Constellation (Zodiac) Pets

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
rock5

Re: faster looting, a lot of bodies

#21 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 am

That worked well but still, only 106 points. (with my version)

Edit: Got 118 that time. I think it just can't keep up when they max at the same time. Maybe I should be aiming for a ball size smaller than 2.5 so it has more time to get them.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

Re: Constellation (Zodiac) Pets

#22 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:36 am

rock5 wrote:They are 100% reversed.
Weird because they work 100% for me.

At the moment the colours are all messed up for me, watching it in slow motion really helps me see what is going on.

I changed them around to test, will have to be tomorrow.
Attachments
places.jpg
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 am

Did you try what I said? Start getpos and see which is which.

Anyway, I can get more than 100 easy but I think the targeting is a bit off, especially for the left and right side. Maybe the way you calculate the positions is not 100% correct.

I was thinking maybe it would be better to look straight down so there is less margin for error when clicking. I'll have to do some testing to see how best to make the targeting work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 am

I see what's wrong with the targeting. You have it as a percentage of the width of the window. If you change the width of the window the items in the window don't move. So I think you have to calculate the distance from the center of the window relavite to the height of the window.

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm

LoL, got 338 and 327 on AU server.

I was nearly going to release but I had another idea for a small tweak. Sorting the balls by size and doing the biggest first.

A problem is sometimes it doesn't cast and doesn't try again on that ball even though it has time. Just had another idea. How about looking for an offset for if it has been cast at. That will have to wait for tomorrow though.

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:42 pm

haven't tested but yeh pretty sure you are right about the positioning. Issue I had in my mind was that I wasn't targeting the object I was targeting a set position set by me.

rock5 wrote:I see what's wrong with the targeting. You have it as a percentage of the width of the window. If you change the width of the window the items in the window don't move. So I think you have to calculate the distance from the center of the window relavite to the height of the window.
I thought the fraction of screen size would work on any screen size, hmmmm. Even if your screen is twice as big you still see the same thing on screen, it is just bigger, right?

--=== edit ===--

Changed around the position and first run did 140, not a single -1. So yeah that was my issue the whole time lol
second run 129, all +1 and +2

yeah I see what you mean by size, it doesn't just change size of what you see by changing screen res, you see more by making it bigger.
Probably just do a distance from middle of screen, char will always be middle of screen.

It has been fun and all but since you don't get any bonus elements from a high score it will still take the same time to get a good pet and AT charges.
243 Elements = 81 Stardusts = 27 Star Sands = 9 Star Stones = 3 Star Diamonds
so 2 months to get to this stage of doing it every day.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#27 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:15 pm

This is the buff "score" if you want to do anything with it, level is the actual score.

Code: Select all

2:      table: 05672AF8
        Name:   Score
        Id:     622830
        Level:  130
        TimeLeft:       -1
        Count:  1

--=== Edit ===--
This is my last version, won't be doing anyore work on it, scores on average 135, for best results change screen res to 800X600 and zoom out to almost max. Uses the machine next to guild daily board. Doesn't start event, you can do the click and then start it up lol
Back to D3 for me lol
elepetevent.xml
My last version, won't be doing anymore work on it.
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:21 pm

lisa wrote:I thought the fraction of screen size would work on any screen size, hmmmm. Even if your screen is twice as big you still see the same thing on screen, it is just bigger, right?
My version calculates it from the middle as a percent of the height and it works perfectly in any resolution.
lisa wrote:Changed around the position and first run did 140, not a single -1. So yeah that was my issue the whole time lol
second run 129, all +1 and +2
Wow not a single -1! I always get -1s, even when getting a score over 200 or even 300. I think it's mainly to do with if it fails to cast it doesn't know so doesn't try again. I'm hoping I'll find an offset for if it has been cast to. That should make a huge difference.
lisa wrote:It has been fun and all but since you don't get any bonus elements from a high score it will still take the same time to get a good pet and AT charges.
243 Elements = 81 Stardusts = 27 Star Sands = 9 Star Stones = 3 Star Diamonds
so 2 months to get to this stage of doing it every day.
How about those bonus items you get for getting a high score? What do you get for those? Didn't the OP say you could get extra Elements?
lisa wrote:This is the buff "score" if you want to do anything with it, level is the actual score
Can't think of any use for it off the top of my head. Maybe to tell if the game is over? I've been just checking if there are no balls then game is over but maybe that would be better.
lisa wrote:for best results change screen res to 800X600 and zoom out to almost max. Uses the machine next to guild daily board. Doesn't start event, you can do the click and then start it up lol
My current version does everything for you, starts the game sets the zoom, sets the angle and hides the UI so no frames get in the way. :)
lisa wrote:Back to D3 for me lol
And thank you so much for your work. You know me, I can never be bothered to start a project. But when someone starts it, I come in and take over. :D

lisa

#29 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 am

It was a good little challenge and a nice way to show off the click to cast skill usage.

