Aggros Issue

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
dbzx

Aggros Issue

#1 Post by dbzx » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:34 am

Hi guys Im new and i have a question. Sometimes, when my character attacks one monster and is then aggro by 2 others, for some reason after killing that first monster, it wont attack the other two but instead it will attack a new one. Is there a way to configure the bot so that my character attks any monster that is attacking it?

Thank you for ur help

d003232

Re: Aggros Issue

#2 Post by d003232 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 am

dbzx wrote:Hi guys Im new and i have a question. Sometimes, when my character attacks one monster and is then aggro by 2 others, for some reason after killing that first monster, it wont attack the other two but instead it will attack a new one. Is there a way to configure the bot so that my character attks any monster that is attacking it?
That should not happen what you describe. If the bot has still aggro after a fight. He will wait a fiew seconds for that mobs and then after getting that mobs into the target (that happens automaticly by the RoM client) he will fight them. It could happen, that for some reasons that least to long, and the bot gets an 'aggro timeout'.

Please post the content of your MM window to see more of what is happening.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

dbzx

#3 Post by dbzx » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:02 am

Sorry for the trouble, I redl the micromarco and the rom.zip scripts. Seems like my old profile wasnt different from the one updated. That seems to be the problem. Sorry for the trouble, thanks anyways.

Ucover

#4 Post by Ucover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:40 am

strange, it sounds like an issue i have..

When im attacking 1 and another 1 attacks me the bot will automaticly attack the new aggressor leaving the old 1 on around 10hp, will finish it when it kills the new aggresor but its so unlogical.

And got another strange thingy... 9 out of 10 monters the bot will stop attacking when the monster is on around 10hp.. it will just stand there drinking potions and than die when potions are all gone.

ah well, lets hope that its fixed when new update arrives :)

d003232

#5 Post by d003232 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:44 am

Ucover wrote:strange, it sounds like an issue i have..

When im attacking 1 and another 1 attacks me the bot will automaticly attack the new aggressor leaving the old 1 on around 10hp, will finish it when it kills the new aggresor but its so unlogical.

And got another strange thingy... 9 out of 10 monters the bot will stop attacking when the monster is on around 10hp.. it will just stand there drinking potions and than die when potions are all gone.

ah well, lets hope that its fixed when new update arrives :)
No will not. Because thats the first time one reported such behaivour. You could help to find the reason, by posten your content of the MM window, if you have that situation.

Perhaps we will see the reason for switching the target in your protocoll.

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:03 am

Also, does it only happen when the first enemy has low HP, or can it happen at any time? Does this happen very often, or is it a rare occurrence? Any additional information you can provide would help.

Ucover

#7 Post by Ucover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:56 am

The 3 vs 1 situation : it happends when the 2nd or 3rth one attacks, so it always happends, just switches target to the new aggro.
The stop fighting situation : this happends 9 out of 10 times.. when the monster has low hp (when its about to give the final blow) it stops attacking (normally you see the Attack buttong getting pushed but it just stops when monster is on low hp)

i have deleted everything today and will start from scratch when the bot gets updated to work with the new version, when it styill occures ill make a little movie of it.

d003232

#8 Post by d003232 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 am

Ucover wrote:The 3 vs 1 situation : it happends when the 2nd or 3rth one attacks, so it always happends, just switches target to the new aggro.
The stop fighting situation : this happends 9 out of 10 times.. when the monster has low hp (when its about to give the final blow) it stops attacking (normally you see the Attack buttong getting pushed but it just stops when monster is on low hp)

i have deleted everything today and will start from scratch when the bot gets updated to work with the new version, when it styill occures ill make a little movie of it.
The MM content is the most important thing. There we can see what the bot is doing and by that suppose the reason compared with the coding.

There is a function within the bot to cancel a target ... but only if your get aggro from another mob before you are hitting the first mob.

Sometime due of bad timing ... it could occurs that you cancel the first target ... say at second 2,9 of a 3,0 sec casttime skill ... and you fight the second mob even if you hit the first mob at the same moment. But thats really seldom.

