Bill D Cat's Coast of Opportunity Waypoint Files

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Bill D Cat

Bill D Cat's Coast of Opportunity Waypoint Files

#1 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Here is the first in a series of waypoint files I'm building to run through all of the Coast of Opportunity, and eventually Xaveria as well. This waypoint requires Rock5's travelTo and my questHelpers userfunctions file to work properly. Links for those at the end of this post. When you start this waypoint, you need to be at Snoop near Heffner Camp, or near any Snoop so that you can transport there. You can run this with any level character, but the intention is that you've leveled your first two classes to at least 20 and have picked your third class and will use this zone to level the third class. Again, this is not a requirement, but since it doesn't stop to change classes along the way it will be up to you to either let it run through the whole thing on one class, or manually visit the housekeeper to change your classes around.

This waypoint covers all quests in and around Heffner Camp and ends on the bridge heading to Shuma Valley.

Rock5's userfunction_travelTo is here: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=4940

My userfunction_questHelpers is here: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=6016
Attachments
CoO_01_HeffnerCamp.xml
Coast of Opportunity - Part 1
(57.68 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Last edited by Bill D Cat on Fri May 22, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sauhard

Re: Bill D Cat's Coast of Opportunity Waypoint Files

#2 Post by sauhard » Tue May 12, 2015 12:08 pm

You;ve got some chain from elf or dwarf to higher level?
Satisfaction is the end of desire!!

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue May 12, 2015 5:53 pm

I started working on a Silverspring/Varanas waypoint series, but never got all that far with it. I got distracted by working on my Sascilia Steppes series, but I'll get back to it soon.

sauhard

#4 Post by sauhard » Sun May 17, 2015 8:05 am

I encountered a problem will your scripts. I was running this heffner one just one i lagged and dced from rom. I restarted the script but then it went all the way back to waypoint 1 from start. Is there any way to fix that?
Or if not possible can you break your script into some small parts?Like in elf region

Keep up the good work man. This thing you developed is really awesome :)

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:42 am

Near the top of the waypoint file you will find this line.

Code: Select all

__WPL:setWaypointIndex(1)
Replace with this

if not __WPL.ResumePoint then
      end
Bill D Cat knows about this but probably just forgot to use it.

Then if what you described happens again load the character again then use the following command

rom/bot path:resume
or select "resume" from the waypoint list.

This will reload the last waypoint file that character was using and continue from the waypoint number it was up to. Unfortunately you wont be able to resume now that you have tried running the waypoint file again. If you know what waypoint number you were up to (maybe because you can still see where it stopped in the micromacro window) you can try editing the resume log file for that character. You will find it at
  • rom/logs/resumes/[charactername].txt
Just change the number at the end of the line to the waypoint number where you want it to start.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#6 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun May 17, 2015 9:32 am

I think I released the waypoint file before we had introduced the resume functionality in the bot. I should go back and make sure all of my older waypoint files have that correctly in the Onload sections.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:59 am

I wonder if I could have made it automatic. Eg. If you load character A and load waypoint B then why can't it check the resumepoint? If the resume for that character is waypoint B and the resume point is close by then just assume you want to resume from that waypoint. At the moment I can't see any down side to it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Bill D Cat

#8 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun May 17, 2015 10:11 am

Just brings me back to the discussion we had about "Waypoint X is closer then #1. Hence we start with waypoint X.". Basically I see at least three situations we will want to evaluate when determining at what waypoint we should start.

1. Is there a resume point for this character in this waypoint file and it is close by (within 200?) ? If yes, then use the resume point.

2. If there is no resume point, or it is saved for a different waypoint file then do we start at the first waypoint, or the nearest? Could go either way.

3. If the file is called with a loadPaths() from another waypoint file, the resume point will not exist for this file. But as in number 2, do we start from the first waypoint or the nearest? I would guess first in this case.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:39 am

1. Exactly.

2. Well for backward compatibility it should start at the nearest because that's the way it's always been. Starting from the first waypoint is only really needed with quest chains such as your files. I would say most waypoint files available on this site are dailies or minigames. I understand your point of view but I still think closest waypoint is the better default behavior. My opinion anyway.

