Are there any other ways to select a target?

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
tanwk

Are there any other ways to select a target?

#1 Post by tanwk » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:29 am

I'm playing this game where the colors are not very clear nor clear enough to differentiate and there isn't any keyboard keys to select nearby targets. Is there any other way which I can select my targets?

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Are there any other ways to select a target?

#2 Post by Administrator » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am

You could read/write memory. First find the pointer to the currently selected monster. This is typically going to be either a pointer itself (to the monster's class), or a unique ID. Once you find it, you can read the memory to tell if a monster is selected (most games will use 0 or some other reserved number to mean that you don't have anything selected). If you then find the IDs of a few nearby monsters, you can add these to a list, then use memoryWriteInt/memoryWriteIntPtr to target one of them, then attack. Check the PW bot for an example.

3cmSailorfuku

Re: Are there any other ways to select a target?

#3 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:00 am

tanwk wrote:I'm playing this game where the colors are not very clear nor clear enough to differentiate and there isn't any keyboard keys to select nearby targets. Is there any other way which I can select my targets?
What game?

Perhaps you could do the same as I did, though I don't really suggest it. If you hover over an Monster and something does change (Like the colour does change, a circle appears etc) then also the value of an adress will change, so you could abuse that to find out if the current mouse points to a monster or not. Though if you want to use Pixel detection there are also ways to extract the textures ingame and replace them with a texture which is like Green etc.