Ucover

#9 Post by Ucover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Oke at the new version it stops fighting also at the last hit.

its saying

Taking too long to damage target, breaking sequence....
clearing target.
fight finished. killed 1 tagena patrolman. <fight #1 / runtime 0 minutes>
Wiating on aggressive enemies.
engaging enemy [Tagena Patrolman] (the same one) in combat.
taking too long to damage target, breaking sequence..

here it just keeps looping and counting +1 to killed tagena.

im a knight and just hitting with my sword atm so no spells are involved.

d003232

#10 Post by d003232 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Ucover wrote: its saying

Code: Select all

Taking too long to damage target, breaking sequence....
clearing target.
im a knight and just hitting with my sword atm so no spells are involved.
Seem you are doing no damage. You could increase

Code: Select all

<option name="MAX_FIGHT_TIME"     value="15" />	<!-- Max time without damage before break -->
in your profile to give you a little more chance to make damage to the target within that period. :-)

Ucover

#11 Post by Ucover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:10 pm

npe that did not work :(

Now it kept the monster at 1% and just stops.. i increased it to 20.. should be more than enough i think

d003232

#12 Post by d003232 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Ucover wrote:npe that did not work :(

Now it kept the monster at 1% and just stops.. i increased it to 20.. should be more than enough i think
Then please post the complete MM window content from that fight. Just click in the upper left corner of the MM window and use the copy function.

Ucover

#13 Post by Ucover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:39 pm

for log check here http://pastebin.com/m44ec3f14

i fought a total of 4 or 5 Tagena Wanderer's.. while it sayes i fought 11.

it stopped on the last line.

d003232

#14 Post by d003232 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Ucover wrote:for log check here http://pastebin.com/m44ec3f14

Oki, seems to be a problem with your profile and the fight distances. Could you please attach your profile?

EDIT: not having your profile atm, I suppose you don't have any skills in your profile. So the bot 'thinks' not to use any skills and by that he don't read back the HP of the mob. And he then thinks ... I don't do damage ... I don't reach the mob ... something is wrong ... I will take the next mob.

The bot is atm just not designed to use no skills and only attack mobs with the basic attack. Why are you doing that (if it's so)?

Administrator
Site Admin

#15 Post by Administrator » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 pm

I noticed that if for whatever reason you lose the target (get stuck, cancel target for any reason, etc.) it counts as a kill, even though you didn't kill it.

d003232

#16 Post by d003232 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 pm

Administrator wrote:I noticed that if for whatever reason you lose the target (get stuck, cancel target for any reason, etc.) it counts as a kill, even though you didn't kill it.
blurring effect -> TODO

Ucover

#17 Post by Ucover » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:29 am

d003232 wrote:
Ucover wrote:for log check here http://pastebin.com/m44ec3f14

Oki, seems to be a problem with your profile and the fight distances. Could you please attach your profile?

EDIT: not having your profile atm, I suppose you don't have any skills in your profile. So the bot 'thinks' not to use any skills and by that he don't read back the HP of the mob. And he then thinks ... I don't do damage ... I don't reach the mob ... something is wrong ... I will take the next mob.

The bot is atm just not designed to use no skills and only attack mobs with the basic attack. Why are you doing that (if it's so)?
yeah i think you are right ! i added Holy Strike to the bot and it now shows the HP of the monster! everything seems to be alright now ! :D

Well i did that becaus i didnt know about the cooldown command (in the other topic you helped me with that) so it spammed all my skills at the beginning of the fight and kept spamming and i didnt like that :) so i said than no skills at all !

Thanks again :)

Ucover

#18 Post by Ucover » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:48 am

yeah its working like it should now ! :) perfect ! altough i forgot to buy some Healpots and it kept ressing and getting killed ;P (have a XP dept op 9000 now :x)

d003232

#19 Post by d003232 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Ucover wrote:Well i did that becaus i didnt know about the cooldown command (in the other topic you helped me with that) so it spammed all my skills at the beginning of the fight and kept spamming and i didnt like that :) so i said than no skills at all !

I don't understand what you mean? The bot knows the cooldown for all skill and will remember them. I you want to look for that, just post your profile.

Ucover

#20 Post by Ucover » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:17 am

d003232 wrote:
Ucover wrote:Well i did that becaus i didnt know about the cooldown command (in the other topic you helped me with that) so it spammed all my skills at the beginning of the fight and kept spamming and i didnt like that :) so i said than no skills at all !

I don't understand what you mean? The bot knows the cooldown for all skill and will remember them. I you want to look for that, just post your profile.
For the skill Holy Strike it did not have a cooldown or a maxuse, so when it attacked a monster it kept spamming HOLY STRIKE becaus nothing was limiting it.