Karos Online open beta dec 4th

Ask questions about cheating in any games you would like. Does not need to pertain to MicroMacro.
Abul

Karos Online open beta dec 4th

#1 Post by Abul » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:40 am

Hey, i haven't been on this site for a while...Since I quit RoM...(If you want my account Admin feel free to msg me and I'll happily give you my..rogue/ranger lvl ~35)

Oh Shit..back on topic... Just seeing if there would be any like minded gamers out there who would like to take this game by storm when released... And Yea, like other games on this site set up a botting page for it.

looking forward to any responses...

Thanks.

p.s I've not played CB yet but from what i've seen it seems like a fairly well made game...with a crafting system and guilds and etc etc...

Game site is: http://www.karosgame.com/

ha, hopfully we can form a formidable guild right at the get go.

Ciao :)
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Karos Online open beta dec 4th

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:56 am

This actually looks quite decent, unlike most of the trash MMOs turned out every month. I might give it a shot. There is such a lack of information on their site which is beyond annoying. Which classes are there to choose from? Are different races allied or at war with each other? Is there a list of skills for each class?

3cmSailorfuku

#3 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:44 am

It's not really good, much more like the generic korean grinding game. You'd be better off playing Lineage 2, Rappelz or SUN.

C9 is decent, not this. I uninstalled it like 5 minutes right after playing it because its really really plain.

Abul

#4 Post by Abul » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:21 am

Where you one of the CB testers?

The game is apparently a German made one so I'm guessing it wont follow the typical mmo churn out like most others. Obviously some overlaps with all mmo's exist.

I think you should have given it more of a chance than dismissing it before its even released into open beta, heh but whatever its your opinion.

ummm, also simply because the interface seems to be a fairly close copy of what is in runes of magic i thought it might be appropriate to have it shown here...

oh yea the classes are

HUMAN -> Swordsman
-> Spearman

SHADOW -> Rogue -> Assassin
-> Duelist
->Sorceress -> Banshee
->Spellbinder
SEROINE -> Bowmistress -> Archer
-> Ranger
Mystic -> Mage
-> Cleric
and theres also another un announced class...

Also, thanks for your interest ha :D
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

3cmSailorfuku

#5 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 am

Abul wrote:Where you one of the CB testers?

The game is apparently a German made one so I'm guessing it wont follow the typical mmo churn out like most others. Obviously some overlaps with all mmo's exist.

I think you should have given it more of a chance than dismissing it before its even released into open beta, heh but whatever its your opinion.

ummm, also simply because the interface seems to be a fairly close copy of what is in runes of magic i thought it might be appropriate to have it shown here...

oh yea the classes are

HUMAN -> Swordsman
-> Spearman

SHADOW -> Rogue -> Assassin
-> Duelist
->Sorceress -> Banshee
->Spellbinder
SEROINE -> Bowmistress -> Archer
-> Ranger
Mystic -> Mage
-> Cleric
and theres also another un announced class...

Also, thanks for your interest ha :D
Yes I was since the CB1. However, GALAXYGATE, which developed Karos Online are koreans and NOT germans. Thats why NHN was the first to aquire it's license for Hangame, or else BURDA INC would be chopping moni of it now in Europe.

The gameplay is very much like Lineage 2 and SUN, even more plain. It's mostly "Kill 20 of those, those and those" or "Gather Item A and B", there is no other variety this and you will find yourself mostly just grinding. Much more to the amusement, the classes are very similiar to Lineage 2 (except the 3rd jobs) and the GUI reminds me alot of SUN, especially the crafting GUI looks identical to it. The similrarity is easy explained though, lead developers/desginers on Last Chaos joined GALAXYGATE afterwards.
Im not "dismissing" anything, but the open beta release won't have a different core gameplay. It's for fixing issues. If you enjoy killing 100000000 mobs for a level up it's up to you and indeed your opinion. For me, that is not enjoyable.

Abul

#6 Post by Abul » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:00 am

Hey, thanks for that information...I didn't know about much of that developer information, so thanks for taking your time to tell me that. I had a look at the other games your talked about... Is there any specific reason that they're better? Or could you give me the name of a good mmo in your oppinion?

I like playing newly opened beta's because it gives you the opportunity to be the strongest and the best in the server etc and your also experiencing the game for the '1st time' with everyone else. I dunno, just being able to be even with everyone else from the start of the game is good... It can be annoying starting a game when high lvl players are either pking you or ksing or have caused an in game economical crisis over time.

Ciao :)
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

Abul

#7 Post by Abul » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:58 am

Well just in case anyone's interested... The game has now entered open beta and is free to play and download :D
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

Abul

#8 Post by Abul » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:59 am

Oh god, the games failing pretty hard...Botters everywhere...like obviously and massing together.... Its turning into a grind fest......and the filter thig is a BITCH (ahh feals good to finally be able to say it again) I think...6 hours into it...and I'm Quitting. I'll try it later..after some patches.

Still, I'd like to learn some more of this micro macro scripting...kinda hard but looks likes its worth it.
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

Administrator
Site Admin

#9 Post by Administrator » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:24 am

Wow. Day 1 and it's filled with botters already? You see, here's the problem... The game developers like to blame the users for botting rather than themselves. They constantly turn out poorly-made, boring, repetitive grind-fest games and actually think software like GameGuard/XTrap will make people not bot. No, morons, you need to design your game in such a way that it's not just the same loop over and over again. see Dungeons and Dragons Online or League of Legends for examples.

Well, enough of my ranting again. Were there any good points to the game? How were the controls? The UI?

Abul

#10 Post by Abul » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 am

not really... LOl ....Um the download was from Aus gamers...which was good..very fast... Otherwise... The crafting system looked ok..didn't get into the game enough to test much of it out...looked reasonable but time consuming...Not enough skills...Just one of those games where you keep the same skill for 20 lvls then later get a gimped char because you need to spend some SP's on your new thing

A real shame... I was hoping I would have something good to play for the Holidays...What are you playing? or is it still RoM? Is Requiem any good? eh
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 am

I'm playing League of Legends now. It's fun, and free. Plus, I own people. I laugh when people complain about my sneaky ways of completely obliterating them before they knew what hit them.

3cmSailorfuku

#12 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:19 pm

Administrator wrote:I'm playing League of Legends now. It's fun, and free. Plus, I own people. I laugh when people complain about my sneaky ways of completely obliterating them before they knew what hit them.
It's not so free though, you have to pay for single premium heroes, for better items, etc and It's really unbalanced because p2p heroes are way stronger. I'd rather play HoN.
Administrator wrote:Wow. Day 1 and it's filled with botters already? You see, here's the problem... The game developers like to blame the users for botting rather than themselves. They constantly turn out poorly-made, boring, repetitive grind-fest games and actually think software like GameGuard/XTrap will make people not bot. No, morons, you need to design your game in such a way that it's not just the same loop over and over again. see Dungeons and Dragons Online or League of Legends for examples.

Well, enough of my ranting again. Were there any good points to the game? How were the controls? The UI?
Although you have to say that most companies are just aquiring the license for it and can't or do not want to make additions or complete rewrites of the server and client.
Thats why it's mostly covered up with "Protections" which doesnt fix the original flaws.

Anyway, you dont need to bot in Karos Online. You can hack pretty much in it, thats all I have to say.

Administrator
Site Admin

#13 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm

3cmSailorfuku wrote: It's not so free though, you have to pay for single premium heroes, for better items, etc and It's really unbalanced because p2p heroes are way stronger. I'd rather play HoN.
What do you mean? All heroes can be bought for IP, which you earn simply by playing games. Also, there's a weekly cycling of temporarily unlocked heroes (10 at a time), which anyone can play without unlocking. Obviously, winning a match gives you more IP. Runes can only be bought by IP, not cash shop points. The only thing that's truly cash shop only is skins that change the appearance of your character and exp/IP boosts, but those are not necessary. It's really not too bad. Many of the good champions (Evelynn, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Annie, Ryze, Sion, Tryndamere, Singed, Nasus, Fiddlesticks; many of which are generally considered over-powered) only cost 1,350 IP where a win will get you ~130 IP and a loss earns you ~65 IP.

HoN does look good, but I'm not sure if it's free or not. I keep hearing it's a one-time payment. Many people are saing that HoN looks better (and it does) but LoL has better gameplay.

so2easy

#14 Post by so2easy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Administrator wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote: It's not so free though, you have to pay for single premium heroes, for better items, etc and It's really unbalanced because p2p heroes are way stronger. I'd rather play HoN.
What do you mean? All heroes can be bought for IP, which you earn simply by playing games. Also, there's a weekly cycling of temporarily unlocked heroes (10 at a time), which anyone can play without unlocking. Obviously, winning a match gives you more IP. Runes can only be bought by IP, not cash shop points. The only thing that's truly cash shop only is skins that change the appearance of your character and exp/IP boosts, but those are not necessary. It's really not too bad. Many of the good champions (Evelynn, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Annie, Ryze, Sion, Tryndamere, Singed, Nasus, Fiddlesticks; many of which are generally considered over-powered) only cost 1,350 IP where a win will get you ~130 IP and a loss earns you ~65 IP.

HoN does look good, but I'm not sure if it's free or not. I keep hearing it's a one-time payment. Many people are saing that HoN looks better (and it does) but LoL has better gameplay.
I can agree with you on that.. played both games.. in HoN only graphics are better.. LoL pwnz more in gameplay and everything else. =]

Dota>LoL>HoN

Abul

#15 Post by Abul » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Gah...I'm not a fan of Dota... I play on Bored Aussies :D Vampirism ftw lol. Well anyways... nets been down for ages...cuz getting a new internet plan (10 gb on pean unlimited off peak {8am-8pm} which I think is pretty rapeage for AUs internet) But im Dling SUN now...I'll give you a heads up of what i think...If..anyone gives a fuck...lol
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT