Howling Mountains - Full Zone Quest Series

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Bill D Cat

Howling Mountains - Full Zone Quest Series

#1 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:42 pm

This set of waypoint files will complete all available quests in Howling Mountains. There are four files in the series that cover the zone as follows:

HM_01_SingleClassHuman - All quests available to a new Human character before choosing a second class.
HM_02_DualClassHuman - All remaining quests in the zone for Human characters that are available after choosing a second class.
HM_03_FullZoneElfDwarf - All quests in the zone for Elf or Dwarf characters leveling their second class.
HM_04_TravelToPioneer - A short movement waypoint to return Humans characters to Pioneer's Colony to start the second file, or Elf and Dwarf characters to start the third file.

My userfunction_questHelpers is here: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=6016

Rock's userfunction_travelTo is here: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=4940

Edit: Updated to the 2.02 release of this waypoint series.
Fixed some issues as noted by noobbotter.
Attachments
HowlingMountains_2.02.7z
Version 2.02
(21.66 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Last edited by Bill D Cat on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

rock5

Re: Howling Mountains - Single class full quest series

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:53 pm

I remember when I used to do Anglie, usually it was too tough for me so I used a few tricks to do it.
  • 1. Wait for someone else to do it. In those days this worked but I suspect these days no one ever does this quest especially on some servers.
    2. Wait for some other newbie player to aggro it and when they realize they can't kill it and run away and Anglie chases them, go to the mound.
Now these strategies are probably not programmable but you could just check if Anglie is there. It is possible that someone else killed it and it hasn't re-spawned yet. So you could replace the stopPE with a 'wait till Anglie is gone'. This assumes you don't need to kill Anglie for a quest.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:05 am

You do eventually need to kill Anglie for "Final Clue", but you don't get that quest until you have picked up your second class. I suppose I could change it up so that it doesn't try to do "Treasure Hunt 4" until then, but my initial line of thought was that since the quest was available as a single classed character, I was going to try and complete it in this waypoint series.

Bill D Cat

#4 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:44 am

I'm finishing up a complete rewrite of this waypoint series. This will attempt to do every quest in the zone other than Obtaining Strange Material in the Barren Caves instance. Right now I just need to finish up with Treasure Hunt - Stage 4, Final Clue and Aymi is not Food. I hope to be able to release it sometimes next week. Here's the .readme file that I'll include in the archive.
This series of multiple waypoint files will complete all of the quests in the Howling Mountains zone.

New human characters should use the first set of files to complete the quests available to single classed characters.
At the end of this series you will be in the Varanas Class Hall where you can choose your second class.
HM_01_SingleClassHuman

After choosing your second class as a human, you can then run the following files to take you back to Howling Mountains and finish the zone.
This part of the quest series starts in the Varanas Class Hall after you've picked your secondary class.
HM_04_TravelToPioneer
HM_02_DualClassHuman

For Elf and Dwarf characters that are using Howling Mountains to level their second class, use the following files to complete the entire zone in one session.
This part of the quest series starts in the Varanas Class Hall after you've picked your secondary class.
HM_04_TravelToPioneer
HM_03_FullZoneElfDwarf

Bill D Cat

Re: Howling Mountains - Full Zone Quest Series

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Updating the file in the first post with the 2.0 release. This now covers all quests other than "Things that go Bump in the Night" and "Obtaining Strange Material".

Feedback appreciated.

And yes, I realize it's HUGE. It covers the entire zone ... TWICE. Once for humans, and once for Elves and Dwarves.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:07 am

Good work. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#7 Post by noobbotter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 am

Bill D,

Yesterday I decided to give the new Howling Mountains quest line a run and I had some issues.

First thing I did was I was going to try running an elf that I had through it on a second class. I have a level 19 Druid. I took him to Class Hall, chose Mage as his second class and attempted to run the HM03 file and it kept erroring out saying "This waypoint file is for a dual classed Elf or Dwarf character. (Line 2 of onload section). So after commenting out the first 3 lines, I went to run it and it was trying to run to the first quest to accept. I didn't realize that HM_04 should be run before HM_03. I manually ran him all the way to Pioneer's Colony.

So then it was off to the races. I started the script and it began doing quests. When it got to waypoint 19, it errored out. The word inventory was misspelled.

The section around WP 97 - 100something took quite a while for it to complete. It was having trouble capturing the red pincer cave crabs.

Some of the travel points seem to need adjustments on the travel type because it will take the time to mount up, start moving to go turn in a quest and then attack something, then run until the next waypoint.

The mage kept running out of mana so I had to stop it, edit the profile for keeping mana pots, go buy some, edit my lootit filter, re-buy some, and then resume in order for it to not pause after every other fight.

I never did finish running it all the way through because I ran out of time, but I will gladly test with more. Some of the other things that could really help with running this:

Is there a good preset default profile to use that will properly use the correct skills and level them up as he levels? I had downloaded a fresh copy of the default profile and it did not auto level skills. Also adding specific settings to it for auto-selling might be helpful because bagspace did fill up and I had to manually remove/sell some stuff to keep it going.

I had to go in to lootit and make adjustments on old low level stuff that I had previously set to drop in order to be able to complete some of the quests. Adding functionality to detect Lootit and auto set specific items to not drop (as well as enable autoloot) would be a really good functionality.

I also went in and started a new human knight character. It seemed to run very well but like the other waypoint, I had to manually do things to keep it going (level up skills, clear bag space, etc...). A sort of side question, with that new knight which I've never really botted one before, I was trying to get it to use priority casting and set some order to it's attacks but the only attack it wanted to do was Holy Seal. Even with setting Priority casting to true, and having Holy Seal as the lowest priority, Holy seal was the only attack it would do. Here's what I had in the profile for skills:

Code: Select all

<skills_knight>
		<skill name="KNIGHT_ENHANCED_ARMOR"   	hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_POWER_EXPLOSION" hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_SHIELD"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" inbattle="true" hpper="15" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_PUNISHMENT"     	hotkey="MACRO" priority="85" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_SEAL"      	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />

</skills_knight>
Any ideas on how to optimize the attacks of a low level knight (no elites)?

Anyway, I hope you find some of this info helpful.

noobbotter

#8 Post by noobbotter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:15 am

I'm running the HM_02 and I got stuck at this point. If I remember right, I got stuck at the same point with an elf running HM_03 yesterday:

Moving to waypoint #75, (-1209, -10024)
Moving to waypoint #102, (-1349, -9960)
We try to find NPC 110066:
We successfully target NPC Gyor and try to open the dialog window.
Quest completed: Lost Material
Quest already accepted: Warning
Failed to accept quest: "Warning". Please fix, then resume.
Go to sleep at 08/18/15 11:12:28. Press Delete to wake up.

When I looked at it, the quest was not already accepted and when i manually accepted it, the waypoint was able to continue on properly.

Bill D Cat

#9 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 pm

noobbotter wrote:Bill D,

Yesterday I decided to give the new Howling Mountains quest line a run and I had some issues.

First thing I did was I was going to try running an elf that I had through it on a second class. I have a level 19 Druid. I took him to Class Hall, chose Mage as his second class and attempted to run the HM03 file and it kept erroring out saying "This waypoint file is for a dual classed Elf or Dwarf character. (Line 2 of onload section). So after commenting out the first 3 lines, I went to run it and it was trying to run to the first quest to accept. I didn't realize that HM_04 should be run before HM_03. I manually ran him all the way to Pioneer's Colony.
I fixed the issue with the HM03 onload, and added some more informative text. It should now not go running off at random at the start of the waypoint files if you are not in the right location to start them.
noobbotter wrote:So then it was off to the races. I started the script and it began doing quests. When it got to waypoint 19, it errored out. The word inventory was misspelled.
Fixed this one, and another similar typo further down the file when getting ready to fight Anglie.
noobbotter wrote:The section around WP 97 - 100something took quite a while for it to complete. It was having trouble capturing the red pincer cave crabs.
Ran three more characters through that part of the code and they all completed it on first try. This is on the official servers, mind you. I'll try it out on Arcadia to see if you are just too strong to capture it without killing the crab.
noobbotter wrote:Some of the travel points seem to need adjustments on the travel type because it will take the time to mount up, start moving to go turn in a quest and then attack something, then run until the next waypoint.
Noted and fixed. Added checks to about four other quests to make sure the movement mode is set properly both before and after killing mobs for the quests.
noobbotter wrote:The mage kept running out of mana so I had to stop it, edit the profile for keeping mana pots, go buy some, edit my lootit filter, re-buy some, and then resume in order for it to not pause after every other fight.
I'll look into adding a few more visits to the merchant if it is needed. I have my LootIt! settings to only autoloot blue to brown items, and have a filter for Quest Items to always loot. Overall, I haven't had any issue with my bags being too full since I'm not looting white or green items.
noobbotter wrote:I never did finish running it all the way through because I ran out of time, but I will gladly test with more. Some of the other things that could really help with running this:

Is there a good preset default profile to use that will properly use the correct skills and level them up as he levels? I had downloaded a fresh copy of the default profile and it did not auto level skills. Also adding specific settings to it for auto-selling might be helpful because bagspace did fill up and I had to manually remove/sell some stuff to keep it going.
I use the UserDefault profile for the most part with all my testing characters. I'll attach the file to this post so you can see my settings that may impact new characters trying to run through these waypoints.
noobbotter wrote:I had to go in to lootit and make adjustments on old low level stuff that I had previously set to drop in order to be able to complete some of the quests. Adding functionality to detect Lootit and auto set specific items to not drop (as well as enable autoloot) would be a really good functionality.
I'll see if I can work up something to interface with Loot-o-matic as well as LootIt! to add some filters if needed.
noobbotter wrote:I also went in and started a new human knight character. It seemed to run very well but like the other waypoint, I had to manually do things to keep it going (level up skills, clear bag space, etc...). A sort of side question, with that new knight which I've never really botted one before, I was trying to get it to use priority casting and set some order to it's attacks but the only attack it wanted to do was Holy Seal. Even with setting Priority casting to true, and having Holy Seal as the lowest priority, Holy seal was the only attack it would do. Here's what I had in the profile for skills:

<skills_knight>
		<skill name="KNIGHT_ENHANCED_ARMOR"   	hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_POWER_EXPLOSION" hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_SHIELD"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" inbattle="true" hpper="15" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_PUNISHMENT"     	hotkey="MACRO" priority="85" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_SEAL"      	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />

</skills_knight>
Any ideas on how to optimize the attacks of a low level knight (no elites)?
See the attached UserDefault profile for the settings I use for all the classes.
noobbotter wrote:Anyway, I hope you find some of this info helpful.
Exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. Thank you.
Attachments
UserDefault.xml
My personal UserDefault file.
(17.97 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

Bill D Cat

#10 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:17 am

noobbotter wrote:I'm running the HM_02 and I got stuck at this point. If I remember right, I got stuck at the same point with an elf running HM_03 yesterday:

Moving to waypoint #75, (-1209, -10024)
Moving to waypoint #102, (-1349, -9960)
We try to find NPC 110066:
We successfully target NPC Gyor and try to open the dialog window.
Quest completed: Lost Material
Failed to accept quest: "Warning". Please fix, then resume.
Go to sleep at 08/18/15 11:12:28. Press Delete to wake up.

