Noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
kenzu38

Re: Noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction

#81 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 pm

rock5 wrote:BTW can anyone get the id and coordinates for the npc in Syrbal Pass?
Position: (-6556, -7719, 1463) Id: 118219 "Snoop the Stubborn"
rock5 wrote:Oh and check what name it is called in the Tundra npc dialog. Is it called "Syrbal Pass" or something else?
Yep, it's "Syrbal Pass". And on a side not, from Syrbal Pass, the only option is to go to "Merdhin Tundra".

rock5

#82 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Thanks.

I'll let you know what I'm doing.

I figured noobbotters version of the world traveler is a clever but simple in it's implementation but complicated to maintain, with all the numbers and functions. I'm trying to make a version that is more complex in it's implementation but simpler to maintain.

I'm using an algorithm to calculate the shortest path, so all we have to do is maintain the zone table, that includes all the links, and it should work.

I've done the algorithm and I've done the new table and I've started the main code. Shouldn't be much longer before I have something to test.

I'm wondering if I should branch off and name it something else so that noobbotter can continue his own version if he wants as there might be some incompatibilities? But then it is based on his work. But then it is a complete rewrite. I still haven't decided.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

#83 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:19 am

rock5 wrote:I've done the algorithm and I've done the new table and I've started the main code. Shouldn't be much longer before I have something to test.
Nice, looking forward to that.
rock5 wrote:I'm wondering if I should branch off and name it something else so that noobbotter can continue his own version if he wants as there might be some incompatibilities? But then it is based on his work. But then it is a complete rewrite. I still haven't decided.
IMO, it's probably better to make an independent one if it's a complete rewrite. Would be less confusing for other people. And then you can just mention his work in the credits section of the code. "Inspired by noobbotter's worldtraveler userfunction" or something like that.

rock5

#84 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:30 am

I've encountered a bit of an issue. I'd like to be able to handle links that are automatically enabled but it's a bit tricky. Eg. I was thinking of adding Ayren Caravan in the hub link because it offers an alternate way to get to Lyk. Now if Ayren hasn't been visited before then the function will say it can't reach it but the link is automatically available at Reifort. So if you can reach Reifort then you can reach Ayren. The same is true for Dalanis. If Dalanis gets marked as not visited then you wouldn't be able to reach Southern Janost, for example. But of course if you have been to Obsidian then it can go to Dalanis via the envoys.

This means I'm concidering adding an optional override value to the connections which will increase the complexity. This is what an entry looks like at the moment.

Code: Select all

Rorazan                  = {Zone=22, Npc={Id=118219, X=-20708, Z=-22750, Y=564}, ConnectsTo={"Varanas,Silverspring","Dalanis,Thunderhoof","Chrysalia"}},
2 bits of information are usually needed for a connection; the destination and the option string if teleporting. I've set it up so most locations, and the option strings to get there, have the same name so you don't need to specify both, such as Crysalia in the example above. From Rorazan both Varanas and Dalanis use different strings (Silverspring and Thunderhoof Hills) so the option strings are included.

I think adding a possible third value is starting to become too unclear. So if I add this option I'm thinking of switching to a subtable even though it would make the node table longer. Eg.

Rorazan                  = {Zone=22, Npc={Id=118219, X=-20708, Z=-22750, Y=564}, 
		ConnectsTo={
			{Node="Varanas",Option="Silverspring"},
			{Node="Dalanis",Option="Thunderhoof"},
			{Node="Chrysalia"}}}
Then I could add a 3rd option easily.

Or maybe I can just make a separate table of overrides. There wouldn't be that many. We just need to concern ourselves with links that go to hub nods. Eg.

overrides.Reifort.AyrenCaravan = true
overrides.DalanisOsidianEvnoy.Dalanis = true
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kenzu38

#85 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:48 am

To me, it looks like an overrides table is the better option. But that's just me.

Anyway, just curious, is it possible to make it like the useGoodie function that also looks for names (like zonenames and NPC names)?

rock5

#86 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:08 am

kenzu38 wrote:Anyway, just curious, is it possible to make it like the useGoodie function that also looks for names (like zonenames and NPC names)?
Yes, that's what I intend to do.

kenzu38

#87 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:25 am

Nice to hear that. Looking forward to the new function.

