I can run the /script ManualAddon_OnLoad(); in game and it makes them fine too. but that's not what I want, I want it to make them when it loads so I don't have to worry about the buggy macros dissappearing issue.

Edit: I tested it in game using the script commands and you can use PickupMacroItem(1);PickupAction(10); to map it.

Edit: So I added the commands and tested it with existing macros. Again, the commands don't run on addon loadup but if I run the loadup function in the game it works like it's supposed, creating and mapping the macros.
And since my status messages are showing in chat and my functions are callable I know the add-on is loaded.
THX
write 1 into here:
[0xA018FC]+14 --as same as EditMacro(1, "", 1, "");

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 pm

MiesterMan wrote:I call the onload at the end of the manualaddon's lua file after all the functions are loaded. It didn't work with previously made character, only new ones. I'm keeping since it does work for new chars but it's not a fix for my origional problem.
That's strange. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for existing characters too. Maybe it has something to do with if the macro is in the action bar already or not?
MiesterMan wrote:I do what you described to save the UI settings but for some reason it still on occasion dissappears. Probably just issues with my client personally.
Sometimes when the client crashes or you are closing clients at the same time so they are trying to save to the same file, it can screw up your saved settings and you can loose your macro settings. Maybe that's what you are talking about.
MiesterMan wrote:Edit: As for copying I noticed this only works for characters of the same classes or at least that's how my client seems to work. I ultimately wanted to reduce the number of "clicks" necessary.
Well I only use 1 class for 1-10 leveling so I never tried other classes, so you might be right.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro