Rock5's Mail Mods

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: Rock5's Mail Mods

#321 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:05 am

Yeah convinient mailbox could also be used inside instances, logging out wouldn't be desired.
That is the only place I used a convinient mailbox anyway, to boost up G/H from KS, in the end I decided it was to much effort to then get the items out of mailbox and sell them.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#322 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 am

I think the time it would take to send 180 items by mail would take way too long. I just checked it now while doing my testing just now. Takes about 25s per 30 slots and that is on the au server. It would probably take longer on a distant server. So that's about 2.5minutes. I'm not sure how long the round trip to Pancer is but it couldn't be much more than that, especially with the extra sell speed boost I've implemented. Add the fact that the furthur into ks the more sparse the mobs seem to be so the time per kill ratio is probably slower, your right it's not worth it.

The way you worded it though it sounds like it was increasing your G/H. How much of a difference did it make? If like me the party character is doing nothing, you could have it collecting mail and selling so collecting the mail wouldn't be much of a problem. Having to relog twice while sending 180 items would be a problem though.

All in all, a bad idea I think.

Ps. The selling boost I was talking about is to send items in batches instead of 1 per RoMScript. Still toying with the idea of adding it to the autosell function as it freezes the screen a bit and, I'm not sure but, possibly it's causing the store to close occasionly. Also I'm not sure how it will perform on pcs with low specs.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#323 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:17 am

Ok, done. Current version is 1.73. Worked perfectly during testing. After targeting a mailbox, if it fails to send, it relog, opens the mailbox and finishes sending the remaining items.

Convenient mailboxes should for the most part just fail to finish sending the items when the limit is reached. The only trouble is when you just targeted something such as an npc and then try to use the convenient mailbox. If you reach the send limit the mail function will think the npc is a mailbox and act accordingly. If using a convenient mail a "player:clearTarget()" beforehand should avoid any issues.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Alleexx

#324 Post by Alleexx » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm sending belts and rfs to my tiering bots using paid mailbox, and after a while the sending start to fail. Sometimes it's because the change channel get bugged and sometimes it just won't let me send anymore without relog, even if I've changed channels.
The problem is instead of reloging like it should it just gives me a yellow message telling me "Mailing delayed. No mailbox detected. Sending stopped.". Then it just keeps going down trying to send to all chars in charlist but only sends 2 mails to each char due to the sending limits ingame.

I have a player:clearTarget() before opening mailbox but it still doesn't detect that I use paid mailbox and won't relog.

And another question I have... Is there a way to make the bot check if there's still mails in the mailbox? As example if the mailbox is full (30 mails) then I want it to open the mailbox again to see if there are still mails left, and if there are I want it to take those as well.

rock5

#325 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 pm

As stated when I updated it, UMM isn't able to handle convenient mailboxes. You have to do your own code for that. Something like

Code: Select all

local beltcount = inventory:itemTotalCount("Excellent Belt")
local totalbeltstosend = 9
repeat
    ... code to open the mailbox
    local beltstosend = totalbeltstosend - (beltcount - inventory:itemTotalCount("Excellent Belt"))
    if beltstosend > 0 and UMM_SendByNameOrId("recipient","Excellent Belt",beltstosend ) == false then
        RoMScript("ChangeChar(CHARACTER_SELECT.selectedIndex)")
        waitForLoadingScreen() yrest(3000)
        player:update()
    else
        break
    end
until false
Maybe I can add support for convenient mailboxes. What's the code to open the convenient mailboxes?

lisa

#326 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:01 am

I did have a macro on my scout but I don't have an official client atm so can't log on it to look. So I'm not much help =(
I have official client on my work PC I might have a look later tonight, hmm except macros are stored locally? cant remember
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#327 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 am

Hopefully Alleexx will be able to answer.

I forgot to answer the second part of the post. You can get the mailcount. I would get it before teking the mail. If it = 30 then I would take the mail again.

repeat
    local mailcount = RoMScript("UMMMailManager.MailCount")
    UMM_TakeMail()
    if mailcount == 30 then
        ...close then open mail again
    end
until mailcount ~= 30
You would have to be careful your bag doesn't get full. That's why I didn't make it part of UMM.