When I looked at it, the quest was not already accepted and when i manually accepted it, the waypoint was able to continue on properly.
Nothing in the code at that point that should cause it to not accept the quest. The only thing I can think of is it might be related to the issue I was having with some quests at turn in if one quest name was a sub-string of another quest in your log book. In this case, "Warning" is accepted after "Goblin Warning" and might be having a similar problem.

noobbotter

#11 Post by noobbotter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 am

Good info. Thanks Bill D. I'm still running various characters so anything further that I find I'll write down so I can let you know.

Bill D Cat

#12 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:15 am

noobbotter wrote:I also went in and started a new human knight character. It seemed to run very well but like the other waypoint, I had to manually do things to keep it going (level up skills, clear bag space, etc...).
I ran a dwarf character through the third waypoint file last night, and it seemed that it too was not leveling up the skills each level. Some levels it would do it just fine, but others it didn't. Wondering if the bot was just missing the level up event from the game. I could pause the bot and use a second MM window with the commandline to issue the levelUpSkills1to10 command and it worked fine. So my guess here is the event wasn't being caught every time.

noobbotter

#13 Post by noobbotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:23 am

I did figure out that the reason mine wasnt doing any of the bags or leveling up is because I didn't have the 1to10 stuff in my profile.

Well, after doing howling and sascilia, I was up to about 14 on both classes. I manually did some questing in sascilia but man those are long quests. I'm now up to 17 on one of my levels. I read somewhere that someone was working on some Varanas/Silverspring questlines. Anyone have any they can share? Trying to get to 20/20 so I can go to CoO.

SDBRedXIII

#14 Post by SDBRedXIII » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:52 pm

Hello there,

I've been trying your waypoints for a new human character and I've had some problem:

On waypoint #245 The bot always stop with an error about the GetSupplies() and the bot stop. I can't find any information about the GetSupplies() function on the wiki and in the userfunction from you and Rock5. Anyone can tell me where I could find more detailed info on function with the bot?

Thanks

<!-- #245 --><waypoint x="-1430" z="-4864" y="-22">
			getSupplies()
			if getQuestStatus(420064) == "complete" and getQuestStatus(420531) == "complete" then
				__WPL:setDirection(WPT_BACKWARD)
			end
	</waypoint>

BlubBlab

#15 Post by BlubBlab » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:54 pm

SDBRedXIII wrote:Hello there,

I've been trying your waypoints for a new human character and I've had some problem:

On waypoint #245 The bot always stop with an error about the GetSupplies() and the bot stop. I can't find any information about the GetSupplies() function on the wiki and in the userfunction from you and Rock5. Anyone can tell me where I could find more detailed info on function with the bot?

Thanks

<!-- #245 --><waypoint x="-1430" z="-4864" y="-22">
			getSupplies()
			if getQuestStatus(420064) == "complete" and getQuestStatus(420531) == "complete" then
				__WPL:setDirection(WPT_BACKWARD)
			end
	</waypoint>
So far I can tell is the getSupplies() function in the onload section of the waypoint

function getSupplies()
				if getQuestStatus(420064) == "incomplete" then
					supplies = player:findNearestNameOrId({110080,110433})
					if supplies and 150 > distance(supplies.X, supplies.Z, player.X, player.Z) then
						player:moveTo(CWaypoint(supplies.X, supplies.Z), true)
						player:target_Object(supplies.Id)
						yrest(3000)
					end
				end
				killForQuest(false, 100061, 420531)
			end
About he error you must be a bit more specific:
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

SDBRedXIII

#16 Post by SDBRedXIII » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks BlubBlab,

I had forgot to see the on load section ^^

Since when the script crash I mod the waypoint to resume where it crashed I forgot to real all the on Load section!

TheAssasinOfDarkness

#17 Post by TheAssasinOfDarkness » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:20 am

Hi
If u can help me to fix this problem
Attachments
Untitled.png

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:03 am

TheAssasinOfDarkness wrote:Hi
If u can help me to fix this problem
Your memory table might be missing some values, another posted this recently as well, easiest fix is to delete the file and do a update/revert on the folder.

the file is in the folder rom/cache/ and it is called itemtypestable.lua
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual