Rock5's Mail Mods

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
noobbotter

Re: Rock5's Mail Mods

#581 Post by noobbotter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am

I've noticed similar things. When trying to send a lot of items (like 6 items each to 16 different characters) after sending about 60, it starts hanging up where it cant send any more. Initially it would relog and then try again, but I found that relogging wasn't helping it to send, so I found the part in the userfunction where it calls the relog and commented it out, and inserted a 10 or 15 second rest instead. This helps because it doesn't waste the time of relogging, but it still doesn't immediately allow me to mail more stuff. It seems like as time goes by, some slots become available(??? - wording???) and it will send 1 to 3 more items and then start hitting a wall again. sometimes I'll just hit the pause key and work on something else for 10 minutes, then come back and resume and it will send quite a few more items.

I wish I knew what causes this. It will eventually send all the items but it acts as if there's a limit of number of mails that can be sent by a character within a certain time frame or something.

Also, on some of my lower level characters I see the problem quite often of not being able to open their mailbox. Yesterday for example, I log on one of them for the first time that day and manually try to open the mailbox and nothing happened. Then I tried again and got the message to close the mailbox first or something like that. I tried running RoMScript("UMMFrame:Hide()"); from a command line but that didn't help. Is that the bug you were mentioning? So how do you resolve that?

Thanks.

rock5

#582 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:18 pm

The 60 mail limit is a known issue and seems to be a limit set by the game. This is why we have it relog, as relogging fixes it and it is able to send another 60. The 240 limit and the message that says "You still cannot do this" seems to be something different. So far it seems that if you get this message, relogging doesn't work but maybe restarting the client does. That's still not confirmed though.

That mail box issue happens when you log off a character without closing the mailbox first then log into another account, on the same client, and try to access the mailbox. Try to remember to close the mailbox before changing character but, if you forget, you can use

Code: Select all

/script MailFrame:Show()
That's the command for in-game. It will open the original mailbox. Close it, then you will be able to open the UMM mailbox. If the problem happed because of a waypoint file that ends at a mailbox, remember to add a

RoMScript("CloseAllWindows()")
after doing your mailing and before changing character.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#583 Post by noobbotter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Ok, I'll make some changes and try it out tonight. Thanks.

ZZZZZ

#584 Post by ZZZZZ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Changing zone completely or exiting/entering your house also fix's the 60 limit issue as well. Could be faster the do that in come cases.

Ego95

#585 Post by Ego95 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Changing zone completely or exiting/entering your house also fix's the 60 limit issue as well. Could be faster the do that in come cases.
This is what I wanted to let the bot do instead of relogging. But rock, didn't got the time to do some test because of that "You still cannot do this" message. Hopefully i'll get some time today.

rock5

#586 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Do you think "Changing zone completely or exiting/entering your house" will fix the "You still cannot do this" message when relogging doesn't? Changing zone completely or exiting/entering your house is not something I can get the UMM userfunction to do because the steps you can take would be different at every mailbox. Maybe I could add an option that allows the user to specify what steps to take if it fails. Some thing like

<onload>
function myfunction()
    __WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointIndex("Exit Zone and return"))
end
UMM_SetRecoveryFunction(myfunction)
</onload>
<waypoint ... tag="Mailbox"> 
    UMM_Send...()
</waypoint

<waypoint ... tag="Exit Zone and return"> </waypoint>
<waypoint ...> </waypoint>
<waypoint ...> </waypoint>
<waypoint ...> __WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointIndex("Mailbox")) </waypoint>
What this does is, it sets the recovery function in the onload. Then at the mailbox, if it fails, it will run the recovery function (instead of relogging) which could do anything but in this case it goes to the waypoint that takes it out of the zone and then back again to try mailing again.

