opening more than one client at the same time

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: opening more than one client at the same time

#21 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:01 am

Administrator wrote:I'm kind of stuck at this point. I still haven't figured out a way to fully automate the login and character selection without the need of an addon. Any ideas?
I don't know what the process control functions are capable of. What we need is to be able to get the controls in the window so that we can get current values and change them. Is there any way to get and manipulate controls in a window?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#22 Post by Administrator » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:47 am

rock5 wrote:
Administrator wrote:I'm kind of stuck at this point. I still haven't figured out a way to fully automate the login and character selection without the need of an addon. Any ideas?
I don't know what the process control functions are capable of. What we need is to be able to get the controls in the window so that we can get current values and change them. Is there any way to get and manipulate controls in a window?
Yes, but the problem there is that the game's GUI doesn't use them. It is all custom GUI code, so we would pretty much have to hook *every* GUI function inside the client in order to directly throw an event at it.

kx9488

#23 Post by kx9488 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Administrator wrote: Yes, but the problem there is that the game's GUI doesn't use them. It is all custom GUI code, so we would pretty much have to hook *every* GUI function inside the client in order to directly throw an event at it.
G.D. hooks!!

I really do appreciate you both for trying to make this happen upon request,

apologies for my inactivity in this topic, my 2 month old computer's water cooler crapped out, had to RMA it and send the whole dang tower to CyberPowerPC because they won't warranty the install if i do it myself, have been without my toy...hopefully they give me a new CPU...

anyway,

if this is where the fun ends for auto log-in management i would greatly appreciate the prog/script that can simply batch start the clients, if either of you got that far. something like that would act the same as NoCheckVersion

I wish i knew something about hooks, i would also like to hook out grapichs to cut down on RAM usage.... if only

thanks again :)

kanta

#24 Post by kanta » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:55 pm

kx9488 wrote:
Administrator wrote: I wish i knew something about hooks, i would also like to hook out grapichs to cut down on RAM usage.... if only
Well, there's a mod you can get called "removespelleffects". It replaces certain graphic textures with empty files to reduce strain on your graphics card. You can do a search for "edit graphics" on the rompros site, there's a thread explaining how to edit/remove textures from the game (the objects are still there you just can't see them).
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66