3. Not always. It could work if they are properly linked end to end but then in those cases most of the time starting from the closest will start at waypoint 1 anyway. And there could be times where you don't want it to start at waypoint 1. For example 1 quite often made my dailies start at the Snoop, head to the quest npc then do the dailies. If I wanted to use that dailies after any other waypoint in another zone I would use TravelTo(thedailyzone) then load the waypoint file and it would start at waypoint 1 near the snoop. But if I was already in the correct zone near the quest npc I would finish the last waypoint near the npc then load the daily and it would start at the waypoint number near the npc not head back to waypoint 1.

Ego95

#10 Post by Ego95 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:18 am

Hey, can you tell me, with version of the questhelper userfunction I need, to support all your scripts? I compared the files and the one here http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5798 seems the file with the biggest size. Will it work for all scripts? Maybe you could update the userfunction in all threads :)

Bill D Cat

#11 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Actually, I think I'm going to remove it from all the other topics and just create one main topic just for my userfunction_questHelpers file. That will make things a lot easier to maintain. The latest should be backwards compatible with all my waypoint files.

sauhard

#12 Post by sauhard » Sat May 23, 2015 11:42 am

I really dunno what's wrong.
Had the following error and it again went to waypoint 1 to start from beginning even after i used resume command.
Attachments
Capture1.PNG

Bill D Cat

#13 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat May 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Yeah, this was an older waypoint file released before the resume feature was added to the bot. You can edit the beginning of the <onload >section to fix the resume issue.

Change

to read

end
After that, you may want to edit the resume file for your character to allow it to try again after your restart the waypoint. You can find the resume files in the directory: rom/logs/resumes/char_name.txt

As to why the waypoint file is failing at that point, all I can guess is the conversation in waypoint #125 didn't complete properly. Can you verify that you have the quest "Differences Between Brothers" in your log book, and that it is indeed incomplete? You can try to manually talk to Tadis and try to complete it then resume at waypoint #127.

Ego95

#14 Post by Ego95 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Bill D Cat wrote:Yeah, this was an older waypoint file released before the resume feature was added to the bot. You can edit the beginning of the <onload >section to fix the resume issue.

Change

to read

end
After that, you may want to edit the resume file for your character to allow it to try again after your restart the waypoint. You can find the resume files in the directory: rom/logs/resumes/char_name.txt

As to why the waypoint file is failing at that point, all I can guess is the conversation in waypoint #125 didn't complete properly. Can you verify that you have the quest "Differences Between Brothers" in your log book, and that it is indeed incomplete? You can try to manually talk to Tadis and try to complete it then resume at waypoint #127.
Seems we got the same point it got stuck. It didnt talk to the NPC like you said. I fixed this with just adding an yrest before the ChoiceOption in the dialog.

noobbotter

#15 Post by noobbotter » Wed May 27, 2015 4:28 pm

I think I remember getting stuck at certain parts. For those parts, I added checks to ensure the quest was accepted or turned in (depending on where it gets stuck) and that helped me avoid having to constantly figure out where it stopped and figure out how to restart it.

Ego95

#16 Post by Ego95 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:50 am

Oh lol, we are in the Coast of Opportunity thread. My elven island script got stuck at #127 because it had not clicked an option at an npc. Sounds so similar that I thought we talked about the elven island.

SDBRedXIII

#17 Post by SDBRedXIII » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Heya Bill,

I just tried your file and the only problem I had is when we accept the quest Temporarily Lead a Team you set Speed("no") and make my bot crash.
I've removed it and resumed the file to crash again after the completition of the quest when you set back the Speed("yes").
Then again removing the code fixed the problem but just don't know why it crashed.

Near the end, the quest Combat Effectiveness didnt wait to be completed before resuming the waypoints.
There I guess its because there is no loop to kill the bandits.

For the rest its a great work!

RedXIII