Harvesting Proing: How-To Guide

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ghostslayer

Harvesting Proing: How-To Guide

#1 Post by ghostslayer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Well I must assume that gathering resources is somewhat better than gathering dailies, for low level bots it's better for sure.

So to begin, the path creating thing: You MUST have yGather (add-on) installed, it really helps a lot after some walking. So if you want fast and working path, use it and enable minimap option. After that run a little around where you want your bot to gather and change over all channels and make your run again the objective here is to get all gathering spots we can.

When you have enough info, it's time to use the yGather power. Choose a really good start spot where it's easy to remember it can even be inside town near something if you want. Start walking (don't forget to numpad1 constantly when you change your position and to avoid obstacles) and checking your minimap, you see the resource you go inside it and press numpad2 and when you see the colored dot in minimap you MUST get your blue dot inside the resource dot. Here's an e.g:

This is the Resource not avaliable now that I want to gather: Image And here I'm inside it: Image

When doing this you make sure that you are really very near to this resource.
After that, a really important thing: The camera and Mouse Area.

You must try to keep your camera as far as possible (don't forget that if your camera is stucked because a tree for example, you can rotate it and you always come from different location to the same place).
And your mouse area must be really big.. I'm using these values atm:

Code: Select all

<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_WIDTH" value="10" />   	-- steps horizontal
		<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_HEIGHT" value="8" />  	-- steps vertical

and its working pretty well (1024x768 windowed) you can get it even higher, specially the width.

To finish, as already said before, create as many paths as you can. My path has almost 200 entries (including walk only) and it isn't still perfect.

Remember:Your path will never be too perfect, by the way, doing like I said it will make your harvesting really good and path creating faster

Good luck,

ghost.
Last edited by ghostslayer on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

d003232

Re: Harvesting Proing: How-To Guide

#2 Post by d003232 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:25 pm

ghostslayer wrote: And your mouse area must be really big.. I'm using these values atm:

<onLoad>
		<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_WIDTH" value="200" />   	-- steps horizontal
		<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_HEIGHT" value="100" />  	-- steps vertical
	        </onLoad>
Thx for your work. You could also put infos directly to the wiki.

Some remarks:
  • put the options to the options settings, not to the <onload> event. In that form they will not be loaded in that event.
  • The values are much to high. The default for a scan step at 1024 is 60. 60*200 = 12000. That's really widescreen. :-)
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

droppen

#3 Post by droppen » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:09 pm

You can all so use GetCurrentParallelID() and ChangeParallelID(id); to change channel and the resources will be re spawned!
e.g:

<waypoint x="0" y="0">
id = RoMScript("GetCurrentParallelID()");
id = id + 1;
-- 3 is the number of channels on your server
if id == 3 then id = 1 end
RoMScript("ChangeParallelID("..id..")");

player:rest(3000); -- is this 30 seconds?

</waypoint>

ghostslayer

#4 Post by ghostslayer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:12 pm

d003232 wrote:Thx for your work. You could also put infos directly to the wiki.

Some remarks:
  • put the options to the options settings, not to the <onload> event. In that form they will not be loaded in that event.
  • The values are much to high. The default for a scan step at 1024 is 60. 60*200 = 12000. That's really widescreen. :-)
oh ok didnt notice this, thanks!