Alleexx

#328 Post by Alleexx » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:56 am

The macro to open the convenient mailbox is: /Script OpenMail();
The macro to rent the mailbox is: /Script TimeFlagFrame:Show();

rock5

#329 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:38 am

How does that rent differ from the single use and 7 day convenient mailbox you can get from the item shop? Do you end up with an item in your inventory?

lisa

#330 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 am

rock5 wrote:How does that rent differ from the single use and 7 day convenient mailbox you can get from the item shop? Do you end up with an item in your inventory?
Nope it is just like renting bag space, you get options for the period and cost, pretty sure it was cheaper than using the item shop items aswell.
No item, you just use the function to open mail which allexxx posted.

Alleexx

#331 Post by Alleexx » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:56 am

I see lisa was faster. On my server you can't buy mailbox in item shop for dias. Only convenient mailbox in item shop is one for 50 rubies that allows you to open the mailbox 10 times.

Renting it from Rental management, /Script TimeFlagFrame:Show(); costs only 180 dias for 180 days and I've found that very worth getting. You can also rent portable bank for 80 dias for 180 days, and before you were able to rent portable auction house too but that has been disabled

rock5

#332 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 am

How about the item shop ones? The one time use ones would have to be used wouldn't they? How about the 7 day one? Do they need to be used or can you still use the above command?

Either way I'll have to find a command to get the rent time for the rent mailbox.

Alleexx

#333 Post by Alleexx » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:10 am

I'm not able to try the 7 day ones as they don't exist on my server but the one time use ones need to be used to open the mailbox. But as my character have also rented the one for dias I have no way to test if it works with /Script OpenMail(); as well

lisa

#334 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:29 am

Item shop ones are an actual inventory item and you use the item to open the mail intrerface.
Pretty sure anyway, been a while.

rock5

#335 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:32 am

I think I can get rented time using

TimeLet_GetLetTime("MailLet")
It's no trouble to use the one use ones but I need to know about the 7 day ones. Silly me, the desription says "right click to open mailbox". Edit: Thanks for the answer Lisa.

Ok, so I think I have everything I need. The logic will go like this.

1. Search for a mailbox nearby. If found target and open.
2. Else see if you are renting a mailbox. If so do OpenMail().
3. Else see if you have a 7 day mailbox in your inventory. If so, use.
4. Else see if you have a 1 use mailbox in your inventory. If so, use.
5. Else print message that it can't open mailbox.

By the way, I think I'll make it so you don't have to open the mailbox manually anymore. It will do it automatically. The reason I never did it before is because all the mailboxes have different Ids. But I've noticed that all the floating mailbox icons over the mailboxes use the same Id. So I can use the floating icon to find the mailbox.

rock5

#336 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 am

I'm also thinking about adding an easy to use renting function to rent mailboxes. Or maybr I'll create a separate renting userfunction for renting mailboxes or bank space (or auction house if available).

rock5

#337 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:55 am

I created an renting userfunction. Check it out!
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 872#p40872

rock5

#338 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:37 am

I've been thinking about one-use mailboxes and how they should be used. Do we really want to use them after reaching the sending limit? What if we only have 1 item left to send, do we want it to relog and use another one-use mailbox just to send 1 item? I was thinking of leaving them out when deciding to relog to continue sending. Or maybe I should add an option to use them after reloging or not so if a user doesn't care about wasting them, they can use the option.

I'm particularly interested in the opinions of any users that actually use the one-use mailboxes.

rock5

#339 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Updated the mail functions to version 1.80.

Changes include:
  • - Added support for rented mailboxes and convenient mailboxes.
    - Automatic opening of mailbox. You no longer need to open it yourself.
    - When reaching the sending limit it also relogs when using portable mailboxes.
    - When using single use convenient mailboxes, by default, it doesn't relog when reaching the sending limit because it might be wasteful. To relog anyway, execute "UMM_SetOneUseMailboxRelog(true)" before sending.

Alleexx

#340 Post by Alleexx » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 pm

It works perfectly now. Thanks alot rock!