bot getting stuck regularly

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
starcraftfan87

bot getting stuck regularly

#1 Post by starcraftfan87 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:06 am

Recently my bot rotates left and right rapidily between every waypoint and 1 out of 4 times it runs the “unsticking player” function when the bot is on flat ground with no obstacles around. I haven’t botted for about a week, so I’m not sure if it’s a new patch issue or not.

Code: Select all

<profile>
	<options>

<option name="HP_LOW"        value="75" />
		<option name="MP_LOW_POTION" value="50" />
		<option name="HP_LOW_POTION" value="40" />
		<option name="POTION_COOLDOWN"    value="15" />

<option name="COMBAT_TYPE"        value="melee" />	
		<option name="COMBAT_RANGED_PULL" value="false" /> 
		<option name="COMBAT_DISTANCE"    value="200" />
		<option name="MAX_FIGHT_TIME"     value="15" />	
		<option name="DOT_PERCENT"        value="90" />
		<option name="ANTI_KS"            value="false" />

<option name="WAYPOINTS"		value="*********xml" />
		<option name="RETURNPATH"		value="*********.xml" />
		<option name="PATH_TYPE"		value="waypoints" />
		<option name="WANDER_RADIUS"		value="500" />
		<option name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION"	value="0" />
		<option name="QUICK_TURN" 		value="flase" />

<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_ABOVE" value="0" />
		<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW" value="0" />

<option name="LOOT"               value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_IN_COMBAT"     value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="100" />
		<option name="LOOT_PAUSE_AFTER"   value="0" />	

<option name="HP_REST" value="15" />
		<option name="MP_REST" value="15" />

<option name="LOGOUT_TIME" value="0" />
		<option name="LOGOUT_SHUTDOWN" value="false" />
		<option name="LOGOUT_WHEN_STUCK" value="true" />
		<option name="RES_AUTOMATIC_AFTER_DEATH" value="true" />
	</options>

<friends>
		<friend name="MyOtherCharacter1" />
		<friend name="MyOtherCharacter2" />
		<friend name="Elite_Mob_Name1" />
		<friend name="Elite_Mob_Name2" />
	</friends>

<hotkeys>
		<hotkey name="HP_POTION"    key="VK_MINUS" />
		<hotkey name="MP_POTION"    key="VK_PLUS" />
		<hotkey name="ATTACK"       key="VK_1" />
		<hotkey name="MACRO"        key="VK_0" />
	</hotkeys>

<skills_warrior>
		<skill name="WARRIOR_SNEAK_ATTACK" 	 hotkey="VK_2" priority="90"/>
		<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH"          hotkey="VK_3" priority="80" />
		<skill name="WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK" hotkey="VK_4" priority="70" />
		<skill name="WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK"	 hotkey="VK_5" priority="60" />
		<skill name="PRIEST_REGENERATE"      hotkey="VK_6" />
	</skills_warrior>

<onLoad>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute after loading the profile
		-- and before the bot starts. e.g. You could overwrite profile settings here
		-- like: settings.profile.options.HP_LOW = 80;
	</onLoad>

<onDeath>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute on death
		-- pauseOnDeath(); -- Stop the script
	</onDeath>

<onLeaveCombat>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute after killing an enemy
	</onLeaveCombat>

<onSkillCast>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute when casting a skill
		-- Note: arg1 contains the skill being used.
		-- i.e. arg1.Name will be the name of the skill being cast.
	</onSkillCast>
</profile>

d003232

Re: bot getting stuck regularly

#2 Post by d003232 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 am

starcraftfan87 wrote:Recently my bot rotates left and right rapidily between every waypoint and 1 out of 4 times it runs the “unsticking player” function when the bot is on flat ground with no obstacles around.
Check your movement keys and your ingame settings.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

starcraftfan87

#3 Post by starcraftfan87 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:55 am

hey d003232 thanks for the prompt reply,

I don't believe it is an in game setting because I have other bots that run the same path and they work fine. Also I've tried the bugged bot on a different computer and it has the same problem.

d003232

#4 Post by d003232 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:01 pm

starcraftfan87 wrote:hey d003232 thanks for the prompt reply,

I don't believe it is an in game setting because I have other bots that run the same path and they work fine. Also I've tried the bugged bot on a different computer and it has the same problem.
I run the actual SVN version without problems like that. So I suppose it is something with your configuration. Mostly stucks are a missconfiguration of the movement keys.

