Help with Mage Rotation

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
BBock727

Help with Mage Rotation

#1 Post by BBock727 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 am

I am looking to set up a mage rotation but I am not sure how priority works. It seems to be quite random even when priorities are placed in succession ie. 100, 90, 80.

These are the spells/skills I want to cast:

<skill name="MAGE_FLAME" hotkey="VK_3" priority="100" />
<skill name="MAGE_FIREBALL" hotkey="VK_5" priority="100" />
<skill name="MAGE_LIGHTNING" hotkey="VK_6" priority="90" />
<skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB" hotkey="VK_4" priority="80" />
<skill name="MAGE_ELEMENTAL_CATALYST" hotkey="VK_2" priority="30" inbattle="true" />

I want to cast Flame then Fireball immediately, then Lightning (which will stun the mob), then Flame over and over, unless mob gets to melee range, then shadowstab.

I know its a bit more complicated and I am attempting to learn to code this on my own, but any help would be appreciated!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Help with Mage Rotation

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:05 am

And what's the problem? I assume you are generally not using shadowstab because fireball or flame have precedence. Priority is simply the order in which skills are checked for use, continuing down the chain as each one is out of range/not enough mana/on cooldown/etc. Give shadowstab highest priority so it's actually being used, and leave fireball, flame, and lightning as default priority.

BBock727

#3 Post by BBock727 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:39 am

Actually the problem is that it hardly ever uses lightning which needs to be after the pull with both fire spells. I cant seem to find a pattern either, seems totally random.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:07 am

It will use lightning with certain pre-programmed situations. Those being that the target is not too far away nor too close (between 75 and 150 units), has above a certain % of HP (as in, isn't about to die in another 1 or 2 hits anyways, because that would be wasteful), and a few other conditions. Try setting range="200" for it and see if that fits your need better.

d003232

#5 Post by d003232 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:19 am

BBock727 wrote:Actually the problem is that it hardly ever uses lightning which needs to be after the pull with both fire spells. I cant seem to find a pattern either, seems totally random.
As admin wrote, check the conditions of the spell. There is also a debug option (see the wiki here) that will help you to see the reason why a skill is not been used.

And perhaps you should add some conditions to avoid the use of a skill (e.g. like maxuse=1 to use Fireball only one in a fight). See more options here.

And at last, you can combine different skills directly in the '<onSkillCast>' event. (see working with events).
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!