Bot not working with version 5.0.2.2565.en

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
abron1

Re: Bot not working with version 5.0.2.2565.en

#41 Post by abron1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:15 pm

well rock i am the User-PC/Administrator and i have all access to the files i have switched owners of the file starting with the main file runes of magic so all the changes will take affect on the sub folders in side i have also change the setting in the addon/interface folder i dragged the ingamefuctions fold from the devtools folder in MM and still no luck lol. thanks for the help i am now going to take it to a computer guy so figure out why my changes won't take effect.. i also gave all users full access to the files and still no changes will take affect...now i am stumped and trust me i followed the steps a bunch of times to make sure i was covering everything..

rock5

#42 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:34 pm

After you copy the 'ingamefunctions' folder to the the 'interface/addons' folder what do you see in the 'interface/addons' folder?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

abron1

#43 Post by abron1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 pm

i see the file but when i log on to the game the it don't take the add on

rock5

#44 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:44 pm

It's not a file, it's a folder. Do you see the whole folder structure?

Code: Select all

Runes of Magic
    Interface
        Addons
            ingamefunctions
                .svn (hidden)
                igf_events.lua
                igf_events.xml
                ingamefunctions.lua
                ingamefunctions.toc
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

abron1

#45 Post by abron1 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:27 am

yes i see that inside the folder of the ingamefuctions folder

rock5

#46 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:41 am

If the folder stucture looks like that then it is installed. The best way to check if it is installed is after starting the game type

/script SendSystemChat(IGF_INSTALLED or "not installed")
That should type a number (latest version is 4) or "not installed" if not installed.

abron1

#47 Post by abron1 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:32 am

it printed 3

rock5

#48 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:48 am

Which means an old version of ingamefunctions is installed. I assume you tried deleting the folder and copying it over from a recently updated rom folder? So I don't know why it would still say 3.

The ingamefuntions folder in the games /interface/addons folder should be a svn folder. Have you tried right clicking it and selecting "SVN Update?

Another thing you could try is to create the ingamefunctions folder right there in the games interface/addons folder,

abron1

#49 Post by abron1 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:52 am

i deleted the folder created a new one and did svn checkout put the url in and ok it updated I log into the game typed

/script SendSystemChat(IGF_INSTALLED or "not installed")
to check if the changes has worked and it printed 3. rock your instuctions should have worked this time i mean i saw the folder up date and everything to 739 but it still prints a 3 the folder has the green check mark on it and i did a svn update to it and still no change to 4

rock5

#50 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:28 am

Are you sure you aren't getting folders mixed up? Do you have more than one installation of the game? Maybe the one you are updating is not the one you are starting.

abron1

#51 Post by abron1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 am

lisa had said some thing about it being compatability she fixed it some how maybe that can be the problem
It was an issue with Win 7 for me, at some stage I had changed the properties of a folder to "compatability mode". This created a copy of that folder which cannot be seen by the user and so no matter how many times you edited the files in the folder or even deleted them it would still do the same thing because the folder/files still existed in the background.

So I had to remove the "compatability mode" for that folder and it was fine again.
as far as i know its the only one i have and this is the folder that all my addons in the game are saved
but i have to extact them in the folder i can't just drag and drop them inside for some reason..

rock5

#52 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 am

Maybe you should do a Google search for "can't drag and drop" and see if you can find a solution for your problems. There seems to be a lot of things that can cause it.

We are bot developers not PC tech support. We are not the best people for solving PC problems.

abron1

#53 Post by abron1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:54 am

yeah rock i understand and i thank you for your help...

abron1

#54 Post by abron1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 pm

ok rock i guess i found out the problem...i made another addons folder and changed the name of the old one... and i just copied only the ingamefucntions folder in to the Rom/interface/addons folder and it works i guess its conflicting a addon or something so again thanks again

edit ok now i see what happen. rock you was right again... in one of my addons folder i must have accidently dragged the old ingamefucntions into one of my addons folders so when i put the new one in the game kept using the one that was inside that folder instead of the updated one... the way i found out was i was adding one add on at a time until one conflicted then i checked that folder and bam there it was..

rock5

#55 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:30 am

Well done for figuring it out yourself. As you can see, that's a problem I could never have figured out. I'll have to keep that in mind now. If someone is having addon problems, they may have accidentally copied files into the wrong folder. :)