You can take a look into your log.txt to see, which keys the bot is using. And if they are loaded directly from the bindings.txt file or from your settings.xml. And the bot only use the first ingame key. So be sure that your movement keys for the bot ingame are at key 1, without modifier.

I don't understand what you mean with different Bots.

starcraftfan87

#5 Post by starcraftfan87 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:25 pm

I'll try to explain what I mean by different bots. I have several bots all with different accounts and names that run the exact same path but not at the same time, I like to alternate these bots as to reduce the chance of getting caught, all these bots are w/p class and are about the same level. They also share exactly the same profile.xml except for the name eg: botname1.xml, botname2.xml and so on. So this is why it is so confusing because my problem is only happening on one of these many bots, they should all share the same movement settings. Are there any settings that aren't global that could have changed on the one problem bot account.

i also ran SVN upadate as well as "rom/bot.lua update" and "rom/update.lua"

when i run "rom/bot.lua" it also says "We read hotkey settings from bindings.txt file instead of using the settings.xml file"

d003232

#6 Post by d003232 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 pm

starcraftfan87 wrote:I'll try to explain what I mean by different bots. I have several bots all with different accounts and names that run the exact same path but not at the same time, I like to alternate these bots as to reduce the chance of getting caught, all these bots are w/p class and are about the same level. They also share exactly the same profile.xml except for the name eg: botname1.xml, botname2.xml and so on. So this is why it is so confusing because my problem is only happening on one of these many bots, they should all share the same movement settings. Are there any settings that aren't global that could have changed on the one problem bot account.

i also ran SVN upadate as well as "rom/bot.lua update" and "rom/update.lua"

when i run "rom/bot.lua" it also says "We read hotkey settings from bindings.txt file instead of using the settings.xml file"
If you have only one RoM installation, the will all read the same bindings.txt . And you only have one bot installation?

starcraftfan87

#7 Post by starcraftfan87 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:49 pm

yes i only have one ROM installation, one copy of MicroMacro and one copy of the rombot on my computer. I have multiple profile.xml files for each of my ingame bots. So its strange that only one of my bots is acting like this. I will give u a move detailed explanation as well. When the bot reaches a waypoint instead of just turning in the direction of the next waypoint and continuing on its path it stands still for a second then it turns on the spot left and right really fast about 5-10 times then faces the next waypoint and continues. However some times after it does its turns on the spot it thinks its stuck and then runs "unsticking player" function when is it on flat ground with no obstacles around it.

d003232

#8 Post by d003232 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 pm

starcraftfan87 wrote:yes i only have one ROM installation, one copy of MicroMacro and one copy of the rombot on my computer. I have multiple profile.xml files for each of my ingame bots. So its strange that only one of my bots is acting like this. I will give u a move detailed explanation as well. When the bot reaches a waypoint instead of just turning in the direction of the next waypoint and continuing on its path it stands still for a second then it turns on the spot left and right really fast about 5-10 times then faces the next waypoint and continues. However some times after it does its turns on the spot it thinks its stuck and then runs "unsticking player" function when is it on flat ground with no obstacles around it.
I know problems like this, if I work in other windows in the foreground. And hold the CTRL or ALT or SHIFT key to long. If so the RoM client reaches a CTRL+W instead of W for moving and that a problem for the bot. So I now try to define both key as moving forward ingame. But that would not occur only with one bot, only with one profile.

Just delete the profile and copy one of the others? Or is it depending from the ingame character? Then perhaps delete the characters folder in 'my documents/Runes of Magic' ?

starcraftfan87

#9 Post by starcraftfan87 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks d003232!

I tried deleting the profile and just coping one of the others and it fixed the problem. No idea what happened to the problem bots profile that made it stop working but its all fine now.

Thanks again for the help

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:20 pm

If you use exact copies of the same profile for each of your characters, why not just use the same profile? It'll make managing that single profile much easier. Just use "rom/bot.lua profile:myProfileName" to load myProfileName.xml for all bots.