Cindy

#88 Post by Cindy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Yeah make new one, call it Rocktrip (play on roadtrip)

rock5

#89 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Cindy wrote:Yeah make new one, call it Rocktrip (play on roadtrip)
Funny. I'm more of the practical name sort of person. I was always surprised that seeing as noobboters userfunction is called worldtraveler, why didn't he call the function "travelTo"? "travel" implies going some distance whereas "takemeto" has no sense of distance, it has the same feel as "moveTo". Currently I'm calling it "travelTo" and I like it.

newton666

#90 Post by newton666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:17 am

hi rock haveing a problem useing noobbotter's traveler. All was working fine before the newpatch.The problem that im haveing is that when i use snoop from logar to varanas central plaza it will stop after teleporting to varanas snoop . It says "not close enough to nearest transporter npc:Lieve." And i would need to move the alt manully for the scripte to continue.

<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="-746" z="-5946" y="33">speed(60)	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  2 --><waypoint x="-890" z="-5950" y="34">speed(60)	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  3 --><waypoint x="-1027" z="-5955" y="36">speed(60)	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  4 --><waypoint x="-1128" z="-5959" y="36">speed(60)	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-1152" z="-5855" y="41">speed(60)	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  6 --><waypoint x="-1172" z="-5672" y="42">speed(60)	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  7 --><waypoint x="-1169" z="-5549" y="38">takemeto("VaranasCentral");  
      LoginNextChar()
      loadProfile()
      loadPaths(__WPL.FileName); </waypoint>
</waypoints>
I tried to adding another line so after he teleports to varanas snoop he would then move closer to transporter npc:Lieve and then got VaranasCentral.
but he still dosnt move from varanas snoop.

rock5

#91 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 am

If you do a search for "Lieve" you would find this
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 219#p50219

And for Dalanis and Rorazan
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 226#p50226

rock5

#92 Post by rock5 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 am

I've been thinking of adding transport skills. At the moment it would be easy enough for a user, who has never been to Obsidian, to recall to Reifort first then do a "travelTo('Dalanis')" just as an example. But it would be easy enough to do automatically. If the function can't find a path from the nearby teleporter (or even if you are not near a teleporter) it could check if it can get to the destination via one of the transport skills. If so, it transports first, assuming it's not on cooldown, then starts the traveling. That means as soon as you get your second class you could successfully 'travelTo' Dalanis from any location. What do you think?

lolita

#93 Post by lolita » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:13 am

Hi all again :D
I'm back in game, so fixed noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction for 5.0.10 + game version
until rock5 relese his version, you can use this one :P

-- ** Added transport to/from Syrbal Pass. Keyword "SyrbalPass" (wasnt able to test it, cose zone is no open yet on Nexon server)
-- ** Fixed Varanas, Obsidian, Rorazan and Thunderhoof teleport node's for patch 5.0.10
-- ** Changed Obsidian to Rorazan travel path
-- **===== befor (any Sqaere => Obsidian Dalanis Envoy => move to Dalanis Snoop => Rorazan)
-- **===== now (any Sqaere => Obsidian Snoop => Rorazan)

Report bug's, if there is any
Enjoy
Attachments
userfunction_worldtraveler.lua
v 1.5 for 5.0.10+ game verison
(73.53 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Last edited by lolita on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a journey, not destination :D

zeljomir

#94 Post by zeljomir » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:52 am

ty lolita

rock5

#95 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am

lolita wrote:until rock5 relese his version, you can use this one :P
LoL. It's ready now. I'm just going to go post it in a separate topic with a new name, it's radically different from this function.

rock5

#96 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:47 am

You can find my new function here.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 321#p50321

Be sure to read the new features list at the bottom of the page.

kenzu38

#97 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:09 pm

lolita wrote:Hi all again :D
I'm back in game, so fixed noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction for 5.0.10 + game version
until rock5 relese his version, you can use this one :P

Report bug's, if there is any
Enjoy
Nice, thanks for updating this userfunction, lolita.

For me, it's always nice to have a backup so I still downloaded your version.