The problem with this is it can't continue where it left off like it can when it relogs. I think this will only be a problem if you are trying to send a certain number of items, in which case you will have to take extra steps to make sure you don't send too many items. Eg.

if itemsleft and itemsleft > 0 then
    UMM_SendByNameOrId("recipient","item name",itemsleft)
else
    itemnumber = inventory:itemTotalCount("item name")
    UMM_SendByNameOrId("recipient","item name",10)
    itemsleft = 10 - (itemnumber - inventory:itemTotalCount("item name"))
end
Of course this option would only be for more advanced users. Beginners probably couldn't make it work.

What do you think?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#587 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 pm

I just did some testing and send 500 items but didn't get the "You still cannot do this" error so I don't think it is a limit, per se. More likely it's just a bug.

In regards to this error, I actually posted a version that is supposed to handle this error by restarting the client if you have the login userfunction installed. http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 051#p55051 I don't think I've had any confirmation that it works yet. If someone can confirm that it fixes the problem then I will post it on the first post.

ZZZZZ

#588 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 am

I usually get the 'You still cannot do this' error when mail fails to send and the bot makes it relog (not restart client). As soon as it get's back in and tries to send mail again it it comes up with that error. I had never seen that error when trying to mail 60+ items. I just got the error on an alt while trying to send only 6 different items, i got the usual 'Automation process failed - process halted.' then after when I tried to send those same items (manually so the bot wouldn't relog) i got 1 message about still not being able to do it followed by another Automation error, then 3rd time lucky they all sent off with no error. So not sure what is going on there.

rock5

#589 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:06 am

So it doesn't necessarily become permanently stuck, it can recover and still send the items. Interesting. If that was always the case we could make it wait until it does work. But I get from the other descriptions of the error that it's a more persistent error so that might not be a solution. Still, that it happened after 6 items supports the idea that it's a bug. What I read online seems to suggest it's a lag issue and may be more likely during peak usage.

Ego95

#590 Post by Ego95 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:45 pm

The mysterious "You still can't do this" bug didn't happen to me again. So I can't say, what it was exactly. Maybe something which is really not possible to fix.

But there's an option I would like to see in this userfunction :) We are able to send a specific amount of money. Would it be possible to send a percentage of your max money? For example you have got farming alts. After farming you want to send 95% of the gold to another character, because the alt itself needs a little bit of gold to use a teleporter to go back farming. You'll never know how much money it will farm. So when sending 95% it will have a little bit left.

Is something like this possible? :)

rock5

#591 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:01 pm

95% is not a good idea. You don't know how much gold your alts have made. A better idea is to decide how much to leave your alt and send the rest. Eg.

UMM_SENDMONEY (recipient, inventory.Money-3000)

ZZZZZ

#592 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:03 pm

I use

if gold > 1500000 then
			goldtosend = (gold - 200000)
			UMM_SendMoney(tosend, goldtosend)
		end
if you make it send gold as soon as it gets more than 200 or 300k it could end up sending only a few k every now and then, so i made it so it needs at least 1.5m before it mails anything.

Desmond

#593 Post by Desmond » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:30 pm

I need to send a stone what code is needed?

rock5

#594 Post by rock5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:42 pm

UMM_SendByNameOrId("Recipient name", "stone name", amount)

Example:

UMM_SendByNameOrId("Jack","Purified Fusion Stone",9)

Desmond

#595 Post by Desmond » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:27 am

Not working

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="-7173" z="-3962" y="131">
player:target_Object(117407); -- Почтовый ящик
sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);");yrest(1000);
UMM_SendByNameOrId("Nick","Purified Fusion Stone",9)
</waypoint>
</waypoints>

rock5

#596 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:40 am

What about it doesn't work? What does it do? What doesn't it do?

By the way, you do not need to target the mail box to use the mailing functions.

Desmond

#597 Post by Desmond » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:45 am

exactly but still does not send
Last edited by Desmond on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

#598 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 am

Does it target the mailbox? Does the mailbox open? Does it try to send? Does it select the stones for sending? Is there a message in MicroMacro saying why it doesn't send?

Desmond

#599 Post by Desmond » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:53 am

works thank you!

Desmond

#600 Post by Desmond » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Broken on the island elf island elf mail does not open sorry as iza probably another name