Mine didn't get any -1 because it just does the orb regardless of how big it is, yours will probably miss some because it is looking for when the orbs are big.

End of the day though getting them when big will always end up with a higher score at the end.

There is probably a really complicated way to determine where to click the skill according to direction and such, to much effort for me to bother with ;)

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:20 am

Damn it they changed the coordinates by a bit so now it's playing havoc with my script. :x

lisa

#31 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:44 am

rock5 wrote:Damn it they changed the coordinates by a bit so now it's playing havoc with my script. :x
LOL

I had a very similar issue, it turned out that a yrest at the end of the while loop messed it up, I still have no idea why but it just made it not click any skills. I assumed the coords were off but I removed the yrest during the same event and bamm away it went.

Using the X value like I did was meant to be temp, I did the look for closest elemental thingy (not used in latest version) as I was going to set it up to work on any machine. I figure the angles are probably similar of not the same. That's why mine turned to face the machine which would be central.

rock5

#32 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:39 am

The problem with facing the machine is I can't see any easy way to set the Y angle without doing some math that I couldn't be bothered doing. I was thinking if setting up a table of different sets of values for each machine and just using the set that matches the machine.

BTW. I had no luck finding an offset for if a ball had been clicked. If fact the memory seems screwy. After the ball is clicked the addresses often get switched and an address that was used for a smaller id gets used for the bigger ids. In the end I could see no clear pattern. My next idea is just to make a table of balls that are bigger than the ball size setting and clicking them in order from biggest to smallest and repeat.

Still trying things out.

lisa

#33 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:07 am

rock5 wrote: My next idea is just to make a table of balls that are bigger than the ball size setting and clicking them in order from biggest to smallest and repeat.
That sounds like the way to go, do your "scan" sort them in order of biggest to smallest and then just go through all 5, rinse and repeat.
At the start it might not seem efficient but a few rounds into it and they all start to respawn almost together it will work nicely, you can add in a small delay between rounds (to allow them to grow a little) for testing if it gets better scores or not.

Honestly if you can get 300+ score then I'd be happy with that, I doubt it is humanly possible to get much higher than that.

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:20 am

Didn't work so good. Problem is if it doesn't stop casting to ones it already cast to then it struggles when they start going off all at once.

True I should be happy with 300. I got well over 300 a few times but still only got 2 rewards so I think 2 is the max. So no need to get more than about 215.

Still got a few more ideas to try.

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 am

Oooh, I all but gave up on finding an offset for if a ball is clicked but I found one. Set it up to use it and it just ran through with, litterally, not missing a single ball. Got 348. So that must be close to the theoretical maximum. Still only got 2 Universal Components.

Now just to adjust the settings a bit, tidy up, and release.

rock5

#36 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 am

Ok here's my version.

Latest version here
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 859#p38859

This version does everything. You don't have to zoom out or change anything. Just stand near any Converter and start the script. It will adjust your zoom, camera angle and even hide the UI to make sure no frames are in the way. It will start the converter click the balls and exit the script when finished. It also includes a few user options that you can change if you want.

PauseBetweenCasts = 300	-- In ms
BallSizeToClick = 2.0 	-- Values between 0.5 and 2.5
You can fiddle with these but with these values I was getting good results on both low ping and high ping servers.

BTW, you can get 2 titles with this game.
  • 1. "There is nothing I cannot break!" - You get this by messing up real bad. You can cause it to happen by setting the last option at the top of the file

local GetFailureTitle = true
    2. "Machine Operator!" - I got this on scores higher than 370. At these scores you also get a 3rd Universal Component. I was only able to get these scores on local servers with faster pings. Highest score so far - 402. 8-)

lisa

#37 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 pm

the extra items you get will give +4 elemental things and some certificate which you hand in for some reward, I didn't bother to see what reward was.

Testing yours and I am getting a "pause" 3 or 4 times during the event, seems like it is stuck in a loop for a couple of seconds, no idea what is causing it as yet, might just be lag aswell.

ran it twice and got 140 and 205 scores.

--=== edit ===--
changed it to 500 pause and worked fine, scored 366.

So you can get 16 element things a day. So 16 days to get the 243 you need for tier 5 pet.

kkulesza

#38 Post by kkulesza » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:15 pm

OMG this script is awesome.
My record is 444 points, but still i get only 3 universal components.
I've found that lowering view distance helps a lot.
So i've set it to 190. It can't be too low because then bot can't see/hit balls.

ViewDistanceSlider_SetValue(190);
Tomorrow i'll experiment with lowering screen resolution, and cleaning Varanas bridge models.

lisa wrote:the extra items you get will give +4 elemental things and some certificate which you hand in for some reward
You need 6 certificates to exchange them for a reward.
This reward is usually a crap, but sometimes you get "Pet Crystal".
You need this Pet Crystal to make a zodiac pet.

P.S. I've just made my first "Summoning Stone - Newborn Gemini Pet" :)
It is Item shop Item and i can keep it in IS bag.
When summoned first time that day it gives me 3h buff (+20% drop and exp,TP from mobs).
That buff is called "Star Spirit Blessing".
So IMO it doesn't exclude with buffs from other kinds of pets. Wihch is good :)
Last edited by kkulesza on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisa

#39 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Ahh so it's not an egg pet, it is like the frog pet you got from the anniversary event or the cactus one.

I was tempted to run this daily but then I realised I don't have the 260 odd charges needed for the tier 5 pet lol

rock5

#40 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:27 am

lisa wrote:Testing yours and I am getting a "pause" 3 or 4 times during the event, seems like it is stuck in a loop for a couple of seconds, no idea what is causing it as yet, might just be lag aswell.

ran it twice and got 140 and 205 scores.
Is it possible it is waiting for the balls to grow? And those scores are pretty low. To tell you the truth when I ran this on the EU servers I had pings of around 600 and still getting over 300 points, so I'm assuming you weren't using your AU accounts and your pings were even worse. It's good to see you were able to use the options to improve the performance. You should try it on your au accounts.
lisa wrote:So you can get 16 element things a day. So 16 days to get the 243 you need for tier 5 pet.
How do you get 16 a day? I could only run it once per character.
kkulesza wrote:My record is 444 points, but still i get only 3 universal components.
Congrat's!. From what I understand you get the first Universal Component at around 105, the second around 210 and the third around 360. So if it is possible to get another it will probably be around 500 which might not be possible.
kkulesza wrote:I've found that lowering view distance helps a lot.
So i've set it to 190. It can't be too low because then bot can't see/hit balls.

ViewDistanceSlider_SetValue(190);
I never messed with that command. Sounds like you have a performance challenged PC :). Does lowering the view distance, lower than the default minimum of 400, make a noticable improvement? I'm sure the view distance has no affect on the bot detecting mobs, it just affects the scenery. I don't know if the balls count as scenery but I suspect the bot should be able to 'see' anything it need to interact with, even if the view distance is set to 0. On second thought I suspect the view distance only affects whats seen on the screen and not any of the games mechanics.
kkulesza wrote:You need 6 certificates to exchange them for a reward.
This reward is usually a crap, but sometimes you get "Pet Crystal".
You need this Pet Crystal to make a zodiac pet.
P.S. I've just made my first "Summoning Stone - Newborn Gemini Pet"
It is Item shop Item and i can keep it in IS bag.
When summoned first time that day it gives me 3h buff (+20% drop and exp,TP from mobs).
That buff is called "Star Spirit Blessing".
So IMO it doesn't exclude with buffs from other kinds of pets. Wihch is good
That's all good info to know. So once you get a pet crystal you start leveling it up? So at each level you can still use the pet? So it gives a 3h buff once a day. Not as appealing as I'd hoped. At the moment I don't bother going to my house to get luck pots because it takes too long, and that's a 75% pot. I just settle for the 240% luck from my loot runes. I guess seeing as you always carry it with you it would be no bother to use it for the first 3 hours of a day so it might still be worth it.